Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Akrapovic Now Available(again) for Porsche 997 Turbo

Old 06-06-2019, 08:49 PM
VividRacing
Former Vendor

Received 98 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Akrapovic Now Available(again) for Porsche 997 Turbo

Hey guys! Akrapovic discontinued their 997TT line a few years back, but due to high demand they are once again available. Akrapovic is the undisputed highest quality exhaust manufacturer on the planet, and these systems are no different. For the 997TT, they are are available as the full headerback Evolution Line, or the slip-on system which replaces the cats back to the tips. Both systems are full titanium and engineered to sound and perform above all other brands.

We developed the Evolution aftermarket exhaust system for the Turbo, which is made of titanium. We thought it important to improve the sound. The turbines of the Turbo strongly absorb the sound of the engine, but we were able could compensate for it. We were able to add the otherwise quiet Turbo a sonorous and aggressive sound impression without disadvantages in the daily use.

Two turbo chargers, two air intercoolers considerably increase the weight of the Porsche 997 Turbo engine in comparison to the atmospheric model. The lighter exhaust system unburdens the rear end and centralizes the weight in a more balanced manner. The limit range of the vehicle adjusts upwards and so a higher transverse acceleration is possible.

We achieved an increase in power, torque and reduction of weight by 11 kg, because of new 100 cpsi hi-flow metal catalysts and the capacity-optimized layout of the muffler.

Last edited by VividRacing; 06-07-2019 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 01:18 AM
Hueneme997
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The big question is what does the cat back system cost?
Old 06-07-2019, 07:38 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

1.2 million dollars! Get the Europipe 1 much less and the best.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:22 AM
Hueneme997
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by atcbi5
1.2 million dollars! Get the Europipe 1 much less and the best.
You are correct on the 1.2 million however I’ve used Akrapovic on at least 3 vehicles and they are hands down the highest quality exhaust you can buy. EP is up there but no match for Akra.
That being said they are overpriced.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:40 PM
VividRacing
Former Vendor

MSRP for the full evolution system is $11,390.84 and MSRP for the catback system is $7974.57
Old 06-07-2019, 03:37 PM
MexicoBlueTurboS
Burning Brakes

Received 227 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by VividRacing
Akrapovic is the undisputed highest quality exhaust manufacturer on the planet, and these systems are no different.
There are a lot of people disputing in this thread.
Old 06-07-2019, 03:55 PM
Rob32Ford
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow - besides the Porsche tax - what could possibly make an exhaust system that expensive - especially given how short it is???

I'd be shocked if it cost more than $1000 to make.

Did you see the recent article for Peloton exercise bikes? Sales increased when they raised the price!! Can't beat good marketing/understanding of human buying habits.....
Old 06-07-2019, 03:59 PM
VividRacing
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Rob32Ford
Wow - besides the Porsche tax - what could possibly make an exhaust system that expensive - especially given how short it is???

I'd be shocked if it cost more than $1000 to make.

Did you see the recent article for Peloton exercise bikes? Sales increased when they raised the price!! Can't beat good marketing/understanding of human buying habits.....
Akrapovic is one of the most expensive exhaust brands on the market, this is no secret. They spend more time and money on R&D than any other brand on the planet, and until you hold one in your hands or own one on a personal car, it is tough to realize. Here is a short behind the scenes video showing why they charge so much

Is Akrapovic for everyone? No. There are plenty of great 997TT options that are still high quality and sound/perform great. This is for the owner who wants no compromise with quality or engineering, which is the same reason that Porsche uses Akrapovic for numerous GT cars
Old 06-07-2019, 04:55 PM
MexicoBlueTurboS
Burning Brakes

I figured out where all of the money is going.

Screenshot at 3:20 in this Akrapovic promotional video.

I'll be back in 5-6 minutes after I watch some more of this informative and enlightening video.

Unless I am...... exhausted.

Old 06-07-2019, 05:23 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 109 Posts

LOL. Clearly market leaders in exhaust research...

Unobtanium make the best exhausts for our cars, hands down/up/sideways. They don't make silly promotional videos, instead focusing on hand built products.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:29 PM
VividRacing
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by nzskater

Unobtanium make the best exhausts for our cars, hands down/up/sideways. They don't make silly promotional videos, instead focusing on hand built products.
Yeah that video review was not made by Akrapovic, that is a customer and private vendor sponsor that made it. I am sure others will chime in, but Akrapovic is regarded as the highest end exhaust manufacturer on the planet. There is a reason that Porsche has employed Akrapovic to make OEM exhaust systems for some GT cars.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:40 PM
R3dn3k Flyby
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MexicoBlueTurboS
I figured out where all of the money is going.

Screenshot at 3:20 in this Akrapovic promotional video.

I'll be back in 5-6 minutes after I watch some more of this informative and enlightening video.

Unless I am...... exhausted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCaT_et6FMM
You've just concluded that a former "Track and Field Career at Penn State" that likes to share his "love of riding motorcycles, lifting weights and living a positive and healthy lifestyle" is the creator of official Akrapovic marketing material. Kudos to him on the talent though.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:46 PM
R3dn3k Flyby
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nzskater

Unobtanium makes some great products without a doubt, but... beyond laying killer welds and having great fitment, there's no real R&D and sound development to his products. It's not like he's burning through hours and hours of R&D and labor and tons of material to develop a system and bring it to market. He also isn't factory equipment on any vehicle on this planet whereas Akrapovic is on BMW, Porsche, Lamborghini and others. Their tolerances, requirements, and attention to detail are second to none.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:19 PM
MexicoBlueTurboS
Burning Brakes

I think the video is money well spent. You can clearly see the quality of those cans.

Last edited by MexicoBlueTurboS; 06-16-2019 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:52 PM
1q2w3e4r
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I had the full Akra system on my 997 GT2. It's a fantastic piece of kit and they sounds great.

They also make the stock factory system exhausts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Akrapovic Now Available(again) for Porsche 997 Turbo