Sponsored by:

What is the reason for lack of interest on TT

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 10:25 AM
dave292
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken Scherer
Short version is the mileage is 21k, black, coupe, PDK, MSRP 168k. Exc condition It's been posted and bumped for awhile. I didn't want to repost everything here that is in the classifieds. I was just wondering if maybe the market was a little soft or saturated. My price is down to low 100's.....Thanks.
I bought mine last year. 2012, 16000 miles PDK, Aero Package etc. MSRP, $179K. Bought it from a dealer with a CPO for $100K. You man need to be below $100K.
Best
Old 07-04-2018, 10:53 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

If I was selling I definitely would not put it on here(tire kickers). Last two Porsche's I sold were on the PCA website. A 1993 RSA with 18k miles the other a 1997 993S with 67k miles. Both sold very quickly. The 993S went to France. No autotrader or non of that other nonsense sites. PCA website has been extremely great for my sales. Sold wheels, etc. give it a shot. That's where I look for cars.
Old 07-04-2018, 12:46 PM
Southpaw
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by thxbuff2001
Im not doubting you but where did you find the TTS with a price range of $80's? Most of the time when buying or selling a car, comparing cars by year only without looking at condition or mileage atleast maybe inaccurate. If I sell one of my cars and I have a buyer comparing my car with another just by year and price, i ask them to look at that car and mine and see if its thesame. Its never thesame.

I just bought my wife a TTS and did not find any TTS for miles 10-30k miles in the range $80's, those are TT prices. They where $95-110.

My advise to the OP, if that is whats listed by dealers, price is thesame, then move a little when you have a serious buyer. You only need one buyer for your car, you will find one. It takes time.
Your competition here is the other seller, not yourself. Service it and recondition, you will be able to sell it.

The color it self is not a negative, if a buyer sees your paint is well taken cared of, then it will sell. Black is still one of the most popular colors on most cars. I like black and had black porsches but I just dont have the time to clean my cars very often.

Like what my friend who owns a lamborghini dealer used to say, " Everything can be sold for the right price."
Totally agree... finding one with this kind of mileage in the 80's would trigger red flags (or a steal from a seller who uses blue book as a selling guide). A quick scan on Autotrader just now has them in the 90's - low 100's. A good friend here is an exotic car dealer has sold a few TTS this year. All sold in the high 90's and highest sold was $103K. The car that sold for $103k was aqua blue so color had something to do with the higher selling price. He'll price more common colored cars in the 90's and they all sell.
Color and options always seem to be a factor with these cars. More common colors without attractive options may sit longer. We're also approaching the middle of summer so the market is likely slow at this point.

Last edited by Southpaw; 07-04-2018 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-04-2018, 01:01 PM
boisenelson
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by atcbi5
If I was selling I definitely would not put it on here(tire kickers). Last two Porsche's I sold were on the PCA website. A 1993 RSA with 18k miles the other a 1997 993S with 67k miles. Both sold very quickly. The 993S went to France. No autotrader or non of that other nonsense sites. PCA website has been extremely great for my sales. Sold wheels, etc. give it a shot. That's where I look for cars.
I have to agree here. I just sold a 996 Cab through the PCA site 2 weeks ago and got my full asking price. I had the car posted here as well in the marketplace and did not get a single serious inquiry, only peanut gallery tire kickers. I had 4 serious inquiries from the PCA classifieds, and 2 guys in backup if the first buyer's deal did not go through. I think that folks serious about buying and are ready to pull the trigger are shopping PCA classifieds.
Old 07-04-2018, 01:08 PM
Greg Lab
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The right buyer is out there. You probably need more of an enthusiast type that appreciates the smaller size of a 997, so you will have to paw thru all of those with that kind of money to spend looking at used 991's. I bought my 2011 TTS 3 years ago with 14K miles, MSRP $178K, for $102K and have never regretted it, awesome car. Don't give it away. Total 911 Magazine reports the production number is around 2200 so in the grand scheme of things, not that many out there.
Old 07-04-2018, 02:53 PM
Ken Scherer
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the suggestions and replies. I am open and negotiable so don't be shy. Everyone have a great and safe 4th of July.
Old 07-04-2018, 06:49 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

List it here and on pca at 95k, don’t go below 92k.
glws, great car.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:42 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 435 Posts

If you drop the price a couple thousand, just a bit, and post it where others suggested (PCA site, and personally, I liked cars.com), you'll sell it. I'm a firm believer that if a car isn't selling, it's at the wrong price.

And guys, (do we really have ANY ladies on here?!?!), if you think his asking price is too high, it's JUST an asking price. I bought a car sight unseen with a very high asking price as I asked for a much lower price, they caved when they heard my reasons for asking and pleading with them to sell me their beautiful car, that I'd LOVE it forever, etc), and I got it for less.

Asking price... it's just, an asking price.

You'll get your price for this car. Just be patient. What's next? I will probably cry the day I sell my car. I love my car like people love their parents and kids.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:21 PM
9ts
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm a firm believer that price sells cars. In this case, it's another black car on the market. And given that it's summer (for those in the northern hemisphere), it's just too freakin' HOT. Wait until fall and try again? GLWS
Old 07-05-2018, 03:55 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Your thread got good Ken. I've been away a few days and this thing took off.

I'm not in the market to sell mine but love hearing / seeing what everyone thinks of the values of these and future values. I'm hoping that they become somewhat "collectable" or desired in the future since there are only 2000-2200 of them. Being that it's the "last" of the truly 911 size (997 body), I'm hoping that will keep them desirable also.

My 2012 TTS with 31K miles, GT Silver / Blk., Adaptive's, Rear parking sensors, Heated seats, Carbon pkg., rear footwell and door pocket LED lighting, and a few other options, Great service history, and a Fresh Service with brand new tires all around, driven daily(ish) by a Late 60's / Early 70's doctor out of Colorado, was bought for Under $95K. NO Warranty though. It also had a Europipe Exhaust already installed on it ($4500 ish). I love it!!!

Not caused me a lick of trouble and I've put 1500 miles on it so far with two trips to the mountains for some "fun" driving
Old 07-06-2018, 12:27 AM
Whosdady
Instructor

I’m surprised you’re not getting much interest. Your car looks nice. There are several factors I would consider, even being CPO with relatively low mileage. For example, salt/water damage coming from Florida? Also maintenance? Color? (although one of my favorites)

Maybe you aren’t advertising in the right places? I have seen similar cars listed and sold recently for six digits.

Old 07-06-2018, 07:26 AM
Ken Scherer
Advanced

Thanks. I have plenty of underside pics that shows very clean condition with no "salt/water damage".
Old 07-06-2018, 04:09 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

I know this is an insane statement, but it's a really low option Turbo S. I think ours was $181 and that was without aero kit.

I think on any 6-7 year old car that's still ~$100k there's going to be a general lack of transactions overall...most turbo buyers (not the forum members here) are after the latest and greatest... but I'm sure there's a buyer out there. Like many others I'd think you go down to an advertised price of around 97-98 to genereate a little more interest and it will likely end up changing hands for around 94-95.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:01 PM
Ken Scherer
Advanced

I agree with your first 7 words, but thanks for the reply...
Old 07-06-2018, 07:37 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Classic reply Ken!! lol

Quick Reply: What is the reason for lack of interest on TT