Sponsored by:

Fidelity Platinum Warranty rates

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 09:51 PM
jaykkub
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Fidelity Platinum Warranty rates

I’m starting to seriously shop for an aftermarket warranty. Mike Jourdan was able to provide me with some quotes earlier today. Just wondering if these prices sound right or if I should continue shopping with other companies because I’ll be overpaying.

3 years / 36k - $5963
4 years / 48k - $7857

My plan is to keep the car long term, but my work isn’t that far away so I doubt I’ll really rack up any high mileage even if it did become my DD.

My car is a 2008 997.1 with 45k miles. Thanks.

Last edited by jaykkub; 07-24-2018 at 11:59 AM.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:27 PM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 352 Posts

Seems a little high to me.

This is what I got:

2007 turbo, Purchase date Oct 2015, 3/36K platinum coverage, 250ded. Car had 43,600 miles. paid $3,900.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:33 PM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,450 Likes on 956 Posts

Yes.

Shop around.

Dealer mark up over 100%

Seach Rennlist for lots of threads on this and a few names of disc sellers of Fidelity
Old 07-23-2018, 10:52 PM
jaykkub
Instructor

Thanks Saabin. That’s what I had thought too. That price I’d be happy to pay. Do you still have the name or contact you worked with?

Originally Posted by 996AE
Seach Rennlist for lots of threads on this and a few names of disc sellers of Fidelity
I’ll check for other contacts too. I reached out to Jourdan (since he came highly recommended by a few people here) and these were the discounted prices I received this morning.

Thanks for for the quick responses. Seemed a little high compared to rates I was seeing posted from other Rennlist members and I needed some second opinions
Old 07-23-2018, 11:41 PM
TBarrow
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I have a call into my guy to see where he landed and if he offers the Fidelity. I bought a 6/60 with $100 ded at the beginning of the year for a 12 Turbo Cab. He was cheaper than MJ.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:43 AM
jaykkub
Instructor

Originally Posted by TBarrow
I have a call into my guy to see where he landed and if he offers the Fidelity. I bought a 6/60 with $100 ded at the beginning of the year for a 12 Turbo Cab. He was cheaper than MJ.
Please send over his contact info and I’ll give him a call today. Thanks!
Old 07-24-2018, 12:49 PM
Timeo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jaykkub - can you update this thread with the pricing you get?

I am in the exact same situation as you, just bought a 2008 997.1 w/ 42,000 that will be my daily driver of about 15 miles per day. I got quotes from Jourdan similar to what you posted (I think he offers 40% off retail rates) but they still seemed too high for my liking considering I will be lucky to put 5,000 miles a year on this car. So I never bought the warranty but would consider it if the price was lower.

Thx
Old 07-24-2018, 05:36 PM
jaykkub
Instructor

Originally Posted by Timeo
Jaykkub - can you update this thread with the pricing you get?
Thx
Will do! I reached out to Troy Dietrich today, but unfortunately he can’t offer me a warranty since it’s outside 4 years

I have a couple other leads I’m chasing down, but I really want to get this going within the next week. I’ll most likely contact Fidelity directly to see if they can let me know which dealers to work with.

If anyone else has a suggestion let me know and I’ll be sure to post the company/contact that I go with once everything is finalized. Thanks!
Old 07-24-2018, 05:57 PM
USNA12
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by TBarrow
Yes please message me his updated info. I need to extend mine.
Old 07-24-2018, 06:31 PM
theplings
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Jourdan was selling them for $100 over cost when I bought mine in early 2017. I contacted him a few months ago for a quote for a friend and he was selling them for 55% of suggested retail, so it seems he has changed his pricing structure and they are a tad more expensive now. This is still substantially cheaper than walking into XYZ dealer to buy one though.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:28 PM
jaykkub
Instructor

Originally Posted by theplings
Jourdan was selling them for $100 over cost when I bought mine in early 2017. I contacted him a few months ago for a quote for a friend and he was selling them for 55% of suggested retail, so it seems he has changed his pricing structure and they are a tad more expensive now. This is still substantially cheaper than walking into XYZ dealer to buy one though.
Yep, that’s exactly the price I was quoted. He sent me a screenshot of the price sheet and said take 55% off any of those prices and that’ll be my price. Wondering if there’s anyone else that can beat that.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:00 PM
jaykkub
Instructor

In the end I was able to get a price slightly better than what Mike Jourdan was offering (couple hundred cheaper), but still no where near what others had been getting previously. Either way, it's added insurance and piece of mind. I just signed the contract for a Fidelity Platinum contract this morning. Price came out to be ~$5600 for 3 years / 36k miles.

Oh and believe me I tried calling around and finding a better deal at other dealerships/states/etc. I contacted many of the names that others suggested here and on other car forums (Mike Jourdan, Troy Dietrich, Dennis Fichtner, etc.). I even contacted Fidelity directly to try and get a list of dealerships that offer their services. That was a deadend and a waste of time The best deal ended up being a local Porsche Dealership in San Diego. I worked with the finance manager (Crystal) and she was very quick and they offer services through Fidelity, Safe Guard, and Warranty Group. Safe Guard couldn't provide me a quote. Most likely due to the age of the car (??). I was told all three companies offer very similar services.

Either way, I'm happy that this is taken care of. I won't be able to file any claims for a month, but that shouldn't matter anyways.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:03 PM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

As these cars get older and a little cheaper...what's the warranty really protecting you from? Spun cam?

On a 997.2, Id want one to cover the pdk, but they seem to goodwill these to a decent extent on low mile cars.

Cheers
Old 08-01-2018, 07:52 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by jaykkub
In the end I was able to get a price slightly better than what Mike Jourdan was offering (couple hundred cheaper), but still no where near what others had been getting previously. Either way, it's added insurance and piece of mind. I just signed the contract for a Fidelity Platinum contract this morning. Price came out to be ~$5600 for 3 years / 36k miles.

Oh and believe me I tried calling around and finding a better deal at other dealerships/states/etc. I contacted many of the names that others suggested here and on other car forums (Mike Jourdan, Troy Dietrich, Dennis Fichtner, etc.). I even contacted Fidelity directly to try and get a list of dealerships that offer their services. That was a deadend and a waste of time The best deal ended up being a local Porsche Dealership in San Diego. I worked with the finance manager (Crystal) and she was very quick and they offer services through Fidelity, Safe Guard, and Warranty Group. Safe Guard couldn't provide me a quote. Most likely due to the age of the car (??). I was told all three companies offer very similar services.

Either way, I'm happy that this is taken care of. I won't be able to file any claims for a month, but that shouldn't matter anyways.
Yikes, I paid $2,245 for 5 years and 75K miles with a $200 deductible from Carmax when I bought my TTS. Carmax warranties are underwritten by Fidelity. I won't buy a car from ANY dealer other than Carmax. JMO and not affiliated.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:48 PM
USNA12
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Can someone kindly DM me the info for Mossey and whomever else they believe has the lowest rates?

Quick Reply: Fidelity Platinum Warranty rates