Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 06:37 AM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 398 Likes on 194 Posts
Default New to me 997.1 TT

Well,

After many a year after selling my beloved 993 GT2 Rep (before they went up in value) - I have just put a deposit on a 997TT.

Getting a PPI done in the next week - but it has Porsche CPO and is pretty highly specced:

PCCB, Sport Chrono, LSD, Sports Seats, Heated Seats, Deviated stitching everywhere (Dash, door trims, centre console centre stack, steering Wheel) Red belts F+R ,White Dials.

Haven't seen the car in person - its interstate - but had a Master look at it - and then arranged for PPI. He foresees no issues - so hopefully be adding it to the collection.

Bought the seller as much as the car - and the way the Master Tech described him as "extremely picky" sealed the deal.

It has taken a little longer than I would have liked (health issues aside) to get back in the fold but hopefully (!) I'm back.

Now what to do with the other cars......

Simon
Old 04-11-2019, 09:14 AM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Boost
Well,

After many a year after selling my beloved 993 GT2 Rep (before they went up in value) - I have just put a deposit on a 997TT.

Getting a PPI done in the next week - but it has Porsche CPO and is pretty highly specced:

PCCB, Sport Chrono, LSD, Sports Seats, Heated Seats, Deviated stitching everywhere (Dash, door trims, centre console centre stack, steering Wheel) Red belts F+R ,White Dials.

Haven't seen the car in person - its interstate - but had a Master look at it - and then arranged for PPI. He foresees no issues - so hopefully be adding it to the collection.

Bought the seller as much as the car - and the way the Master Tech described him as "extremely picky" sealed the deal.

It has taken a little longer than I would have liked (health issues aside) to get back in the fold but hopefully (!) I'm back.

Simon
Pictures? Options list?
Old 04-11-2019, 09:36 AM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 352 Posts

Sounds like it's got a lot of good options. You said a 997.1 under CPO? Didn't realize that was possible with a car that's between 10-12 years old?
Old 04-11-2019, 09:54 AM
USNA12
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by saabin
Sounds like it's got a lot of good options. You said a 997.1 under CPO? Didn't realize that was possible with a car that's between 10-12 years old?
IIRC I read somewhere that Porsche NA has extended the CPO from 8 years to 10-12.

If this is a 09 and less than 30k miles I can only imagine what the price is
Old 04-11-2019, 10:13 AM
SoCal RJ
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good luck. In a similar situation with a PPI about to be ordered on a 997.1 TT. Look forward to seeing the pictures and full build. I have a thread on mine going here.
Old 04-11-2019, 09:11 PM
Full Boost
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Johnny DB
Pictures? Options list?
When i know more and have more I'll post ... Trying to get Flights booked now!

Originally Posted by saabin
I'm in Au - and we have had CPO for up to 10 years until recently - and it has just been extended to 15 on vehicles that have been continuously under warranty and have been serviced at Porsche.

Originally Posted by USNA12
IIRC I read somewhere that Porsche NA has extended the CPO from 8 years to 10-12.

If this is a 09 and less than 30k miles I can only imagine what the price is
Not an '09 (there were so few sold here) but less than 30K miles - its an MY 08 and it has 40K klms (so about 25K miles)

Originally Posted by SoCal RJ
Good luck. In a similar situation with a PPI about to be ordered on a 997.1 TT. Look forward to seeing the pictures and full build. I have a thread on mine going here.
Good luck!!
Old 04-12-2019, 12:31 AM
Full Boost
Rennlist Member

Here is some of the options (i Got a 3 page PDF from the Master Tech)

Rear LSD
Heated Seats
PCCB
Park Assist
Sport Chrono Plus
Adaptive Sport Seats
Sport Shifter
Thicker 3 spoke Steering wheel in leather
Set Belts in Guards Red
Instrument Dials in Silver
Stopwatch Dials in Silver
Bose Sound Package
Windscreen with Grey Top Tint (??)
Extended Leather Interior
Front Seat Covers All Leather
Airbag Module in Leather
DVD Navigation Australia

Some of it came out in German - but when I get the Results of the PPI - it includes all of the pics of the books etc.

Last edited by Full Boost; 04-12-2019 at 12:54 AM.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:54 PM
997TTEQNY
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Sounds like a really nice spec... looking forward to pics

good luck with your PPI
Old 04-14-2019, 12:45 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Looking forward to seeing some pics Simon.
I'd also like to know if the NAV is any good!
Old 04-21-2019, 02:41 AM
Radmd74
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default PPI?

Update? How did the PPI go? Good news? Clean ride?

Originally Posted by Full Boost
Well,

Simon
Old 04-22-2019, 08:06 PM
Full Boost
Rennlist Member

Update:

PPI went OK. The issues raised by the tech:

Negatives:
1 - Front Screen has a star in it - not able to have a roadworthy cert supplied.
2 - Has aftermarket Springs (H+R)
3 - Has a leaky Spoiler ram.
4 - Due for a major Service

Positives:
1 - Tech says "cleanest 997 Turbo he's ever seen - other than a new one"
2 - Super High Spec.
3 - The service is a TIME issue - not a klms travelled issue - it was serviced about 3000 kms ago
4 - Honest upfront seller - who apologised about the issues (inc springs - which he assures me (and I believe him) that he knew nothing about)

We were able to work out a deal that worked for both sides - and I am picking up Friday this week and Driving 1000 kms home.

Will update with pics when I finally see it in person,

Simon
Old 04-25-2019, 12:15 AM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

Sounds like a great car!
Old 04-25-2019, 10:13 AM
lflouie
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts
Default New 997tt

I assume your time based service needs are mostly driveline fluids.....not a big deal and <$1000. Bought a 2007 997tt 12k mi and found that the rear motor mounts needed to be replaced bc they deteriorated over time, did trans mount at the same time. This subtle change was very noticeable in improving shifting and clutch "take-up".....highly recommend on a 12 yr old car....parts $650, easy to do yourself if you do diy.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:24 AM
Full Boost
Rennlist Member

So i am now the proud owner.
The PPI was a hit and a miss from the Official Porsche Centre. Still in the process of a resolution.

Car is Mint. Love the colour. Love the options and LOOOVE the boost. Great to be back in a boosted 911 again, feels like home.

It needs a few things - the tyre roar on the 1000klm trip home was INSANE - Mismatched Pirelli (Corsa R and P Zeros F - WTF??? ) and 2012/13's to ensure i threw them out ASAP.

Pics:

First Fuel stop just around the corner from pick up. Its Low......

Driver Change:

Melbourne to Sydney - not the most exciting drive:

Scenery:

Bugs. Killed = Tick.

Home safe and locked inside:

Total ownership time = 21 Hrs: Must. Fix. Wheels:

New wheels and tyres and a quick stop at the Car Wash with the Manager drooling....
Much better!

Tyre roar + and minor vibration = GONE.
Crap ride from H&Rs still evident although not thoroughly tested as yet, but can't fault the stance.

Loma Forged = LOVE!

At home - the garage shuffle to be started but Black Bonnet badge - already installed.

Safely tucked away and shuffle completed:

EP2 and alignement and fluid flush on list ASAP. A few other niceties to come as well.

So far - in LOOOOVE!

Last edited by Full Boost; 04-29-2019 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-29-2019, 01:00 PM
TTG
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 75 Posts

Looking good! Congratulations.

I really like Guards Red!

Quick Reply: New to me 997.1 TT