Sponsored by:

ABS and PASM failure

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2020, 03:28 AM
jyc819
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default ABS and PASM failure

I'm an idiot and when I used the Foxwell to perform coding, I entered the wrong vehicle variant in the gateway control system and now I'm getting the ABS and PASM fault codes. I went back to the drop down again but there's no selection for the 997.1 turbo. Did I just bricked my car?? Can a Durametric software correct the coding error? Or am I screwed and only the dealership can fix?
Old 11-01-2020, 09:17 AM
m5biemer
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm sorry that no one has responded yet. I'm guessing that Foxwell isn't as common a coding tool, so most of us aren't familiar with it? I'd not heard of it. You may need to check with the dealership or a good indie mechanic. Have you called Foxwell's tech support? That may be your best step 1. Good luck & please report back.
Old 11-01-2020, 10:57 AM
jeebus31
Three Wheelin'

Received 422 Likes on 233 Posts

Maybe try unhooking the battery to see if it resets itself
Old 11-01-2020, 02:50 PM
atm4jim
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I agree, try disconnecting the battery to reset, just keep in mind you will get PSM/PASM failure which should go away after a short drive. Also, your power windows auto roll up/down will need to be set, super simple.
Old 11-02-2020, 12:04 AM
jyc819
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by atm4jim
I agree, try disconnecting the battery to reset, just keep in mind you will get PSM/PASM failure which should go away after a short drive. Also, your power windows auto roll up/down will need to be set, super simple.
thank you, everyone. I was able to borrow a Durametric cable and corrected the incorrect coding. With Durametric the software is now showing the correct variant in the Gateway Control module whereas the Foxwell it is still showing the Turbo S variant. However, the PASM, ABS, and PSM are all back to normal. The only thing left I need to resolve is the annoying TPMS. I reset the module numerous times and the stupid thing won't get out of the learning mode. I will keep searching the forum and see if theres any solutions.
The following users liked this post:
scottmcdaniel (09-12-2021)

Quick Reply: ABS and PASM failure