Sponsored by:

Question about Lower Rocker Panels Between the Wheelwells

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 02:41 PM
MachZ990
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Lower Rocker Panels Between the Wheelwells

The bottom area of the rocker panels especially behind the door in front of rear wheel well have taken some stone hits from driving. They appear to have a film or coating. The lower piece looks removable. Has anyone done any freshening up of this area? Is it a replaceable film or does it need a new panel? Nothing is deep, just peppered up a bit.
Old 10-25-2018, 02:45 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 109 Posts

I've removed the rocker panel in the past and painted it satin black to make it look a little tidier, but it quickly became rough again. I don't have any paint protection film installed there, only the standard piece on the rear wheel arch.
Old 10-25-2018, 05:55 PM
997.1TT
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just replaced both of mine on each side, They are like $200 range from Porsche. New ones look great after a simple fix.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:11 PM
MachZ990
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 997.1TT
I just replaced both of mine on each side, They are like $200 range from Porsche. New ones look great after a simple fix.
Mine are black and painted to match car. I believe that was an option. Were your new panels painted or just a basic black?
Old 10-26-2018, 09:55 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 583 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by MachZ990
The bottom area of the rocker panels especially behind the door in front of rear wheel well have taken some stone hits from driving. They appear to have a film or coating. The lower piece looks removable. Has anyone done any freshening up of this area? Is it a replaceable film or does it need a new panel? Nothing is deep, just peppered up a bit.
I had my factory PPF removed and a more comprehensive 3M Pro series PPF installed all the way down to the black urethane side sills (along with a complete front end PPF job) I am now having my side sills updated with factory paintable lower body sills to match my car color and don't plan to drive her until the paint cures and I will then have all the new parts PPF'd. Doing the same for the new paintable rear valance and my new paintable factory front aerokit spoiler/lip. When my new PPF is going on I am also going to do the read end and the area behind the rear fenders to protect from road grime/tar.

Old 10-27-2018, 05:13 AM
MachZ990
Intermediate

Originally Posted by usrodeo4
I had my factory PPF removed and a more comprehensive 3M Pro series PPF installed all the way down to the black urethane side sills (along with a complete front end PPF job) I am now having my side sills updated with factory paintable lower body sills to match my car color and don't plan to drive her until the paint cures and I will then have all the new parts PPF'd. Doing the same for the new paintable rear valance and my new paintable factory front aerokit spoiler/lip. When my new PPF is going on I am also going to do the read end and the area behind the rear fenders to protect from road grime/tar.

So is the factory PPF on the lower side sills between the two wheelwells an adhesive backed film that can be peeled off?

Quick Reply: Question about Lower Rocker Panels Between the Wheelwells