Kayaknfly
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Old 03-04-2019, 12:33 PM
pmaia
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for all the feedbacks.

The car is, again, with the problem - PASM Failure!!

This week I went for some test drive and made some experiences!

What I found out:

1) When I turn on the car if I immediatly put PASM on PASM sport mode, then I will not have problems! Made several experiences with this.
- Start car
- Imediatly PASM sport mode
- Then run 50 Km putting PASM on normal mode and sport mode several times with no problem and no PASM error message

Then I needed to stop for fuel. Forgot to put it PASM on sport mode. After several meters I had PASM failure. I turn off the car, take out the key, close doors..... But even if I tried the procedure 1) I was not able having PASM failure after one or two meter of car movement. Then after several trying several times it works... and if I did with the procedure 1, the will have no more problems (also made these tests several times)

Anyone with some idea about what this is???

I don´t think I will have much help on Porsche center unless I change shocks.. Can be wrong, but don´t think that´s the problem!!!

Thanks in advance!

Old 03-04-2019, 03:35 PM
Brainz
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 98 Posts

What error code (#) are you getting?
What suspension are your running? You appear to have a big drop.
What size tires are you running? Are those 20s?

A Google search seems to suggest this problem is usually:
1) Bad shocks -- Often the Bilstein B16 Damptronic Coilovers
2) Bad shock wires

I'm just a hobbyist, so take this with a grain of salt, but have you confirmed that your steering wheel position is correctly zeroed in the PSM module (not PASM)? Thinking out loud: If the steering wheel calibration were off, the PSM might be confused once you start driving, particularly in non-sport mode -- I'm assuming it allows for more perceived slip in Sport mode. I know that PSM is not the same as PASM, but I believe the two systems are linked. You can check/reset steering adaptations with Durametric or iCarScan x431.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:06 PM
ThunderRolls
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 69 Posts

Got to be some sort of electrical gremlin. Is there another dealer reasonably near by?
Old 03-06-2019, 10:19 PM
jayi836
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Brainz
What error code (#) are you getting?

I'm just a hobbyist, so take this with a grain of salt, but have you confirmed that your steering wheel position is correctly zeroed in the PSM module (not PASM)? Thinking out loud: If the steering wheel calibration were off, the PSM might be confused once you start driving, particularly in non-sport mode -- I'm assuming it allows for more perceived slip in Sport mode. I know that PSM is not the same as PASM, but I believe the two systems are linked. You can check/reset steering adaptations with Durametric or iCarScan x431.
Durametric won't do a steering wheel calibration, just replace my steering wheel and module needed a PIWIS 2 for the calibration car rides super firm until its calibrated. wouldn't hurt to have it re-calibrated, my 997.1TT is forgetful or mind of its own? after coding the Sports Chrono (stopped working) it didn't show up on the display for a couple of days also has the over 75MPH chime on for days until I reset the ECU and cluster.

Last edited by jayi836; 03-07-2019 at 04:47 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 04:40 PM
Brainz
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by jayi836
Durametric wont do a steering wheel calibration, just replace my steering wheel and module needed a PIWIS 2 for the calibration car rides super firm until its calibrated. wouldn't hurt to have it re-calibrated, my 997.1TT is forgetful or mind of its own? after coding the Sports Chrono (stopped workinf) it didn't show up on the display for a couple of days also has the over 75MPH chime on for days until I reset the ECU and cluster.
Interesting -- I've got the iCarScan x431 and was able to do the steering wheel calibration on my '06 Cayenne TT. Admittedly I've not tried it on the 997, but I'd assumed that it did as many of the systems appear to be similar between the cars. I'll give it a test. I'd also assumed that anything iCarScan does Durametric does too -- that may not be the case. I've got both, but iCarScan is easier/faster so I don't use Durametric as much any more.

Quick Reply: 997.1 TT Shock problem