Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Over rev report with icarscan?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 03:41 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

There is an option in Icarsoft to do DME reports. Has any one been successful in getting it to read over rev. I tried it to my RS and it wont. How about in other porsches?
Old 09-14-2018, 05:24 PM
911.Forever
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by TTG
I am so getting (edit "got") one of these. Hopefully, it will be able to identify why I am getting the double honk when I try to lock my doors.
Did you have a new key programmed? This is one root cause: Porsche code for 997 key reprogram contains bugs and is current to today, being rewritten by Porsche.
Door handle sensors are another issue. Your Foxconn (possibly other testers too) will bring up the error code. See below.
The double beep refers to a system locking fault, for example, your hood is not closed, or a door is not closed, or above, a faulty door sensor. Before you begin spending bucks on parts, double check your doors, hoods, sensors.

Old 09-14-2018, 05:27 PM
911.Forever
Racer

Originally Posted by saabin
THis may be worth it to me just for the seat-belt chime disable..
+1!!! The first coding I searched for, then promptly disabled. I did leave the passengers side enabled.
Old 09-15-2018, 02:53 PM
911 Prospect
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Prospect
Thanks for the info! Not sure why tech support couldn't have offered that sooner...
Anyway, what does the "Total Distance" in the Foxwell scanner represent? While it would seem like it would reflect the mileage on the car I am really hoping that is not the case as I am seeing a discrepancy between odometer and "Total Distance" shown. Is anyone able to provide clarification? Thanks in advance.
Hey guys- sorry to bring this to the forefront again, but I am really hoping I can stop panicking about the "Total Distance" that is shown in the scanner. This is showing higher than my odometer, yet I have service records, Carfax, etc. that indicate the milage is what it is. Can anyone provide clarification or insight as to what this reading actually is? Thanks in advance!
Old 09-15-2018, 03:09 PM
911.Forever
Racer

Originally Posted by TypeRx
Oh, and one other thing. I went to the Foxwell registration site to register my unit but noticed that it is not a secure site. No thanks -- not putting my name, email address, and setting a password on a non-secure website. Not sure how that even happens in this day and age....
ditto. I sent them an email and registered my unit that way. They were prompt, albeit, on Asia Pac time.
Old 09-15-2018, 03:24 PM
911.Forever
Racer

Hey guys- sorry to bring this to the forefront again, but I am really hoping I can stop panicking about the "Total Distance" that is shown in the scanner. This is showing higher than my odometer, yet I have service records, Carfax, etc. that indicate the milage is what it is. Can anyone provide clarification or insight as to what this reading actually is? Thanks in advance!
If none of our comrades come to your rescue I'll validate for you when I'm back at the AZ house in early Oct. What is the "total distance" delta?
Old 09-15-2018, 03:54 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Wow! I am glad I have to Dura Pro version. Stuff is awesome. So far it has been great in helping me disable TPMS when my batteries were dead. Find and airbag connector I left disconnected while painting my backrest GT Silver. Saving all my modules data for future use. It’s the best short of PIWIS tool. Hopefully one day someone will make a Bluetooth OBD2 app. I have a Bluetooth OBD2 interface. I can download most cars and check for errors. In fact, I just saved about 1.5k replacing the Prius Hybrid battery pack.
Old 09-15-2018, 04:06 PM
TTG
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by 911.Forever
Did you have a new key programmed? This is one root cause: Porsche code for 997 key reprogram contains bugs and is current to today, being rewritten by Porsche.
Door handle sensors are another issue. Your Foxconn (possibly other testers too) will bring up the error code. See below.
The double beep refers to a system locking fault, for example, your hood is not closed, or a door is not closed, or above, a faulty door sensor. Before you begin spending bucks on parts, double check your doors, hoods, sensors.
Thank You.

No new key was programmed and I have double and triple checked that everything is closed.

My car is a garage queen and doors are never locked when parked. I realized the locking issue when I took it out to run errands over the summer.

When I push lock, I get the double honk, doors will lock for a second and unlock again.

I can lock the car by using a key but it sure fights that back too. I have to lock twice real fast inorder the trick the car to locking.

I will see what codes it will register.

