Sponsored by:

BBi Slave review

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 04:35 PM
Alapor
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
if you dont flush ALL of the petosin from the clutch reservoir , the master cylinder, and all the line from front to rear your bbi unit will fail in weeks. petosin runs thru the entire system and must be flushed or it will eat the seals in the bbi unit. simply rerouting the fluid from the p/s unit wont work long term

Yep, put in the new master today, flushed system one more time and then put in DOT.

Other than being a little stiff, it is an absolute joy to drive vs the stock set up. GT3 spring will be in tomorrow. If that takes 10%-20% of the stiffness out, it is perfect.
Old 09-24-2018, 06:27 PM
32krazy!
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Alapor
Yep, put in the new master today, flushed system one more time and then put in DOT.

Other than being a little stiff, it is an absolute joy to drive vs the stock set up. GT3 spring will be in tomorrow. If that takes 10%-20% of the stiffness out, it is perfect.
When I had the gt2 setup I didn't use a spring at all. Cruise would kick out so I installed a baby spring just to keep the pedal against the cruise switch
Old 09-24-2018, 06:30 PM
Alapor
Instructor

When I had the gt2 setup I didn't use a spring at all. Cruise would kick out so I installed a baby spring just to keep the pedal against the cruise switch
I do not have the GT2 setup, I went with the BBi setup.
Old 09-24-2018, 06:51 PM
32krazy!
Drifting

I do not have the GT2 setup, I went with the BBi setup.
Doesn't matter the slave I'm talking about the clutch pedal spring assist
Old 09-24-2018, 07:34 PM
Alapor
Instructor

Doesn't matter the slave I'm talking about the clutch pedal spring assist
I am curious how much stiffness you get out of each setup. For example, is the GT2 and EVOM kit as stiff as the BBi slave. I mean mine is STIFF, real stiff. I am a 49 year old guy in good shape so I can handle it, but my wife would never be able to drive it. I bet it is not twice as stiff as stock, but three times. Luckily, there are options. I am trying to GT3 spring as the guy who did the BBi did one and really liked it, but there are other options too, like springs from Lowes. If that does not work, I will try another one till I get it dialed.

The GT2 setup is not like the BBi, so I have no idea how stiff yours is compared to mine. I would like to take about 10%-20% out of it and it will be perfect for me. Might not for others, but that is what I love about Porsche's, you can make them how you want them.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:25 PM
TypeRx
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

BBi markets their kit as being slightly less stiff than the GT2 slave conversion but I recall folks that have tried both saying they are essentially the same...a lot stiffer than stock.

The GT3 spring makes a big difference.
Old 09-25-2018, 04:58 PM
Alapor
Instructor

My spring is here! Got the dash apart, just trying to get the bolt out where the C clip is. Got it 3/4 out, but having trouble with the last little bit.
Old 09-25-2018, 05:03 PM
32krazy!
Drifting

I am curious how much stiffness you get out of each setup. For example, is the GT2 and EVOM kit as stiff as the BBi slave. I mean mine is STIFF, real stiff. I am a 49 year old guy in good shape so I can handle it, but my wife would never be able to drive it. I bet it is not twice as stiff as stock, but three times. Luckily, there are options. I am trying to GT3 spring as the guy who did the BBi did one and really liked it, but there are other options too, like springs from Lowes. If that does not work, I will try another one till I get it dialed.

The GT2 setup is not like the BBi, so I have no idea how stiff yours is compared to mine. I would like to take about 10%-20% out of it and it will be perfect for me. Might not for others, but that is what I love about Porsche's, you can make them how you want them.
i drive a big rig with 1800 ft/lbs torque so theres not a clutch made for porsche i think is stiff. lol i run a triple disck metallic tilton clutch with a 1200 ft/lb pressure plate
Old 09-25-2018, 05:23 PM
TypeRx
Racer

My spring is here! Got the dash apart, just trying to get the bolt out where the C clip is. Got it 3/4 out, but having trouble with the last little bit.
Push on the clutch pedal a bit...I was able to push the rod out very easily. Or, get something in there to tap it out. Getting it back in can be difficult if you don't get the clutch pedal pushed down just right. Also consider applying a very thin layer of grease on the rod before reinserting
Old 09-25-2018, 05:25 PM
Alapor
Instructor

Got it out. Now getting thee new one in is not going too well. Can't seem to get the rotating assembly in. And missing some skin on my arm.....
Old 09-25-2018, 05:44 PM
Alapor
Instructor

Got is seated, now just need to get pin in. Waiting on wife to get home to push clutch.
Old 09-25-2018, 06:47 PM
Alapor
Instructor

Ok, not sure what is going on. Got it in, but when you fully depress, it comes of the posts where it is seated. Also, the pin in the rod that comes out of the back of the housing is loose when it is in and is coming out. What am I doing wrong?
Old 09-25-2018, 06:50 PM
Alapor
Instructor

Should the rod on the back of the housing that goes through the shaft have to be removed when fully seated?
Old 09-25-2018, 06:57 PM
Alapor
Instructor

Figured it out. Rod in the shaft is just for holding the assembly together during shipping and when installing. You remove is when installed. I think it took about 15% of the stiffness out. Need to drive it, hard to tell sitting my my garage. Going to button her up and take her for a spin.
Old 09-25-2018, 07:14 PM
TypeRx
Racer

Figured it out. Rod in the shaft is just for holding the assembly together during shipping and when installing. You remove is when installed. I think it took about 15% of the stiffness out. Need to drive it, hard to tell sitting my my garage. Going to button her up and take her for a spin.
Yup, that rod just holds things together. If the housing comes apart it is a hassle to put things back together.

15% additional removal of stiffness seems okay...in my impression vs. no spring it was like a 50% reduction. Maybe compared to the TT spring it is a 25% difference. Anyways, hope you like it.

Quick Reply: BBi Slave review