Sponsored by:

997.1 turbo to 991.2 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 11:25 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Sranwrap
Haha. I have 3 kids, all under 8. The four seats are nice for school pick ups but I am willing to go 2 seater for a GT3....priorities right lol. I am keeping the turbo for another winter and will see where prices are for GT3's next spring.
Same here. 3 kids below 8. I enjoy driving with my kids and unless porsche makes a 5 seater 911, my wife willhave to stay home for now. Thats why I bought the TTS so she can also drive the kids.

I just left my RS to remind me where I was before.
Old 08-25-2018, 11:02 AM
bogey1
Rennlist Member

Received 217 Likes on 109 Posts

Interesting responses. The original question was which car is better for street driving and rough streets. Not which is the better true sports car. The GT3 is a purpose built beast, no question in almost every way its a better pure sports car. GT's are incredible cars, best Porsche cars I have ever driven. That being said, the Turbo is SO easy to enjoy in many different situations - so if you can only have one and your not a track guy I don't think its a simple no brainer. I will have more miles on my Turbo in the first 6 months of ownership than over two years in my GT3. Now, having one of each - automotive nirvana!
Old 08-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Sranwrap
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bogey1
Interesting responses. The original question was which car is better for street driving and rough streets. Not which is the better true sports car. The GT3 is a purpose built beast, no question in almost every way its a better pure sports car. GT's are incredible cars, best Porsche cars I have ever driven. That being said, the Turbo is SO easy to enjoy in many different situations - so if you can only have one and your not a track guy I don't think its a simple no brainer. I will have more miles on my Turbo in the first 6 months of ownership than over two years in my GT3. Now, having one of each - automotive nirvana!
This is exactly what my friend who owns a 991.2 gt3 and then bought the 996 turbo said. His GT3 is his favourite but he drives his turbo more. If I am lucky enough to do a deal at the beginning of driving season I will keep my turbo and decide after seeing which keys I find myself reaching for more often. If I was able to get this particular GT3 now and keep my turbo, I would probably have to hold both cars for the next six months and I don't have the space to make that work.

Doesn't really matter now anyways. I am told the GT3 will be sold 25k CAD over msrp. I would rather take my chances come next year instead of paying that and parking it until May.

Quick Reply: 997.1 turbo to 991.2 GT3