Sponsored by:

Looking for a Turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 07:35 PM
Jeff Anderson
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a Turbo S

I tried to post this in marketplace but it wont let me create a thread. I've been eyeing a 997 Turbo S for some time and haven't been able to find the one i really want . This one looks like a really good example and compared to 90% of what is for sale, it's pretty well priced. I'm in the Northeast, so was curious if anyone else from Cali knows this car or the owner, or even considered purchasing? it's been on the market for some time now, so curious if there is a reason for that or if the right buyer just hasn't come along yet.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Old 03-12-2019, 07:42 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,010 Likes on 1,261 Posts

Nice car and price seems about right for the miles.

Not crazy about the two tone interior, but that's just my taste.

You'll love the car I'm sure. I've never regretting buying mine.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:35 PM
soundbehindyou
Burning Brakes

Received 203 Likes on 90 Posts

Looks like a hell of a deal....get a good PPI and run with it....the interior inserts can be changed without breaking the bank....do not see many Turbo S in the 80K range
Old 03-12-2019, 08:47 PM
cyclrder
Pro

Received 205 Likes on 127 Posts

that price seems very fair (but remember it only had a $135K sticker... so a bit of a stripper especially for an S). will probably need the plugs changed (30K per the service interval and can be over $1000)
The interior will become a total pain every time you get into it with blue jeans on..
Old 03-12-2019, 08:50 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Price is fair.

Besides that, i like it.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:54 PM
Jeff Anderson
7th Gear

Thanks for the input guys. As a note, I agree it’s stripped down compared to the other one I was checking out ($178k sticker) but this isn’t $135k. It’s $163k. I don’t find the two-tone bad but I would certainly rather have all black with yellow belts.

Again, I appreciate the input. This car is definitely a little over my budget but I may splurge. It was under warranty until November of 2018 so hopefully I won’t have any major expenses. I just need to ship it up here to PA.

If all goes well, this will be my first Porsche. Had a few BMW ///M cars but this will be a big change. Looking forward to learning from you guys.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:47 AM
SoCal RJ
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Saw it on there before and liked it. Ritzy area and a nice house. So far, so good, but not everything. PPI for sure to confirm of course. A bit above my price range as I am looking too. But, I would be interested if it was in my price range. If you like it, go for it.

P.S. I am from Allentown PA.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:06 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 851 Likes on 434 Posts

If you don't mind the interior (I wouldn't buy it due to that interior but that's just me), definitely get it! We all stretched to get ours, just do it. We'll all be dead in the next 50-80 years, you can't go wrong getting this now. ;o) You will be SO HAPPY you did! OMG, best car ever for the money.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:53 AM
Jeff Anderson
7th Gear

Originally Posted by SoCal RJ
Saw it on there before and liked it. Ritzy area and a nice house. So far, so good, but not everything. PPI for sure to confirm of course. A bit above my price range as I am looking too. But, I would be interested if it was in my price range. If you like it, go for it.

P.S. I am from Allentown PA.

im just down the road. Just moved out of Lehigh county a few months ago but not too far down the road in Fleetwood area.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:18 AM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

Fairly priced, a little below the current market I suspect because of the interior which is a "pass" for me personally. Not a lot of options but it's still a TTS with all that the "S" brings to the table. If it's a must have then by all means go for it but know it may be difficult to resell in the future.

Last edited by 4ocious; 03-23-2019 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:29 AM
Metaphysician
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 91 Posts

Spec sheet, if you didn't already pull it up: https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AD2A9XBS766469/

I noticed the car was not originally spec'd with PCCB, but it has yellow calipers. I can't tell if they are steel rotors or carbon ceramic. So they at least painted the calipers yellow. I agree with the others that the interior is probably a main factor in price, as not a lot of people may like it. Turbo Ss come up for sale somewhat regularly, so if you're not crazy about it, you may want to pass and wait for the next one to pop up. Center locks look cool, but some (most?) people don't like them because you need special tools, have limited aftermarket wheels, and increased maintenance especially if you track it.

Last edited by Metaphysician; 03-13-2019 at 01:21 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:02 PM
cyclrder
Pro

Received 205 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Anderson
Thanks for the input guys. As a note, I agree it’s stripped down compared to the other one I was checking out ($178k sticker) but this isn’t $135k. It’s $163k. I don’t find the two-tone bad but I would certainly rather have all black with yellow belts.

Again, I appreciate the input. This car is definitely a little over my budget but I may splurge. It was under warranty until November of 2018 so hopefully I won’t have any major expenses. I just need to ship it up here to PA.

If all goes well, this will be my first Porsche. Had a few BMW ///M cars but this will be a big change. Looking forward to learning from you guys.
sorry about the misquote on the $135K quote but that is what kept coming up on the VIN searches that I could find.
Painted calipers is sort of a no no in my book....
Old 03-13-2019, 01:14 PM
Skwerl
Drifting

Received 303 Likes on 185 Posts

Weren't PCCBs standard on the Turbo S? In other words, it wouldn't appear on the option sheet?
Old 03-13-2019, 01:20 PM
Metaphysician
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Skwerl
Weren't PCCBs standard on the Turbo S? In other words, it wouldn't appear on the option sheet?
Yes, you're absolutely right. PCCB and centerlock standard; if they are sub'd out they would be on the build sheet. I have been focusing on manual trans Turbos and looking for PCCB or not as an option.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:24 PM
jkfuel
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Price looks fair. Most of the East has been wrecked with horrible weather. I imagine the market will pop up again soon.

Quick Reply: Looking for a Turbo S