Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2 TTS Upgrade Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 01:27 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,262 Posts

I don't see it as "Silly" for someone to have their own thread. I've done. Many have done it. It'll just keep happening on just about every type of Forum out there for every brand. It'll never stop, so I'm simply recommending you / others just embrace it.

Anyway... OP, I hope you get what you're after and that we can help ya.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:19 AM
cyclrder
Pro

Received 205 Likes on 127 Posts

RGP123
Great car!
DSC module first thing
COBB … the standard tune worked quite well for me (but I did have a Pro tune installed and its even better)... my car has a full exhaust (fabspeed ..it's fine but if I was spending my money.. probably look other places for a full exhaust) Check out Sharkwerks website... he has a lot of great info and goodies to buy.
rear swaybar
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S and maybe some hot new wheels 19"
AL Priority Laser detection combined with a Rodenso built in or maybe Uniden R3 or the new R7.
a 1x3/8 piece of black electric tape over the odometer! hahaha .. really, I took it off of mine after a week.....I'm not ever selling this car.
Cocomats.com
www.suncoastparts.com great service and prices on parts...
GT2 lower valences
Interior parts can all be upgraded (please step away from the potty with your Ipad… could easily be an $800 visit!)
Old 02-21-2019, 09:00 AM
rgp123
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fantastic

thank you for the feedback everyone! Some great recommendations! I think a tune for sure and the DSC once I install my wheels in the springtime (I’m in New England and it snowed last night &#128577. From what I’m seeing it seems like the tunes are giving roughly 10-15% whp and torque gains. Is it really that noticeable? This car in SS mode is quite scary already 😅

I would love to add springs and lower but driving around here causes constant rubbing due to poor roads and parking lit lips/curbs. I am actually looking for a front under lip/under spoiler due to scratches currently. Seem to see a variety out there.

I have already purchased carbon carbon fiber components for the interior as the previous owner wasn’t as gentle on the interior as I had hoped. I found a great site for really high quality carbon fiber. Takes some time to deliver and their response rate via email is poor but I have ordered twice and am very happy. www.carbonlution.com

would love to look at some tech art stuff but wow that’s a little pricey! I’m at the point where I’m looking to chip away. 2-3k here and 2-3k there. Am dropping good cash on wheels and tires. Found a beautiful set from a guy only driven 2k miles before he sold his 997.2 and bought an R8.

any luck with radar/laser detectors?
Old 02-21-2019, 09:03 AM
rgp123
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rgp123
thank you for the feedback everyone! Some great recommendations! I think a tune for sure and the DSC once I install my wheels in the springtime (I’m in New England and it snowed last night &#128577. From what I’m seeing it seems like the tunes are giving roughly 10-15% whp and torque gains. Is it really that noticeable? This car in SS mode is quite scary already 😅

I would love to add springs and lower but driving around here causes constant rubbing due to poor roads and parking lit lips/curbs. I am actually looking for a front under lip/under spoiler due to scratches currently. Seem to see a variety out there.

I have already purchased carbon carbon fiber components for the interior as the previous owner wasn’t as gentle on the interior as I had hoped. I found a great site for really high quality carbon fiber. Takes some time to deliver and their response rate via email is poor but I have ordered twice and am very happy. www.carbonlution.com

would love to look at some tech art stuff but wow that’s a little pricey! I’m at the point where I’m looking to chip away. 2-3k here and 2-3k there. Am dropping good cash on wheels and tires. Found a beautiful set from a guy only driven 2k miles before he sold his 997.2 and bought an R8.

any luck with radar/laser detectors?
also, an exhaust would be great - going to do some more research on the sound I want. Some great sounding exhausts out there!
Old 02-21-2019, 10:04 AM
bogey1
Rennlist Member

Received 217 Likes on 109 Posts

Custom tunes with the Cobb, Sam at By Design, and Kevin at UMW are getting closer to a 20% bump in power to the wheels (I posted a before and after dyno chart). TopSpeed did my car here in Atlanta, and I can tell you its night and day. They dialed it in with smooth, linear power delivery all the way to redline. Great throttle response and its pretty quick Good luck with your ride, and by all means post a picture or two! Good luck on your projects.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:12 AM
cyclrder
Pro

Received 205 Likes on 127 Posts

To get the 20% gains with a tune... you need high flow 200 cell cats... and exhaust.

im in Brooklyn... promise you that the DSC will be all you need for the street .. except for the GT2 sway bar...(which I think is important for wider and sticker tires... I have GT2RS wheels and tires on mine..I can now make a hard turn into a side street without any wheel hop from the rear... )
The following users liked this post:
RockyTop (02-01-2022)

Quick Reply: 997.2 TTS Upgrade Suggestions?