Sponsored by:

Christmas of 2013

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 09:11 PM
TeeJayHoward
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hueneme997
a lot of oil? Or just fill er up every now and then until the TT is up and running?
Hopefully just fill 'er up. It's just a puddle the size of a saucer right now, but the oil level's also below the Low line on the dipstick... So I've gotta go get some more once the stores open tomorrow.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:46 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by TeeJayHoward
I thought all of that was on the front of the engine, with the water pump and whatnot. My leak's in the back.

I hadn't thought about the borescope. That's a good idea. Is the Harbor Freight one any good, or should I spring for a big boy toy?
I wouldn't trust the point you're seeing the coolant as being near the source - the layout on the upper side of the engine means that coolant can pool in places and subsequently drip down away from the source of the leak, where you're seeing it isn't necessarily where it's coming from.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:06 AM
o7silverturbo
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Really this engine should be pulled out and the whole thing gone over. Every known issue coolant hose/line should be replaced. This car was clearly not cared for at all.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:17 AM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by o7silverturbo
Really this engine should be pulled out and the whole thing gone over. Every known issue coolant hose/line should be replaced. This car was clearly not cared for at all.
As much as I hate to agree with this, I do agree. That is, if you plan to keep the car long term.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:27 AM
Hueneme997
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by saabin
As much as I hate to agree with this, I do agree. That is, if you plan to keep the car long term.
I have to agree also, TJ has a lift coming and just bought a DD. His car could be all sorted out if he pulls the motor and desks with it head on. The only bummer is pulling the motor without knowing where the knock is coming from unless he decides to go with a rebuild in which case is doesn’t matter.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:27 PM
TeeJayHoward
Instructor

This should help with the engine pull! Unfortunately, my savings account is at the lowest amount it's been since I got my first job so many years ago, so after I pull the engine it'll have to sit for at least a few months before I can buy anything to fix it up. Still, diagnosis is "free"... And fun!

A local guy dropped by who's pretty knowledgable about 911s. He did an hour or so's work trying to track down the source of all of my issues. The ticking/knocking/rattling sound is apparently coming from the top end of the engine. So it'll be getting ripped apart. And the Ford dealer who I was going to trade in my car at apparently had some "fun" on the trade-in test drive.

Yeah. I'm not pleased about that. But, damage done. Rebuild coming anyway. Woo-sah.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:43 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,010 Likes on 1,261 Posts

Whoa!!
Old 04-16-2019, 02:44 PM
Hueneme997
Advanced

This should help with the engine pull! Unfortunately, my savings account is at the lowest amount it's been since I got my first job so many years ago, so after I pull the engine it'll have to sit for at least a few months before I can buy anything to fix it up. Still, diagnosis is "free"... And fun!

A local guy dropped by who's pretty knowledgable about 911s. He did an hour or so's work trying to track down the source of all of my issues. The ticking/knocking/rattling sound is apparently coming from the top end of the engine. So it'll be getting ripped apart. And the Ford dealer who I was going to trade in my car at apparently had some "fun" on the trade-in test drive.

Yeah. I'm not pleased about that. But, damage done. Rebuild coming anyway. Woo-sah.

OK , well to start off I love that low rise lift dude, bad ***!!
where did you get it? How high is the lid in your garage?

I would kill a bitch on the range 1 & 2, seriously!!!
Looks like you got a range 3 & 4? What were you doin? Lol
Old 04-16-2019, 02:48 PM
TeeJayHoward
Instructor

OK , well to start off I love that low rise lift dude, bad ***!!
where did you get it? How are is the lid in your garage?
Dannmar M6 from MaxJaxUSA.com. Unfortunately the garage door opener gets in the way of a "proper" full lift. I think I had 96" to work with IIRC. Besides, it's a 2 car garage and I want to be able to sit two cars side by side, so the ability to move it around is lovely.

I would kill a bitch on the range 1 & 2, seriously!!!
Looks like you got a range 3 & 4? What were you doin? Lol
I have no clue what the Ford guys were doing. But it wasn't nice. Not at all. My choice is to go Disney with it and just let it go, or go the opposite direction with it:

As satisfying as the second option would be, long term Disney's the better solution. After work today I'll be contacting the Ford dealership owner with the Dash cam video. We'll see what they'll do for me.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:12 PM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 352 Posts

^ You have dash cam footage of them hooning in your car? And that matches up with the overrevs?

If so, you need to get something out of that.. Completely unacceptable..
Old 04-16-2019, 03:17 PM
TeeJayHoward
Instructor

Originally Posted by saabin
^ You have dash cam footage of them hooning in your car? And that matches up with the overrevs?

If so, you need to get something out of that.. Completely unacceptable..
Unfortunately, what I have is the guy claiming he's going to hoon in my car, then he discovers the camera, turns it towards himself so I get a great photo of him, and then unplugs it. The actual hooning wasn't caught on camera.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:17 PM
Hueneme997
Advanced

Dannmar M6 from MaxJaxUSA.com. Unfortunately the garage door opener gets in the way of a "proper" full lift. I think I had 96" to work with IIRC. Besides, it's a 2 car garage and I want to be able to sit two cars side by side, so the ability to move it around is lovely.

I have no clue what the Ford guys were doing. But it wasn't nice. Not at all. My choice is to go Disney with it and just let it go, or go the opposite direction with it:

As satisfying as the second option would be, long term Disney's the better solution. After work today I'll be contacting the Ford dealership owner with the Dash cam video. We'll see what they'll do for me.
You Have dash cam video?!!!
Don't hold out on us dude, let’s have it!!!
Old 04-16-2019, 03:21 PM
TeeJayHoward
Instructor

You Have dash cam video?!!!
Don't hold out on us dude, let’s have it!!!
Rather or not it gets released to the public is up to Ford right now. As with the dealership I bought my car from, I have to offer them a chance to make it right. Jumping straight to "outing them" can only lessen my chances of compensation.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:25 PM
Carlos4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 466 Likes on 125 Posts

Sorry to hear...

Last edited by Carlos4S; 07-12-2019 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:31 PM
hexagone
Rennlist Member

Received 614 Likes on 289 Posts

I just don’t know how you keep having the patience to deal with this car, and the people associated with it - from the selling dealer to the ford dealership.

I would be engaged in a scorched earth campaign against anyone and anything that wronged me in regards to the car.

Seriously - cut your losses. It doesn’t help the fact AT ALL that if even the car was made “right” - your absolutely terrible story is fully documented on here and not many people would touch the car with a 300’ pole, unless they were buying it for the rate the dealers have been quoting you.

At a very minimum, I would raise an inferno against the ford dealership and threaten them for the over revs. The car at this point is simply tainted.

Quick Reply: Christmas of 2013