Sponsored by:

New Addition for My Condition!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 04:35 PM
magwheel
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking New Addition for My Condition!

All I really wanted to do was to stop in "To see what condition my condition was in" and I guess my condition was a little weak so I had to do something about it!

Well, I guess I didn't keep my word when I said I was done buying cars for a while. A friend of mine mentioned to me that he was at our local Porsche dealer and he saw a new 997 Turbo there. He said it was outrageous and I should stop by and check it out.

This is at the same dealer I had a problem with when I bought my 2003 GT2. His GM screwed me into a 4 year lease deal saying Porsche wouldn't approve a 3 year lease. I found out 2 weeks later that it was a lie by the GM so he could reap more kickback from the 4 year lease.

Anyhow, ironically, one of my sons called me the same day and said he had drove by the dealer, saw the Turbo, stopped in and freaked out over it and he too thought I should stop in and check it out. Couldn't believe I got both calls the same day about that Turbo!

So with all that agitation, I knew I needed to pay the dealer a visit. The owner of the dealership had sent me a note a year ago or so apologizing for his GM's actions and said he wanted to make it up to me, so he asked me to stop by one day. I guess this was as good a day as any!

Well I jumped in the Carrera GT (to do a little ball-busting - cause I had bought it from another dealer because of his GM) and went to the dealer's new showroom. Sure enough, there it was on the spotlight stage, a new 997 Turbo in Colbalt Blue Metallic with Stone Grey leather interior. It was beautiful. BUT it had a 'SOLD' tag on the windshield! Bummed out!

I called the owner over, had a friendly pow-wow and then asked what was the situation on the 997 Turbo? He told me it was 'supposedly' sold to a car dealer (non-Porsche) in Florida but he hadn't done any paper work on her yet.

Long story short...... he decided to sell it to me..... at STICKER..... $132,905. I guess he was trying to mend broken fences! I certainly appreciated his gesture no matter what the reason.

It's an awesome car with unreal power as far as I can tell. I'll give everyone some more reflections on her at a later date.

One gripe and one weird situation. The gripe..... $540 for Silver 'colored' seat belts! Are you kiddin? Now if they were Silver studded..... well maybe!

Weird situation...... on the sticker it says Colbalt Blue Metallic $2380. And then on the line below, it says Colbalt Blue Metallic N/C (no charge). But I did the calculations and I WAS charged the $2380! Also on the 'build it yourself configurator' website, it also says there is no charge for the Colbalt Blue Metallic paint! Huh? Helloooo..... Porsche..... anyone home?

I guess I'll have to call Porsche Headquarters this week to see what the heck is going on. Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy the pics. Reckon I added a new color to the rainbow mix of cars! Magwheel
Attached Images        

Last edited by magwheel; 07-14-2006 at 11:54 PM.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:56 PM
mrpc12
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like your collection needed some blue in it. Congrats.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:07 PM
fer2367
Rennlist Member

Beautiful car..and awesome collection. It'd be great for the rest of us to read your insights on the different caracters of all your cars...all of them great, but I would assume that each with different personalities and strenghts and weaknesses.

Congratulations!
Old 07-09-2006, 06:10 PM
drbf
Pro

WOW, congrats and enjoy. BTW, I was told Cobalt Blue was now a standard color at no charge. What other options did you get? Love that color.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:06 PM
dk996tt
Instructor

congratulations! You will love it! Just curious on just how much better your CGT is from a performance perspective than the 997 turbo. Is the extra performance in the CGT justify the additional price?
Old 07-09-2006, 08:46 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Michael,

This is top-notch. I usually do not like blue cars, but the Cobalt blue is stunning. To the point that I may actually buy a Cobalt Cayman myself.

One word on the up-charge, this is the second instance I see this happen. The black/grey two-tone seat in the Boxster/Cayman line is supposed to be no-charge according to the Porsche configurator. I actually saw a Boxster on a lot with a 2-tone interior, and the sticker says N/C on the interior color. However, all my friends who know Porsche much more than I do say that is a $2,750 up-charge, and indeed when I added up the options and base list on the Boxster, there was $2,750 hidden in there somewhere.

I guess Porsche has a peculiar way of accounting for options.

In any case, congratulations to your most recent addition. The 997tt is a superb car. Can't wait to read your review. Enjoy in great health.

CP

Last edited by CP; 07-09-2006 at 11:23 PM.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:50 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

A real beauty! Enjoy it!
Old 07-09-2006, 11:35 PM
magwheel
Instructor

Smile Characters of all your cars

Originally Posted by fer2367
Beautiful car..and awesome collection. It'd be great for the rest of us to read your insights on the different caracters of all your cars...all of them great, but I would assume that each with different personalities and strenghts and weaknesses.

Congratulations!
Thank you! I hope you guys won't mind but I did a review of all my cars on JabbasWorld.com. If you go to this link, you'll find I think all the info I have found out on each car from my perspective.
http://www.jabbasworld.net/viewtopic...er=asc&start=0

Yes..... they're all different in they're own way. Since I try to drive them all in order, it's usually 5-6 days before I get to drive each one again. Believe it or not, in that amount of time, I usually forget something control wise and wind up laughing my *** off in embarrassment!

I'm truly a lucky person and really enjoy sharing my cars with all of you. I hope for those of you that haven't visited my JabbasWorld's post that after your visit you will make a comment there that will send some visitors back to this fantastic Rennlist.com forum site. Michael
Old 07-09-2006, 11:58 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 48 Posts

You lucky, lucky man...
Congrats on the new 997TT and all the other beasts... Wish I could find one so quick at MSRP.. But it sounds like the owner wanted your future business and I don't blame him..

Keep the shiney side up..
B

Go Bucks !!
Old 07-10-2006, 01:01 AM
NiATE
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

Beautiful color!!! It might clash in your garage though... I strongly recommend tracking down a set of clear side markers. I feel the the yellow ones really detract from most Porsche colors and lines.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:34 AM
AaronR968
Racer

I loved all of your write-ups on your cars! I fell into it off of 6speed online. I will also say what you did for those kids is truly amazing, You are a stand up guy! Congrats on the new turbo cant wait to see a write up on it as well. Guess you finally filled your GT2 void!
Old 07-10-2006, 12:50 PM
fer2367
Rennlist Member

Michael,

Read your reviews on JabbasWorld.com....excellent job!. Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-10-2006, 07:19 PM
Deanriffs
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Where is the close-up of the optional silver seatbelts?

Enjoy your new car in good health. It's a beauty.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:38 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 394 Likes on 203 Posts

Congrats on your purchase,...looks beautiful. Your car collection is really extraordinary.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:20 PM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

WOW Nice car.By fare the nicest 997TT I've seen yet. I can only imagine what it looks like in the flesh

Last edited by MHC2S; 07-11-2006 at 07:57 PM.

Quick Reply: New Addition for My Condition!