Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the reason for lack of interest on TT

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 05:16 PM
Rambler_13
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

Ken, your asking price seems reasonable to me imo but I agree that black can be a tough sell. Not so much because of maintenance and keeping it clean since modern day ceramic coatings make it much easier and tolerable. It’s more that black shows every imperfection, rock chip, swirl, spider-webbing, etc. that’ll make any obsessive enthusiast lose sleep at night and more likely to look elsewhere in the used market. I’ve owned 2 black 911s and I’d probably only own another one if it had PPF in the major impact areas from day 1 or close to it. Your paint may be near perfect but in any case, I would recommend commenting on the condition to give potential buyers who are apprehensive about black that there’s no need to worry.
Old 07-02-2018, 05:43 PM
Ken Scherer
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dealer rated this a 93/100. I believe after I detailed this car inside and out that it is a solid 95/100 condition now. I have plenty of pics to show, but I am confident a buyer would agree with me. Those expensive wheels are rash free too.There was and is still some film protection on rear quarters and door inserts. Thanks
Old 07-02-2018, 05:58 PM
bogey1
Rennlist Member

Received 217 Likes on 109 Posts

Having just pulled the trigger on one of these, I feel like your price is very strong if its in the shape described. I looked at cars in the 95K range, and to me they were not enthusiast owned. Solid cars for sure, but lacked that detailed approach to maintenance that I was looking for. They looked good from 10 feet, but close up - another story. I have always paid top dollar for the best examples I can find when I buy a new-to-me Porsche. My opinion on the lack of interest right now probably has more to do with the time of year and maybe the color than anything else. I was outbid on on a 2013 TTS with 5,000 miles on it at $115,000 and missed the Meteor Grey one at North Houston a few weeks ago that sold near asking of $114,000. I just did not want black. So your buyer is out there - no question.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:07 PM
Rambler_13
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ken Scherer
The dealer rated this a 93/100. I believe after I detailed this car inside and out that it is a solid 95/100 condition now. I have plenty of pics to show, but I am confident a buyer would agree with me. Those expensive wheels are rash free too.There was and is still some film protection on rear quarters and door inserts. Thanks
Perfect, I would suggest adding this to your for sale description. It's astonishing how many low mile dealer cars look like s&*t so it is not something to take for granted and a would be buyer would appreciate knowing this, especially if someone is looking to buy long distance.
Old 07-03-2018, 10:24 AM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by CardiffDweller
I've been looking recently at 2007-2011 cars, as I've been thinking about dipping my toe back in the 911 waters. I test drove a 2007 tip about 2 months ago. I can tell you I've seen 2011 Turbo S cars (coupe and cabrio), in the low to mid $80k range. They have about double the mileage. I don't want to tell you that you are overpriced as that is your call. I can tell you that my personal view is I'd rather get the car with 40k miles that has been maintained than pay $20k more for the lower mileage car.
Im not doubting you but where did you find the TTS with a price range of $80's? Most of the time when buying or selling a car, comparing cars by year only without looking at condition or mileage atleast maybe inaccurate. If I sell one of my cars and I have a buyer comparing my car with another just by year and price, i ask them to look at that car and mine and see if its thesame. Its never thesame.

I just bought my wife a TTS and did not find any TTS for miles 10-30k miles in the range $80's, those are TT prices. They where $95-110.

My advise to the OP, if that is whats listed by dealers, price is thesame, then move a little when you have a serious buyer. You only need one buyer for your car, you will find one. It takes time.
Your competition here is the other seller, not yourself. Service it and recondition, you will be able to sell it.

The color it self is not a negative, if a buyer sees your paint is well taken cared of, then it will sell. Black is still one of the most popular colors on most cars. I like black and had black porsches but I just dont have the time to clean my cars very often.

Like what my friend who owns a lamborghini dealer used to say, " Everything can be sold for the right price."
Old 07-03-2018, 10:49 AM
Ken Scherer
Advanced

Originally Posted by thxbuff2001
Im not doubting you but where did you find the TTS with a price range of $80's? Most of the time when buying or selling a car, comparing cars by year only without looking at condition or mileage atleast maybe inaccurate. If I sell one of my cars and I have a buyer comparing my car with another just by year and price, i ask them to look at that car and mine and see if its thesame. Its never thesame.

I just bought my wife a TTS and did not find any TTS for miles 10-30k miles in the range $80's, those are TT prices. They where $95-110.

My advise to the OP, if that is whats listed by dealers, price is thesame, then move a little when you have a serious buyer. You only need one buyer for your car, you will find one. It takes time.
Your competition here is the other seller, not yourself. Service it and recondition, you will be able to sell it.

The color it self is not a negative, if a buyer sees your paint is well taken cared of, then it will sell. Black is still one of the most popular colors on most cars. I like black and had black porsches but I just dont have the time to clean my cars very often.

Like what my friend who owns a lamborghini dealer used to say, " Everything can be sold for the right price."

I agree. I looked at many sites for 9 months and had 4-5 TTS get away from me even when I told salesman I would pay their price. I didn't see any in the 80's then and rarely see one now. So I will enjoy what I have and probably sell to that one buyer somewhere in the 90's. Thanks and safe 4th to all. .
Old 07-03-2018, 11:10 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I think 92-95k is the sweet spot to sell.
Does it have adaptives?
Old 07-03-2018, 11:18 AM
Ken Scherer
Advanced

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I think 92-95k is the sweet spot to sell.
Does it have adaptives?
Sorry, but I don't know what your asking. I am reluctantly agreeing with you sweet spot though.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:26 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

The adaptive sport seats (***).
Old 07-03-2018, 11:33 AM
Ken Scherer
Advanced

"Adaptive Sport seats Plus are fitted as standard in the 911 Turbo S and the 911 Turbo S Cabriolet. The firm sporty padding of the side bolsters and additional shoulder supports provide the best possible hold."

Shows Multi stage Heating System and front seat ventilation and 12 way power with Porsche Crest embossed on headrests for front seats.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:39 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

I used to have a 2011tts, I don't believe *** were standard in 2011, rather a low cost option. In fact, mine was specially ordered with heated and ventilated adaptive sport seats, the only one in the country at the time. The standard seats were either comfort or non adaptive sport seats.
Either way GLWS
Old 07-03-2018, 11:44 AM
Ken Scherer
Advanced

Old 07-03-2018, 11:47 AM
Rambler_13
Rennlist Member

Ken, I do not believe you have the adaptive sport seats as they weren't available with the cooling feature. You have the 12 way power-adjustable seats, heated and cooled. To tell for certain, the adaptives have the "wings" that extend beyond the shoulder area.

See this thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turb...look-like.html
Old 07-03-2018, 11:51 AM
Ken Scherer
Advanced

Old 07-03-2018, 11:52 AM
Rambler_13
Rennlist Member

No, you don't have them, these are the 12-way "comfy" seat option as per your build sheet.

Quick Reply: What is the reason for lack of interest on TT