Notices

997.1 Turbo for sale (had to share)

Old 07-10-2019, 07:29 PM
Turboslut
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997.1 Turbo for sale (had to share)

I went with a coworker to pick up his new to him car (non Porsche) and stumbled upon this vehicle. I am posting because I personally saw the car and can attest to how amazing of a condition the body is in. It has what seems to be old school paint protection (yellow now) everywhere. No dings or dents and fully loaded.

The car is in Miami and has 96k miles.

It is priced accordingly, but honestly the car shows like a low mileage car....I am amazed.

Good luck to those in search.

I have no affiliation with dealership, just passing it along.
Attached Images              
Old 07-10-2019, 07:40 PM
Turboslut
Addict
Rennlist Member

Good luck
Attached Images  
Old 07-11-2019, 09:47 AM
USNA12
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is it listed for? I have been toying around with the idea of selling my 2009 997.1 to a friend, not on rennlist since my car has a boat load of mods and I know how everyone here hates cars with mods and hits in range 5 of the DME, and mine has 77k miles. Only reason I would sell would be to cool off for a bit spending wise then get a 991.2 GT3
Old 07-11-2019, 10:47 AM
Rad997TT
User

Just looked it up on the dealer website...... It's listed for $60K. What's strange is the available Carfax shows two recent service records at 100K and 103K miles and now the car has 95K mi.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:37 PM
tinkerbill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rad997TT View Post
Just looked it up on the dealer website...... It's listed for $60K. What's strange is the available Carfax shows two recent service records at 100K and 103K miles and now the car has 95K mi.
So I wanted to trade in my 09 C2S for my current 2012 TTS. I hadn't looked at the C2S Carfax since I bought it and when I pulled up the Carfax to make sure it was clear, it showed a big warning sign and said it looked like the speedo had been rolled back or something similar and the last service was in Montana about 1,200 miles from me. Long story shorter, someone in Montana took their car to a lube place and whoever loaded the license plate into the system misread a U for a V and entered my plate number and their mileage which was a lot different than mine. I immediately went into high speed wobble and contacted the lube place and Carfax and we figured out what happened. Carfax and the lube place got their records corrected quickly but this is one way this can happen.
Bill

Last edited by tinkerbill; 07-11-2019 at 12:41 PM. Reason: .
Old 07-11-2019, 01:23 PM
Rad997TT
User

Hi Bill, That makes sense. I can see how easy it would be to make that kind of a service mistake. Tom
Old 07-11-2019, 02:39 PM
Turboslut
Addict
Rennlist Member

I just looked on carfax and saw the same. I also noticed accident history....which to me actually makes $60k a high price and not value. Guess I jumped the gun on sharing it.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:13 PM
Rad997TT
User

It's a nice looking car. Plus, I think that every "for sale" helps to shape the value how much the 997TT's are worth. It'll be interesting if they drop the price, or if someone will come along and pick it up.... I could be wrong, but it seems like prices have been going up slowly.
Old 07-11-2019, 04:08 PM
Skwerl
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by USNA12 View Post
What is it listed for? I have been toying around with the idea of selling my 2009 997.1 to a friend, not on rennlist since my car has a boat load of mods and I know how everyone here hates cars with mods and hits in range 5 of the DME, and mine has 77k miles. Only reason I would sell would be to cool off for a bit spending wise then get a 991.2 GT3
You might message this seller: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ight-mods.html and see what he got for it. Listed for $80k (or $70k with mods removed) and sold pretty fast.

My car is spookily similar to his and yours so I'd be interested to know, too. (He didn't respond to my PM after it sold, but he may have not even have read it thinking I was just a tire kicker wasting his time.)
Old 07-11-2019, 05:00 PM
Turboslut
Addict
Rennlist Member

It's a nice looking car. Plus, I think that every "for sale" helps to shape the value how much the 997TT's are worth. It'll be interesting if they drop the price, or if someone will come along and pick it up.... I could be wrong, but it seems like prices have been going up slowly.
Inflation is definitely ticking up here and there.....has anyone here tried to buy the entry level Rolex watches over the past two years? They are double in price so far...
Old 07-11-2019, 06:43 PM
Bxstr
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If someone is ok with putting some time and money into refreshing components, that is a very nice car that someone could drive and enjoy.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:46 PM
Bxstr
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Turboslut View Post
Inflation is definitely ticking up here and there.....has anyone here tried to buy the entry level Rolex watches over the past two years? They are double in price so far...
I haven't tried to buy because I know I won't get anywhere. BLNR's that were $8k on the gray market are $15k. Daytonas that were $10k are $15k, for the last gen. If you want a new Daytona, expect to pay $20-25k for a $12k MSRP watch. Pepsi's that retail for $9k are going for $18k. It is ridiculous. Only a matter of time before they all come back down to reality, these prices don't last forever, just like 911R's don't sell for $500k forever.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:59 PM
atcbi5
User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn’t pay over retail for the Daytona. Those are asking prices and nobody will pay that. Would love one but ain’t paying over retail. You make a very valid point. 911R was super neat 4 years ago. Now, clutter on the kitchen table. Nobody will pay big bucks for it. Buy a GT-3RS. Nobody cares about the 911R now. What’s hot now is the GT-2RS.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:03 AM
Steve 96C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Turboslut View Post
Tell me about it. I bought one today. Got a new stainless steel Rolex Daytona for $7350 15 years ago, traded it for a 12 year old white gold meteorite dial Daytona 9 mos ago, it ended up being way too heavy, traded it back to them for a white dial stainless steel 10 year old Daytona for $2500 more than I sold the 15 year old watch to them 9 mos ago. Such is life. I didn't like the new ceramic dial ones and can't find any for sale anyway for MSRP.

Old 07-12-2019, 08:04 AM
bondjockey
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Or you could buy a Casio G shock like me for $250. Looks good, works great. No bling factor though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: