Sponsored by:

PPI Results

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 11:06 PM
gbakerge
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts
Default PPI Results

I had a PPI today on a 2008 TT with low miles. I have attached a picture of the PPI results attached. The main concern was the slow crank, they said it was due to a warn cable running from the front to the back and through the dash/center console to the engine in the rear. Apparently this cable comes in three sections, front, middle and rear. The front and rear sections have been replaced and only the middle section that runs through through the inside needs to be replaced. There was a service bulletin on this issue and it seems only 2/3 of the issue was corrected on this car. The estimate to correct this is about $700 to correct. Has anyone had any similar issues and how concerned should I be? Do you see anything else to be concerned about? Thanks for the help.
Old 08-31-2018, 03:19 AM
TTG
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 75 Posts

Thats a pretty good report and I think the shop that you took is very picky which is very nice.

What is the milage on the car?
Old 08-31-2018, 08:33 AM
gbakerge
Racer

Thanks TTG. The car has 35k miles. Any thoughts on the cable issue?
Old 08-31-2018, 02:38 PM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I have never heard about this cable going bad? It's a new one too me. But I assume the car seems good mechanically?
Some people don't look after there cars like others remember. Parts are not that expensive if you need to replace a few.
If you like the car grab it I say and make it into the car you want.
Old 08-31-2018, 03:15 PM
Emmasdream
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I recently took my 09 TT into the local Porsche dealer and the head tech had said something similar regarding slow crank. We were diagnosing phantom vibrations in the console, but when I started the car he mentioned it seemed like it was a shade too long in the startup crank. Since its still CPO I had them check it out. Turned out to be fine, but he said something similar to what your guy said: the cable running from the battery to the engine can get damaged resulting it a longer crank startup. He told me that he checked it out and it was fine - I got the sense you can just not worry about it and if something happens it's not a catastrophic failure, just get the cable fixed at that point.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:42 PM
gbakerge
Racer

Thanks 993 - you are spot on. I’m getting this car, can’t wait, sooo excited.

Also thanks Emmasdream for the details and agree with you.

I’m progressively moving up the Porsche ladder

My first love, never should have sold her...

My second love, hope I don’t feel the same as the first sale...

Quick Reply: PPI Results