Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

My car has it as well...
Old 03-25-2019, 08:27 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks Johnny
i originally purchased an oem aerokit from design911 for around 4900$ shipped, of course once the deck became NLA that changed. Their kit consists of a 1:1 cloned copy of an oem deck in fiberglass cmpd, oem skirts/ lip/ rear valence (oem aerokit paintable fiberglass components ). I paid around 2900 shipped. You still need to purchase the wire harness, ram edge, seal, rubber bumpers. The deck is pretty spot on, accepts all oem components, etc. I had to drill holes for the two airbox rivers and the bumpers, everything else is ready to go. It needed very little work to look ok, but a lot to look perfect, it’s fiberglass. The oem parts also needed a lot of prep work. It’s pretty much an exact copy, everything bolts up, I’d give it an 8.5/10 only because I had to drill holes. Installation was easy, the rear valence was the hardest by far. The brake and inner light could fit a little tighter, I used a little silicone so it wouldn’t rattle, probably would’ve been fine.
i suspect the deck is the same part as the NR Auto version, theirs is 3k painted, my deck was about 980 plus work, it’s a wash. If you want an oem aerokit this is your best solution but it does need some work, I looked on and off for an oem
deck for 10 years, only a few ever popped up.
i drove it today, totally stable over 100mph (Mexico). I had a chance to compare it side by side with an oem, it was essentially identical.
Hope that helps anybody on the fence.
c

Last edited by TT Surgeon; 03-26-2019 at 12:24 AM.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:47 PM
dz997 tts
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon

Thanks Johnny
i originally purchased an oem aerokit from design911 for around 4900$ shipped, of course once the deck became NLA that changed. Their kit consists of a 1:1 cloned copy of an oem deck in fiberglass cmpd, oem skirts/ lip/ rear valence (oem paintable fiberglass). I paid around 2900 shipped. You still need to purchase the wire harness, ram edge, seal, rubber bumpers. The deck is pretty spot on, accepts all oem components, etc. I had to drill holes for the two airbox rivers and the bumpers, everything else is ready to go. It needed very little work to look ok, but a lot to look perfect, it’s fiberglass. The oem parts also needed a lot of prep work. It’s pretty much an exact copy, everything bolts up, I’d give it an 8.5/10 only because I had to drill holes. Installation was easy, the rear valence was the hardest by far. The brake and inner light could fit a little tighter, I used a little silicone so it wouldn’t rattle, probably would’ve been fine.
i suspect the deck is the same part as the NR Auto version, theirs is 3k painted, my deck was about 980 plus work, it’s a wash. If you want an oem aerokit this is your best solution but it does need some work, I looked on and off for an oem
deck for 10 years, only a few ever popped up.
i drive it today, totally stable over 100mph (Mexico). I had a chance to compare it side by side with an oem, it was essentially identical.
Hope that helps anybody on the fence.
c
chris, looks really nice and just like oem ! was it done recently ? dan
Old 03-25-2019, 10:07 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

A few weeks ago, a winter project. Next year pccbs
Old 03-26-2019, 12:37 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Originally Posted by sfbanchs
just looked at my aero kit wing and yes i have the lip as well

Beauty!
Is it the angle or are you missing the front aero lip?
c

Old 03-26-2019, 01:58 PM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

I actually just switched the front lip to the aero lip

thanka for pointing that out
Old 03-26-2019, 02:41 PM
tguaturbo
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone. I'm next and my wing is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. It's been great to have Chris walk me through everything so I know what to expect and what parts were needed. I also have been on the hunt for the factory deck lid and could have bought one off a wrecked car L.A. Dismantler for around $3500 and would have still had to re-paint etc....And then one came available for about a minute which by that time I was not looking as intently. I'll post pictures when done.

On a side note, the car came to me with the sills already painted. I had the rear valance painted in 2017 when I did the .2 rear bumper conversion. At that same time I bought a front lip Aerokit clone from Amazon for cheap in PU. Had that painted and so far so good on all of them.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:50 AM
tgdesign
Track Day

Originally Posted by tguaturbo
Everyone. I'm next and my wing is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. It's been great to have Chris walk me through everything so I know what to expect and what parts were needed. I also have been on the hunt for the factory deck lid and could have bought one off a wrecked car L.A. Dismantler for around $3500 and would have still had to re-paint etc....And then one came available for about a minute which by that time I was not looking as intently. I'll post pictures when done.

On a side note, the car came to me with the sills already painted. I had the rear valance painted in 2017 when I did the .2 rear bumper conversion. At that same time I bought a front lip Aerokit clone from Amazon for cheap in PU. Had that painted and so far so good on all of them.
If you dont mind me asking where are you getting the aero rear wing from as I want one for my Turbo

Regards

Tim
Old 04-08-2019, 01:06 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Factory aero w design911 aero wing prepped painted installed

The following users liked this post:
snolvr (06-06-2022)
Old 04-11-2019, 04:06 PM
tgdesign
Track Day

The aero kit looks great TT surgeon, you say it is from design 911 ?
Is it a Porsche genuine decklid? what is the fit and quality like as I really want an aero kit for my 997 turbo.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:18 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

The oem aerokit consists of painted skirts, front lip, rear valence and the aerodeck lid. The design 911 kit is all oem except for the deck which is a very good fiberglass copy. 1:1 clone of the original. All these pieces are fg and require finishing. Fit and finish pretty good. You will still need the oem ram edge, harness, seal, bumpers
if you want an oem aero this is probably the best option unless you find a used one. Nrauto and icar also make one, no idea about it
c
c
The following users liked this post:
RennKit-Dave (12-14-2019)
Old 04-13-2019, 12:01 PM
tguaturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by tgdesign
If you dont mind me asking where are you getting the aero rear wing from as I want one for my Turbo

Regards

Tim

Hey Tim, I've had a possible change in plans. Still working on finalizing things but will report back once the dust settles. Thanks, Tom
Old 04-29-2019, 01:55 PM
tgdesign
Track Day

Originally Posted by tguaturbo
Hey Tim, I've had a possible change in plans. Still working on finalizing things but will report back once the dust settles. Thanks, Tom
Hi Tom
I am hoping you're looking to sell the aero rear deck lid and go for something like a GT2 rs or GT3 type ??

Regards

Tim

Quick Reply: Calling all Aerokit wing owners of past or present