Sponsored by:

997.2 Dyno Tie-Down

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 12:24 AM
MachZ990
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997.2 Dyno Tie-Down

Took my 997.2 TTS to a respected Porsche racing facility to get a baseline dyno run. Ended up not doing it because they couldn’t find decent rear tiedown points without removing rear bumper. Anyone with same vehicle have issues getting strapped down for dyno pull?.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:31 AM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 352 Posts

^ When I had my .1 dyno'ed a few years ago, they DID have to remove a few of the under-body panels (can't recall if it was in front or back) in order to strap it down. This was on an AWD Mustang dyno.

Def no bumper removal required. I'm would be pretty sure the .2 would be similar.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:52 AM
MachZ990
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by saabin
^ When I had my .1 dyno'ed a few years ago, they DID have to remove a few of the under-body panels (can't recall if it was in front or back) in order to strap it down. This was on an AWD Mustang dyno.

Def no bumper removal required. I'm would be pretty sure the .2 would be similar.
This was a Mustang AWD dyno also. The guy was knowledgeable and didn’t want to strap down on just anything. He said there was something on the earlier cars they could get to but it was designed differently on my car. I thought I’d put this on the forum to see how others are doing it. He said on all their Cup racing cars they dyno them before they put on the rear bumper.

Quick Reply: 997.2 Dyno Tie-Down