2009 Porsche 911 Turbo Manual Price Check

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2019, 10:57 AM
997c2sla
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for all the comments.
you can place cars on hold at carmax.
i have an appointment today so nobody can ****** it from me.
if it is in good condition, i ll buy it.
Old 03-30-2019, 03:16 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Go for it and enjoy it good health!
Old 03-30-2019, 03:32 PM
Nate2046
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by 997c2sla
Thanks for all the comments.
you can place cars on hold at carmax.
i have an appointment today so nobody can ****** it from me.
if it is in good condition, i ll buy it.
I hope the car is in good shape and you pick it up! For comparison, I bought my 09, manual, coupe a year and a half ago for for a couple k less, but with 20k more miles. I knew mine was a good deal, but I’d say yours has the potential to be even better. Good luck!
Old 03-30-2019, 03:38 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,966 Likes on 2,045 Posts

That seems like a too good to be true deal. I would have said $80s at least. But it is Carmax. They price things based not on the enthusiast market, but based on what the book says.
Old 03-30-2019, 03:41 PM
I am the Walrus
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Old 03-30-2019, 07:11 PM
tango131
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

OP, keep us updated. I saw that car come up yesterday, and had it been closer to me, I would have reserved it. It’s a great build. Make sure you buy the 60 mo warranty for a few grand more.

Post pics once you buy it!
Old 03-30-2019, 07:45 PM
Tmistry
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts

My 2c, this is a very good price for the car. Personally, I like the interior. Better than boring standard colors.
Old 03-30-2019, 08:17 PM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

The two 997TT’s I saw 4-5 years ago at Carmax that seemed like “deals” both looked awful in person and I had to work to get my delivery dollars back. I posted extensively about one - had countless cosmetic and mechanic issues and was fortunate enough they had sent it to the dealer for repair, where I secretly PPI’d it (something never allowed by Carmax - they make you buy it and let you return it if there are issues, but what a PITA that could be). When the repair bill topped $10k and they refused to fix anything, I walked.

I certainly hope your experience differs, but my view is unchanged: enthusiasts don’t dump their Porsche’s at Carmax, so some may be okay, but most are bottom of the barrel. For the right buyer who is either very patient or not that particular, it’s potentially a good route - personally, I concluded I’m not patient and I am definitely particular.

Last edited by PorscheStrong; 03-30-2019 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-30-2019, 08:43 PM
I am the Walrus
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheStrong
The two 997TT’s I saw 4-5 years ago at Carmax that were “deals” both looked awful in person and I had to work to get my delivery dollars back. I posted extensively about one - had countless cosmetic and mechanic issues and was fortunate enough they had sent it to the dealer for repair, where I secretly PPI’d it (something never allowed by Carmax - they make you buy it and let you return it if there are issues, but what a PITA that could be). When the repair bill topped $10k and they refused to fix anything, I walked.

I certainly hope your experience differs, but my view is unchanged: enthusiasts don’t dump their Porsche’s at Carmax, so some may be okay, but most are bottom of the barrel. For the right buyer who is either very patient or not that particular, it’s potentially a good route - personally, I concluded I’m not patient and I am definitely particular.
4ocious got a really nice SY 997 turbo s from carmax, u can see it in his avatar above ^
So they have some great deals too
Old 03-30-2019, 09:52 PM
Nate2046
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Tmistry
My 2c, this is a very good price for the car. Personally, I like the interior. Better than boring standard colors.
Agreed, and I bet it’s one of those that looks much better in person than it photographs. Another posters suggestions on removing some of the red accents was really good too. I think a black steering wheel would be a huge improvement.
Old 03-30-2019, 10:14 PM
Tmistry
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate2046
Agreed, and I bet it’s one of those that looks much better in person than it photographs. Another posters suggestions on removing some of the red accents was really good too. I think a black steering wheel would be a huge improvement.
Exactly. It's quite easy and fun to tastefully tone down Porsche's full color interior. Wheel, some dash bits, maybe even some seat modification or seatbelts. If you're feeling risky, treating the seats with darkening oil would deepen the color to a richer shade of red, which would compliment the grey exterior really well. The subtle mods Make the car your own.

Hope it works out for the OP.
Old 03-31-2019, 03:06 AM
Nate Tempest
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate2046
I was going to say the same thing. It's already better than most red interiors that are just red everywhere. Black steering wheel would be an improvement for sure. I rather like the two-tone though; make the car much more interesting than a black interior would!
Old 03-31-2019, 10:27 PM
Mtn Ryan
Cruisin'

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

OP, any update?
Old 04-01-2019, 05:08 PM
USNA12
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Ventilated seats is the only thing I wish my Turbo had. Don't care about PCCB. Surprised this doesn't have LSD though.

Beautiful car, if it checks out $69k is an excellent price for a unique 09 997.1 with such low miles. If I am not mistaken, Carmax has a pretty badass aftermarket warranty for peace of mind. Hopefully the PPI turns out well so you can add some 0's to that mileage
Old 04-01-2019, 07:39 PM
phsingl
Instructor

Received 73 Likes on 49 Posts

Its definitely on its 2nd front lip as the 1st one would have been painted along with the rocker panels and lower valance if I'm reading the build sheet correctly. The 2nd one looks pretty banged up too but as these are pretty much consumables on our cars & if that's the only issue then this is a steal. Paint is *impossible* to assess without seeing the car in person & I know from bitter experience of traveling to see a vehicle that looked great in photos only to see what a tragedy it was in real life.
Carrera Red looks fantastic IMHO especially with the deviating touches that the original owner spec'd it does discolor on gear shift and steering wheels though which I can't see if this one has an issue with or not. Pretty easy fix.

Quick Reply: 2009 Porsche 911 Turbo Manual Price Check