Sponsored by:

997.1 Side scoop/vent removal

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 06:42 PM
ABNGTI
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question 997.1 Side scoop/vent removal

Tried search, does anyone have info on how to remove the side scoop? If it pops out, are there any tricks to it? which side of the scoop do you start from?

TIA
Old 01-13-2019, 10:59 PM
911.Forever
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ABNGTI
Tried search, does anyone have info on how to remove the side scoop? If it pops out, are there any tricks to it? which side of the scoop do you start from?

TIA
Remove the OEM air ducts from the retainer clips by reaching into the duct and grabbing the backside of the vent and pulling evenly towards the front of the vehicle to free the air duct. Same procedure for both driver & passenger sides of the vehicle.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:06 PM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 101 Posts

Okay so don't pry with trim removal tools?
Old 01-14-2019, 02:18 PM
ABNGTI
AutoX

Originally Posted by Johnny DB
Okay so don't pry with trim removal tools?
I was able to remove the scoop, I started at the top towards the front of the car and created a gap to get the trim tool into, then ran the trim tool down the lead edge of the piece. I’ll post pics of the tabs and fasteners when I get home.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:16 AM
ABNGTI
AutoX

I was able to remove the scoop, I started at the top towards the front of the car and created a gap to get the trim tool into, then ran the trim tool down the lead edge of the piece. I’ll post pics of the tabs and fasteners when I get home.

This is a photo of the driver’s side scoop, there are three points that pop straight out along the lead edge (right side of photo) and another one on top and bottom that pop straight out (away from the body), finally on the trailing edge there are two points that slide in and to the rear of the car, these are the attachments that are undone by moving the scoop towards the front of the car.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:30 PM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 101 Posts

This is a photo of the driver’s side scoop, there are three points that pop straight out along the lead edge (right side of photo) and another one on top and bottom that pop straight out (away from the body), finally on the trailing edge there are two points that slide in and to the rear of the car, these are the attachments that are undone by moving the scoop towards the front of the car.
Do you have a pic of the car when removed?
Old 01-15-2019, 05:03 PM
soundbehindyou
Burning Brakes

Received 203 Likes on 90 Posts

Are you going to replace with carbon fiber? If so, would love a photo or two
Old 01-15-2019, 07:58 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

You are extremely lucky you didn’t break any of the tabs, especially the one on the top! The process is to begin at the bottom or top and work the sides close to the door. Then pull out towards the door. This is per the workshop manual 665629. To facilitate the installation, use dishwasher soap mixed with water and spray the taps and insertion points. It will snap in place and nothing will break. Soap will dry in a few days.
Old 01-16-2019, 01:41 AM
808c2s
Burning Brakes

Received 460 Likes on 188 Posts

Do a search on the other forum and you will be able to see where to start the prying process, as well as, the attachment points. Quite detailed.

Quick Reply: 997.1 Side scoop/vent removal