Sponsored by:

997.1 TT Shock problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 06:38 AM
pmaia
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997.1 TT Shock problem

I have 997.1 TT with some techart preparation made in the company 8 years ago.

the car has 70.000 km with all maintenance done on Porsche center, parked in a garage with 20 degrees +/- 2 and 50% Hr +/- 10. Doesn’t do track days and driven with care!!!

some weeks ago had PASM ERROR message.
next exit with the car, PASM ERROR message disappear and TPS went wrong...
then in the last exit PASM WAS OK, TPS WAS OK but The shock went on stiff mode and can not take it from that condition. The light from the button is allways off!!

went to Porsche center and they say it has 3 shocks with problem!!! They don’t give me a solution!

I will not change shocks because I am almost sure it is electronic problem and no shock problem!!

can you please help me with this problem?

Old 01-20-2019, 08:22 PM
pmaia
Intermediate

Up 🤯🤯🤯
Old 01-20-2019, 11:34 PM
Kayaknfly
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Was the dealer able to pull any error codes?
It could be the control module(under the glove box). You could buy another one used(or the TPC DSC module and test it out).
Or it could also be the shocks are bad and need replacing. Hard to go off unless there’s an actual error code or other information.
Old 01-21-2019, 05:33 AM
pmaia
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kayaknfly
Was the dealer able to pull any error codes?
It could be the control module(under the glove box). You could buy another one used(or the TPC DSC module and test it out).
Or it could also be the shocks are bad and need replacing. Hard to go off unless there’s an actual error code or other information.
thank you for your reply!
the dealer knows the error code but can not reset it!

i fount it hard to believe that it has THREE shocks with problems!!! If it was one, ok... but 3 is too much, specially b cause the car is driven with extrem carefulll!

i had already thought about the module!!
If dealer don’t give me a good feedback will test the module from Gt3, but I think my 7Gt3.1 is only 2 axis and 7TT.1 is 3...

dont you you think it has something to do with TPS AND PASM error that had before?
Old 01-21-2019, 06:52 AM
Kayaknfly
Rennlist Member

I know the TT has an accelerometer and the regular 911 doesn’t. Not sure about the gt3. So don’t know if it’d work for you but they are very easy to change out. Check out the DSC website and it should help.
As far as TPS(tire pressure) and PASM failing together that seems very unlikely to be connected unless you’ve had a wiring harness/bundle damaged somewhere. (Rodent or water etc).
Good luck with the search. Hope you don’t need new shocks. They are pricey.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:45 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 879 Likes on 526 Posts

P dealer told me yesterday after service that my shocks are ok. 112K miles. They have seen DD duty mostly, but a few cross country trips and canyon carving out West.

Shocks on my 993 were gone at 70K miles.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:36 AM
jayi836
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Terry Adams
P dealer told me yesterday after service that my shocks are ok. 112K miles. They have seen DD duty mostly, but a few cross country trips and canyon carving out West.

Shocks on my 993 were gone at 70K miles.
Sounds like an electrical gremlin? 2nd swapping the control module or the upgrade (DSC Sport V1 Plug N Play), have you tried resetting the ECU?
Glad to hear about the 112K on factory shocks over 100k,for the most part Posche has reliable suspensions, not sure who they are sourced from. My 2011 Cayenne Turbo has 175,000 on its air suspension.
Had a random seat belt chime for 2 weeks above 76 MPH not sure what caused it but the reset cleared it and free of that annoying ding...ding.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:38 AM
pmaia
Intermediate

Thank you for the replys!

will check today with Porsche dealer. The car is there for more than a week!
will ask them to try change the module!
👍🏻👍🏻
Old 01-30-2019, 11:50 PM
Baby Got Back
AutoX

If you don't get solid proof of the problem, you may want to check the condition of the battery & pull the negative cable off overnight. These cars can be fussy if battery is marginal.

If you still have issues, I think it would be best to try another stock or dsc module.

Too bad techs can't pin point the trouble or codes.

Good luck with that beautiful car. Don't be afraid to drive it a little hard once in a while !
Old 02-04-2019, 06:32 PM
pmaia
Intermediate

Thanks for all answers!

Last week Porsche center made some tests!!

They test (some km´s) another control unit in my car - No problem
Test my control unit in other car - No problem (strange!!!)

Result: they delivery the car without a solid conclusion!!! The error disappear!!!
But when I was leaving with the car, the mechanic said that he think I may have the problem again!! (!!!!)

Came home, without problems... Made several tests and PASM and Sport mode working fine!

On the weekend I went out with the car and after few KM´s, had PASM faillure again!! Turn off the car, turn on and everything was ok!!!
After few KM had the problem again!! then, after turnig it off and on, I put the PASM on hard mode for 20 Km and never had the problem again!!

It really seems some electronic problem.. I found it hard to believe that it can be shock problems...

Don´t know what I should do next!!! Any ideas??
Old 02-04-2019, 06:39 PM
jayi836
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 137 Posts

So you have the PASM controller that came with your car? if so have them swap it and continue driving to rule it out.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:53 PM
Kayaknfly
Rennlist Member

Agree to try the box swap and test for a bit at least.
Also any chance you have an aftermarket stereo or anything that got put into the car?
I ask because when installing they remove the switch controller box for sport, PASM, etc below the PCM.
It’s possible someone damaged those wires or not plugged in well, and if that connector isn’t connected or damaged wires you’ll also get error codes.
Sounds like it’s a definite electical problem. A loose connection or damaged wires or grounding out somewhere. Could be a bad connection to one of the shocks also(or damaged wire).
Old 02-04-2019, 07:23 PM
pmaia
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jayi836
So you have the PASM controller that came with your car? if so have them swap it and continue driving to rule it out.
no, I have mine!!
it was me who asked for that test!!
they will not do that again, I am pretty sure...
Old 02-04-2019, 07:25 PM
pmaia
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kayaknfly
Agree to try the box swap and test for a bit at least.
Also any chance you have an aftermarket stereo or anything that got put into the car?
I ask because when installing they remove the switch controller box for sport, PASM, etc below the PCM.
It’s possible someone damaged those wires or not plugged in well, and if that connector isn’t connected or damaged wires you’ll also get error codes.
Sounds like it’s a definite electical problem. A loose connection or damaged wires or grounding out somewhere. Could be a bad connection to one of the shocks also(or damaged wire).
no.. no eléctric changes...

do do you think it will work with Gt3 unit?? My 997 Gt3 is MK1, only 2 accelerometers
Old 02-04-2019, 07:44 PM
Kayaknfly
Rennlist Member

Well.... looks like it’s a different part number. Have a friend nearby that can swap?

Quick Reply: 997.1 TT Shock problem