Sponsored by:

DSC Controller SALE Expires Monday 11-26

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 11:46 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

I use my 2008TT as a daily driver.
It has H&R lowering springs and wheel spacers. (all for show)

The ride is actually very nice for a lowering spring car on the street. Much better then using my monoball 997RS around town.

Sport mode on the 997TT sucks on the street. I could only see it being used on the track when pushing hard. But I do not track the car. Very rarely will i select sport mode even on the most twisty of roads.

For me, the DSC would have to make the car even better on the street which might be hard given that i have lowering springs which are like cheating and limit your shock potential.

The concept is interesting however.

Would it work with Damptronics i wonder?
Old 11-25-2018, 12:27 PM
Kayaknfly
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

They sale a DDA shock system on their website but I couldn’t see specifically if it works with their box or not.
Old 11-25-2018, 01:19 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

Yes, that's my impression too. The car is very planted with the Eibachs and the aggressive alignment I have. Plus my Bridgestone N1's also negatively (IMO) contribute to the ride quality too so Perhaps PS4's would make a difference. That's my next upgrade.
Old 11-25-2018, 05:52 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

I do have the PS4's on my Spyder center lock wheels. Car feels nice but bouncy with the Eibachs.
Old 11-25-2018, 06:21 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,010 Likes on 1,261 Posts

For those considering it. I made this short (yet crude) install vid on how easy / short it was to swap. Hope it helps.

I for one, like a member above said, love it as a mod on the roads here in ATL. It the mountains, I love it as well. Yes, it was pricey but I still think it was worth it.

Stock ride height for me though. I'm not a fan of the lowered look / ride for a street car. For track, yes.

Originally Posted by atcbi5
I am not convinced yet. Have not tested one on my car. Have asked people who have it to let me test it. They don’t, so seems like something is being hidden. Passing until I am convinced real world not “it works great”. Ain’t falling for that.
I'd love to let you try mine but wouldn't want to lose it for any length of time, as I can drive my car year round down here. Take someone up on it that can pull it over the winter and give it a try.

Originally Posted by bogey1
I have the TechArt lowering springs and the DSC. For me, with the poor quality of roads here in Atlanta, the DSC is worth it, even without a huge performance increase. That being said, when I have hit the North Georgia mountain roads, I have been very impressed with the progressively firm feeling the DSC gives my car the harder I push it. The DSC certainly improves the rebound rates when transitioning weight between turns.

Agreed brother!!! We need to go drive the hills soon!!
Old 11-26-2018, 02:45 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 911 Likes on 512 Posts

For those with lowering springs experiencing "bouncing", it is oscillation after a bump. To reduce or eliminate the oscillation more damping force is need from the shocks. The standard DSC mapping is effective in changing the frequency of the oscillations to improve comfort by adding damping force when it detects vertical force moments. If more damping force is desired for oscillation events the DSC is fully tune-able by the user to his/her personal preference via DSC software. And we provide support for the custom tuning. Basically DSC turns your stock electronic shocks to fully adjustable shocks and reactive to different driving conditions.
Old 11-26-2018, 03:51 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tom-TPC Racing
For those with lowering springs experiencing "bouncing", it is oscillation after a bump. To reduce or eliminate the oscillation more damping force is need from the shocks. The standard DSC mapping is effective in changing the frequency of the oscillations to improve comfort by adding damping force when it detects vertical force moments. If more damping force is desired for oscillation events the DSC is fully tune-able by the user to his/her personal preference via DSC software. And we provide support for the custom tuning. Basically DSC turns your stock electronic shocks to fully adjustable shocks and reactive to different driving conditions.
I am a suspension geek for cars and motorbikes so I totally dig this sort of thing. Please allow me to elaborate on how to make these changes using DSC software. There's a number of ways to do this:

1) You can increase the Sensitivity to g-force changes- this will command more damping force to the shocks with less g-force activity.

2) You can increase the minimum damping percentage- this is more passive way of doing it by having the increased minimum value will prevent the oscillation from happening in the first place.

3) You can re-shape the damping curve of each shocks(for oscillation is usually just the fronts)- making the damping curve more progressive say from 1% to 40% to calm the oscillation, then keeping the damping curve from 40% on up to linear.
4) You can re-scale the damping curve of each shock(for oscillation is usually just the fronts)- starting the damping scale stiffer, which is almost the same as method #1 but will globally offset the upper load range as well.

All the of the above methods are effective in changing the frequency of the bounce. DSC is a very powerful tool. Few more hours to the sale ends
Old 11-26-2018, 06:23 PM
Kayaknfly
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Wow! Thanks for the information. Sounds like you can really customize it. I’ll bet 98% leave it as it’s set when new.
Ordered mine but won’t get to try it out till the roads thaw out and rain washes away the salt.
Old 11-26-2018, 06:23 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
Would it work with Damptronics i wonder?
Yes, DSC works with Damptronic B4, B6, B8, and B16. The control range of the internal valve is same as PASM shocks which is also made by Bilstein.
Old 11-26-2018, 06:33 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kayaknfly
Wow! Thanks for the information. Sounds like you can really customize it. I’ll bet 98% leave it as it’s set when new.
Ordered mine but won’t get to try it out till the roads thaw out and rain washes away the salt.
Thanks! Yes, DSC users can fully customize their mapping to their preference and to better integrate other suspension mods by making adjustment(s) to our standard file. Or DSC users can flash one of many complete file that I have created based on specific feedback. I am working with our web admin to have more maps posted on the DSC website. You are correct that around 90% of DSC users enjoy the product as is with the standard file. Thanks again!
Old 11-26-2018, 07:00 PM
tinman831
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Placed my order yesterday. It's supposed to get here by this Thursday! Some great service thus far.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:32 PM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 267 Posts

I have it with my B8s and GMG springs.

works very well.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:58 AM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom-TPC Racing
Thanks! Yes, DSC users can fully customize their mapping to their preference and to better integrate other suspension mods by making adjustment(s) to our standard file. Or DSC users can flash one of many complete file that I have created based on specific feedback. I am working with our web admin to have more maps posted on the DSC website. You are correct that around 90% of DSC users enjoy the product as is with the standard file. Thanks again!
Any software updates recently?

What would I change if I simply want sport mode overall stiffer and less body roll on turns?
Old 11-27-2018, 09:25 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Nag dammit, I missed it! What will I do now?
Old 11-27-2018, 11:59 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Johnny DB
Any software updates recently?

What would I change if I simply want sport mode overall stiffer and less body roll on turns?
By software, do you mean the calibration file? If the calibration file(aka mapping) is what you are referring to I have a lot of files with different damping characteristics that I have made for customer over the years. Actually, too many to put up on a web page for one model of car, so I am trying to streamline the files and work with our web admin. For now, send me an email to request stiffer sport mode and I'll reply with the file in the attachment. My email is: tchan@tpcracing.com

If you are referring to firmware, any firmware with 2-mode (Normal and Sport mode) will have the latest damping performance specs.

Quick Reply: DSC Controller SALE Expires Monday 11-26