997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

aero kit wing installed

Old 11-27-2018, 05:34 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 583 Likes on 326 Posts

Looks super sharp...just curious was that the white 4S decklid/wing that I saw TOO late? If so did the airbox snorkels and fan all line up? Also what did you do about the wiring harness to correct the Turbo wing fault? GT2 wiring harness?
Old 11-27-2018, 06:29 PM
dz997 tts
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by usrodeo4
Looks super sharp...just curious was that the white 4S decklid/wing that I saw TOO late? If so did the airbox snorkels and fan all line up? Also what did you do about the wiring harness to correct the Turbo wing fault? GT2 wiring harness?
pm sent (let me know it went through =)
Old 11-27-2018, 06:45 PM
Skwerl
Drifting

Received 303 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by dz997 tts
pm sent (let me know it went through =)
If it's not too intrusive, I think the answers to his questions about fitment and wiring could be pretty valuable for the community.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:47 PM
dz997 tts
Racer

Originally Posted by Skwerl
If it's not too intrusive, I think the answers to his questions about fitment and wiring could be pretty valuable for the community.
skwerl, happy to share details. as my wing is factory OEM there were no problems with fitment .the aerokit is all one piece - deck lid (fiberglass ) with wing molded on just like the moveable wing i replaced. the top part of aerokit wing actually is attached to the base by machine screws, so painting involves disassembly. the air ducts (inside the lid are common to both as is the fan. i used the wiring harness that came with the new wing. otherwise you have replace the harness . the part #on my aero wing 997.622.670.10 "cable loom ". this harness does not have connector for the moveable wing. the hinges , struts (lift cylinders ) all are common to both. my dealer parts was nice enough to print me a 13 page "INSTALLATION AND MODIFICATION INSTRUCTION " for AEROKIT (I-no. XAF ) 911 (997) 11/07 enu 6658 has pictures, part #'s , directions etc. for the wing as well as front spoiler and side skirts. finally computer will have to be coded for "fixed spoiler ", i have not had this done yet. all in all very easy install just difficult finding the wing/ lid. i would guess that non factory wing might present more problems. dan
Old 01-21-2019, 11:16 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Duplicate
Old 01-21-2019, 11:33 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

thanks, actually aero front lip was standard with the car in 2013. i know it's recommended with the wing.
actually the aerokit front lip is only included with a factory aerokit, your car as pictured has the factory painted non aero lip. Porsche considers them a matched pair and would never install one without the other. The aero lip is still avail from porsche, around $1000, it’s polyurethane and flexes, requires a special paint as well to allow flex otherwise paint will flake.
car looks great
c
Old 01-22-2019, 06:53 PM
dz997 tts
Racer

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon

actually the aerokit front lip is only included with a factory aerokit, your car as pictured has the factory painted non aero lip. Porsche considers them a matched pair and would never install one without the other. The aero lip is still avail from porsche, around $1000, it’s polyurethane and flexes, requires a special paint as well to allow flex otherwise paint will flake.
car looks great
c
tt surgeon, thanks for the info. on the front lip. funny i thought since i had the painted lip it was the aero version. here are a few pictures - it looks like the aero lip has more of a "shelf " whereas mine is flatter . is this correct ? would my dealer be the best source or are there others ? thanks dan

Old 01-22-2019, 10:07 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Correct, yours is the painted standard lip.
Suncoast is a good source.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:02 PM
dz997 tts
Racer

Wink

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Correct, yours is the painted standard lip.
Suncoast is a good source.
thanks, looking forward spend $$$ , then paint , then scrape it all up !
Old 01-23-2019, 10:30 AM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

thanks, looking forward spend $$$ , then paint , then scrape it all up !
Thanks for the earlier info on painting my "turbo S" emblems. I also had the front headlight washer sprayers painted flat back to match the trim. Both look great and add a lot to my TTS's finished look. I also replaced my OEM tips with Fabspeed black chrome exhaust tips (just a suggestion) which round-out the speed yellow and black look. And, Virginia has yellow "Don't Tread on Me" plates with a coiled rattlesnake in the middle so I changed to those too. I think the message is perfect for my TTS. IMO my TTS now has an awesome unique look. No doubt it's one of a kind.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:45 PM
dz997 tts
Racer

Originally Posted by 4ocious
Thanks for the earlier info on painting my "turbo S" emblems. I also had the front headlight washer sprayers painted flat back to match the trim. Both look great and add a lot to my TTS's finished look. I also replaced my OEM tips with Fabspeed black chrome exhaust tips (just a suggestion) which round-out the speed yellow and black look. And, Virginia has yellow "Don't Tread on Me" plates with a coiled rattlesnake in the middle so I changed to those too. I think the message is perfect for my TTS. IMO my TTS now has an awesome unique look. No doubt it's one of a kind.
glad you are happy with the "blackout package ". with your black wheels it all comes together. a few weeks ago i painted my exhaust tips black -eliminating the last bit of chrome on my car.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:51 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 583 Likes on 326 Posts

I'm just a little bit envious...okay, I am really jealous...haha. Looks spot on, I love the factory Aerokit look. I have mine done with the front spoiler, side sills and rear valances all in GR but am still considering my rear AK options.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: aero kit wing installed