Old 09-15-2018, 04:11 PM
911 Prospect
Instructor

ditto. I sent them an email and registered my unit that way. They were prompt, albeit, on Asia Pac time.
Yup, totally missed that when registering. So, if I go missing due to internet espionage from my account registration, who wants the 997? In hindsight I would not have registered it either had I paid attention to the non-secure status of their site, but hopefully no issues will arise from my idiocy.
Old 09-15-2018, 04:13 PM
911 Prospect
Instructor

If none of our comrades come to your rescue I'll validate for you when I'm back at the AZ house in early Oct. What is the "total distance" delta?
Great, thank you. It is about 13,000. Seems strange to me.
Old 09-15-2018, 04:59 PM
renncayman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by saabin
THis may be worth it to me just for the seat-belt chime disable..
+1
Old 09-17-2018, 06:53 PM
TTG
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 75 Posts

I got my NT-520 and spent a good amount of time with it playing around, getting familiar with it. Very cool tool.
It did not register any fault codes with regards to door locks which is puzzling to me. Every single door, compartment is closed in the car and I keep getting double honks and still can't lock doors. They will lock if I push the lock button from inside or once I drive off.

The car is also missing the Sport Chrono function from the onboard computer which apparently can sometimes happen during dealer reprogramming and it needs to be re-activated by the dealer.

I purchased the car from East Coast (I am in Seattle) earlier this year and previous owner took into dealer to get it completely serviced as if it was being certified, PPIed and addressed everything that dealer recommended (at a pretty steep cost)) before selling it to me.
I am guessing something went wrong during the process as they updated software and deleted previous owners data according to paperwork I have received. Now Sport Chrono function is missing on a car that is equipped with with SC and no one apparently tried to lock the doors.

Hopefully, my local dealer will know what to do as I am thinking they might have more experience than if I were to take it to an indy.

Confused and any feedback is extremely welcomed. (I might start a separate thread)
Old 09-18-2018, 01:58 AM
911.Forever
Racer

Originally Posted by TTG
I got my NT-520 and spent a good amount of time with it playing around, getting familiar with it. Very cool tool.
It did not register any fault codes with regards to door locks which is puzzling to me. Every single door, compartment is closed in the car and I keep getting double honks and still can't lock doors. They will lock if I push the lock button from inside or once I drive off.

The car is also missing the Sport Chrono function from the onboard computer which apparently can sometimes happen during dealer reprogramming and it needs to be re-activated by the dealer.

I purchased the car from East Coast (I am in Seattle) earlier this year and previous owner took into dealer to get it completely serviced as if it was being certified, PPIed and addressed everything that dealer recommended (at a pretty steep cost)) before selling it to me.
I am guessing something went wrong during the process as they updated software and deleted previous owners data according to paperwork I have received. Now Sport Chrono function is missing on a car that is equipped with with SC and no one apparently tried to lock the doors.

Hopefully, my local dealer will know what to do as I am thinking they might have more experience than if I were to take it to an indy.

Confused and any feedback is extremely welcomed. (I might start a separate thread)
You're onto something now. The dealer reprogramming may have inadvertently created the glitch.
As I mentioned above, Porsche code has bugs inherent to the 997 and I learned the hard way, as did the dealer. After flashing a replacement ignition key, the dealer went through various micro switch replacements but the double horn chirp (car would not lock) problem persisted. Only when another 997 owner coincidentally dropped by to have a second key programmed, did the dealer discover the same error flashed code result: Double honk and vehicle failed to lock. At this point they understood the Porsche code (not sure what Porsche's nomenclature for their ECU flash code is) contained bugs. The dealer has since submitted a letter to Porsche to have the flash code rectified. I need to call the dealer back to determine if this revision has happened, or not. More soon...
Old 09-18-2018, 10:17 AM
AreaOne
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TTG

Since you have the NT-520 there is a workaround for your door lock issue until you can get the problem fixed, program the car for the windows to roll up and down with the key fob then press the lock button to either lock or unlock the car then roll the windows back up or down.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:33 AM
911 Prospect
Instructor

Alright, I have to claim (mild) stupidity here. Although the readout does, in fact, show "Miles" next to total distance it is actually being displayed in km. Thanks to TypeRx for pointing out I might need to do that simple conversion! I took it at face value that when it said "Miles" next to the Total Distance that it was, well, in miles and not kms. So, thanks again TypeRx, and sorry to raise this silly concern to the group, but I did own a car many years ago with odometer tampering and involved the state attorney general so I was ready to do battle.
Enjoy your day all!

Quick Reply: Over rev report with icarscan?