Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Never had so much trouble on picking a color

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 08:58 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I saw one at the dealer in cobalt, really bright, electric blue. I mean it's really blue. The light colors tend to highlight all the side vents/ scoops, etc, much less so with the darker shades.
As far as the midlife crisis, somebody else used that line, but I kinda see that, jmo though. I'll never forget a riced up honda I saw in an identical shade of cobalt, just can't get that image out of my head, hence the boyracer comment, nothing personal to anybody here, just my own opinions on colors.
Yes, Gerry I am a surgeon(CRS), what do you do?
C
Old 11-20-2006, 09:58 AM
RSA333
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C4S Surgeon-

What do I do? That's a good question. I was a Section Chief at the N.I.H. here in Bethesda, MD, specializing in neurosurgery, especially microsurgical anatomy. But the combination of bureaucracy and stress was unrelenting.

Now, with additional degrees, I design and develop surgical simulation systems, in collaboration with folks like Dick Bell (American Board of Surgery) and Ajit Sachveda (American College of Surgeons). These are used mostly for training and proficiency applications. I have a session at the MMVR meeting in Long Beach in February.

One other medical task I have, is that I get to visit the Porsche factories in Germany to support their CPR and AED needs - this through another company. I get to peek around and have some good friends there, but am carefully guided.

And I can go on and on...Most of the medical folks I know that like to race 911s are trauma Surgeons, ER physicians and nurses, and EMS. I guess we are all thrill-seekers at some level.

Thanks - Gerry
Old 11-23-2006, 04:36 AM
morganb
Instructor

I had a slate grey 964 turbo, great looking when clean yet hides the dirt OK when not. Go slate!!
Old 11-23-2006, 05:45 AM
JJS 03S
Instructor

Last Summer I ordered a white Carrera and I'm very happy with my choice. To me, it is very striking. I was concerned about a clear bra changing the color (yellowing) on the front bumper. But, I was more concerned about getting stone chips so I had it installed and I'm glad that I did. In very bright sunlight I can see a very slight difference between the bumper and the hood. Most people never notice it is on. It is so slight that I can live with it. I do a lot of highway driving, so I could see myself touching up a lot of paint chips. Since nothing is perfect, for me is was a trade-off. After owning Porsches in Meridian Metalic and Lapis Blue Metalic (Loved them both) I did want a white Carrera.
-just my opinion.
-Jay

Quick Reply: Never had so much trouble on picking a color