Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

good hips

Old 11-17-2018, 11:22 AM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 191 Posts
Default good hips

not what you might be expecting...I'm 55 and got a new hip four weeks ago. All the difference in the world. The motion of getting into and out of my car has been liberated. Many more years of enjoyment to come, please God. Good hips are important in so many ways
Old 11-17-2018, 03:49 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 583 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by Domer911
not what you might be expecting...I'm 55 and got a new hip four weeks ago. All the difference in the world. The motion of getting into and out of my car has been liberated. Many more years of enjoyment to come, please God. Good hips are important in so many ways
haha...yeah I was expecting some new GT2 CF Turbo inlets on her "hips". Congrats on your new hip and great news that only 4 weeks later you are good to go. I had what appeared to be systemic pain in my left hip from about age 50 on and the only thing I found was that if I really spent time in the gym and kept up with my weight lifting regimen and got my squats up to 265 lbs (I only weigh 160 lbs.) my pain would become entirely manageable but if I didn't stay on top of it the pain would be back in spades. As I got older it became more problematic (Read work and life got in the way) to keep up with the weight lifting and I had pretty much resigned myself to needing surgery. But after I retired at 59 as an Engineer I took a hobby job at Walt Disney World in security and walked my *** off for two years and lo and behold my hip issue went away...to say I was stunned is an understatement but obviously ecstatic over the outcome. Again congratulations on your quick recovery...you definitely need good hips getting in and out of these cars..haha. Just out of curiosity what type of rehab regimen do they have you on? Once you are cleared for "heavy" work I would suggest Squats (both back and front), Bulgarian dead lifts and Bulgarian one legged split squats. p.s. If you start doing my recommended exercises you will need a good solid all body regimen including lots of core work to keep your body balanced and your musculo/skeletal system capable of supporting the heavy lower body lifting routine I recommended for your hip...good luck and sweet P TT cab...I wish mine had the PCCB.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:18 PM
ECB
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

My father in law had both of his replaced. Congrats, but no pics please.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:45 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by usrodeo4
...Just out of curiosity what type of rehab regimen do they have you on?
I had a followup at exactly the 3-wk mark and was released to do whatever my body would tolerate. I invested in my surgeon and his processes, and the experience didn't disappoint. I feel fortunate to be living in these times... I'll continue to build strength over the next 6 months.
Old 11-17-2018, 06:19 PM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 168 Posts

Yes good hips are important,....for women too.
Old 11-17-2018, 06:29 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 583 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by Domer911
I had a followup at exactly the 3-wk mark and was released to do whatever my body would tolerate. I invested in my surgeon and his processes, and the experience didn't disappoint. I feel fortunate to be living in these times... I'll continue to build strength over the next 6 months.
Sounds like a solid plan...Here's a good youtube video that outlines the exercises I mentioned; Just start light and work on form and then go from there, these exercises will make a BIG difference and fast. If you have never done squats or deadlifts before I would recommend some professional instruction to insure your form is spot on.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: good hips