Sponsored by:

Over rev report with icarscan?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 05:27 PM
Kayaknfly
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Over rev report with icarscan?

Anyone been able to pull the dme rev report/time counter etc with the icarscan? Played with mine today and couldn’t find where to get that info if possible.
Old 08-31-2018, 06:37 PM
Cosmo Kramer
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 71 Posts

I think that info is only available with PIWIS or Durametric.
Old 09-01-2018, 02:07 AM
Kayaknfly
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cosmo Kramer
I think that info is only available with PIWIS or Durametric.
dang. I thought I’d read on one of the threads that someone pulled it with the icarscan. Can’t find it now and search function isn’t finding anything either.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:53 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The foxwell nt510 unit will read over revs, pretty amazing for 100$.
Old 09-02-2018, 12:44 AM
Kayaknfly
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
The foxwell nt510 unit will read over revs, pretty amazing for 100$.
Well I’d looked at buying that one or the icarscan....thought the icarscan did more. Alas I picked wrong.
How do you like that unit? Is it car specific or does a bunch of cars/makes etc?
Old 09-02-2018, 05:04 AM
996pp
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the nt510 and was able to pull over rev data. Its porsche specific model. $150 on ebay.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:11 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,463 Posts

anyone try the Foxwell NT520? They claim it's the new and improved NT510, only $10 more on ebay.,,

Old 09-06-2018, 11:03 PM
atm4jim
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

[QUOTE=pfbz;15261770]anyone try the Foxwell NT520? They claim it's the new and improved NT510, only $10 more on ebay.,,

Just received this item today from the same seller and so far, I'm impressed. I'm able to read the DME over revs info, activate the ABS pump, get into custom customer programming options like changing side markers to flashers, etc. I'm not able to test the Oil Maintenance light as mine is currently off (recently reset with iCarsoft) and when I tried to reset again, I get a function not supported message. I also see an option to reset airbag light but have not tried it (don't plan to as the light is off).

Old 09-07-2018, 01:48 AM
TypeRx
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=atm4jim;15271645]
Originally Posted by pfbz
anyone try the Foxwell NT520? They claim it's the new and improved NT510, only $10 more on ebay.,,

Just received this item today from the same seller and so far, I'm impressed. I'm able to read the DME over revs info, activate the ABS pump, get into custom customer programming options like changing side markers to flashers, etc. I'm not able to test the Oil Maintenance light as mine is currently off (recently reset with iCarsoft) and when I tried to reset again, I get a function not supported message. I also see an option to reset airbag light but have not tried it (don't plan to as the light is off).
What other coding can you do with the Foxwell unit?? Do you think it will be able to disable TPMS, activate the CD changer, etc.?
Old 09-07-2018, 02:19 AM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,463 Posts

I have a durametric already, but I definitely prefer a stand-alone device than having to grab a laptop, boot up the windoze emulator, make sure the drivers connect properly, etc...

I also like that the Foxwell can evidently be loaded with software packages additional brands for I think $70 each? Need an Audi tool as well for the wife's Q5.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:09 PM
atm4jim
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

[QUOTE=TypeRx;15271970]
Originally Posted by atm4jim

What other coding can you do with the Foxwell unit?? Do you think it will be able to disable TPMS, activate the CD changer, etc.?
It seems possible, found the following menu options below that you should be able to set as installed or not. Though I haven't tested it and don't want the risk in trying.

Old 09-07-2018, 03:54 PM
TypeRx
Racer

Originally Posted by atm4jim
It seems possible, found the following menu options below that you should be able to set as installed or not. Though I haven't tested it and don't want the risk in trying.
Massive thumbs up for looking into it!!

I think I will order one of these and, if happy with it, sell my Durametric enthusiast.

*Edit* Just bought a Foxwell NT520. Will report back late next week after I receive and have a chance to play with it. First order of business is disabling the TPMS.
Old 09-07-2018, 04:03 PM
911 Prospect
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TypeRx
Massive thumbs up for looking into it!!

I think I will order one of these and, if happy with it, sell my Durametric enthusiast.

*Edit* Just bought a Foxwell NT520. Will report back late next week after I receive and have a chance to play with it. First order of business is disabling the TPMS.
I have one on order and should be here next week, so I am interested in hearing about your experience. All other reviews and videos indicate it is a good system. I picked up the NT520 for $159 including shipping direct from Foxwell.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:13 PM
TypeRx
Racer

Ok, received the NT520 a couple days ago but finally had an opportunity to try it out today. I also have a Durametric Enthusiast. On a positive note, the NT520 appears to provide everything the Durametric Enthusiast does in a standalone package and at a lower price. Not everyone may trust a "Chinese" interface hooking into their car's systems but it seemed to work fine overall.

In addition to reading codes, over-revs, etc., I was able to code my seat belt chimes off as well as making the passenger window one-touch up ("comfort"). I am also planning on calibrating my steering sensors in the future. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to turn off my "Service Now" warning. I also was not able to access the TPM to disable the TPMS system. In both cases, I received a "selected function is not supported" message. WTF. I may need to play with TPM a bit more as the post a few up appears to show an "edit" option next to TPM being installed -- but that definitely wasn't the case in the coding section. And, it still doesn't fix the inability to turn off the service message. I read some where having trouble with this on the 997.2 but I have a 997.1TT.

I think one of the challenges is knowing which sub-menu to access everything. In some cases, you go through the diagnosis menu and can code from there but in most cases you need to code from the coding menu. A full directory would be helpful as I spent a solid hour just going through every function. I wish I documented things.

Bottom line, for $160 it is a great value, but still not perfect (not to be expected anyways). I also like that you can add on another mfg. module on to the unit for $70. I also have a VCDS (Audi/VW) interface that is glitchy and requires a separate computer/emulator. It would be nice to consolidate everything, so that is something I'll look at doing in the future.

If anyone has any feedback or tips, please share away!
Old 09-12-2018, 09:24 PM
TypeRx
Racer

Oh, and one other thing. I went to the Foxwell registration site to register my unit but noticed that it is not a secure site. No thanks -- not putting my name, email address, and setting a password on a non-secure website. Not sure how that even happens in this day and age....

Quick Reply: Over rev report with icarscan?