Sponsored by:

Milltek cats on a 997.2TT ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 10:45 AM
General Jack
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Milltek cats on a 997.2TT ?

Does anyone have experience with Milltek catalytic converters on a 997.2tt? I bought their sport exhaust catback a year or so ago and its been good, now I'm thinking about bumping power and I'll need hi-flow cats. I like the idea of keeping my exhaust components consistent to one manufacturer but I don't know much about he quality and performance of Milltek cats. Anyone have experiences they can share?

Old 10-06-2018, 09:40 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

I can't really answer your question, but I've had a Milltek exhaust, which came with cats, for many years. Cats are 200 cell, and I am pretty sure they are German HJC brand. Have you checked with Milltek to see what brand they use? Never had a single problem with this system.
Old 10-07-2018, 12:20 PM
General Jack
Instructor

Originally Posted by jcnesq
I can't really answer your question, but I've had a Milltek exhaust, which came with cats, for many years. Cats are 200 cell, and I am pretty sure they are German HJC brand. Have you checked with Milltek to see what brand they use? Never had a single problem with this system.
Thanks. Are you running stock tune or upgraded power?

Yes, I have an inquiry into Milltek.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:42 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by General Jack

Thanks. Are you running stock tune or upgraded power?

Yes, I have an inquiry into Milltek.
Have had an FVD tune for a few years now.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:04 PM
Southpaw
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If Milltek uses HJS cats (which most quality aftermarket exhausts do), then the performance of Milltek cat pipes will be no different from the others.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:27 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 583 Likes on 326 Posts

Does anyone have experience with Milltek catalytic converters on a 997.2tt? I bought their sport exhaust catback a year or so ago and its been good, now I'm thinking about bumping power and I'll need hi-flow cats. I like the idea of keeping my exhaust components consistent to one manufacturer but I don't know much about he quality and performance of Milltek cats. Anyone have experiences they can share?
Milltek are good quality cats...but to save heat in the engine bay and to remove fluid mechanic flow obstacles on a boosted engine I highly recommend running a De-catted exhaust. I know it is not an option in some localities but if it is an option where you live I would definitely go catless. Fyi, I am in the process of building a 700 WHP 997.1 TT and my exhaust will include Kline SS headers and Kline catless Inconel exhaust.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:39 PM
General Jack
Instructor

Thanks for the responses.

Since my initial post I received word from Milltek that they no longer produce cats for the 997.2tt, so now I need to find some other options / manufacturers that will mate easily with my Milltek exhaust. I would think that most would fit but I would prefer to be certain before dropping a couple/few thousands dollars.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:26 PM
Southpaw
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the responses.

Since my initial post I received word from Milltek that they no longer produce cats for the 997.2tt, so now I need to find some other options / manufacturers that will mate easily with my Milltek exhaust. I would think that most would fit but I would prefer to be certain before dropping a couple/few thousands dollars.
Contact John at Speedtech... He can make cat pipes for just about any exhaust and he uses HJS cats. You can also choose between 100 and 200 CEL. You'll save over the big brands too which essentially use the same cats anyways. His email is:
info@speedtechtechexhausts.com
Old 10-18-2018, 12:10 AM
etchhead
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I think the 991 cats are same so that should add more options.

Quick Reply: Milltek cats on a 997.2TT ?