Sponsored by:

New Car and New Mods with Sam @ By Design

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 08:03 AM
chris9304
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Car and New Mods with Sam @ By Design

Hey everyone i have been a lurker for a while, but pulled the trigger on an 07 997.1 turbo with 35k miles. The car had a Tubi exhaust on it and an evoms tune and felt strong. I didn't like the fact that i couldn't pull any data off of that tune which got me thinking. After purchasing some intercoolers from a forum member and talking with him he suggested that I talk to Sam as a tuning resource. I called up Sam and he took my call answered all of my questions as i discussed options on how i wanted the care to end up and really took all the time i needed as part of that discussion. I had such a positive experience that i went ahead and purchased an Accesport so i could start datalogging for a custom tune by Sam. Right away I noticed along with Sam that my nock count was high and ti was pulling all of my timing. Sam and i talked about what the potential issue could be and he mentioned that it could be the cats that were on the car. My plan was to cut the cats out and re weld in a straight piece on my existing Tubi. Sam and i talked a bit more about my plan for the car and helped me get a Kline exhaust for the car. He shipped it and it came in within the week. Since i was going to have the car in the air I also did spark plugs and coils at the same time. I removed the exhaust and found out that both of my cats were completely destroyed and can't believe the car was actually running at all with how melted the cats were. I got everything replaced and the car is running phenomenal. I just wanted to post about an absolutely great transaction of which more will certainly come in the future. I already ordered manifolds as i saw a hairline on my #1 stock manifold. A huge thank you to Sam for your help and guidance with my new Turbo. I am looking forward to putting some big VTG's on the car and making some power later this year. For now it is an incredibly fun car and would suggest Sam to anyone else.

Thank you,
Chris
Old 06-20-2018, 11:55 AM
Dguth
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 90 Posts

Sams a great guy and highly recommend his expertise. Always there even after the build for my novice questions!
Old 06-20-2018, 12:06 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 678 Likes on 372 Posts

Another amazing story about an amazing community supporter.

Congrats on the ride.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:11 PM
808c2s
Burning Brakes

Received 460 Likes on 188 Posts

Yup, Sam's a great guy. Honest, knowledgeable, and a true enthusiast with great customer support. Nice color
Old 06-20-2018, 02:01 PM
El Dario Loco
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats and welcome! That color though!!!
Old 06-20-2018, 02:28 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 917 Likes on 560 Posts

Wow when I saw this I was really happy and then when I saw all the other posts I was even happier! Thank you so much Chris it was a pleasure working with you and continuing to get the most out of your car. I’m so glad you love it and I’m so glad we were able to solve some big issues with our proven recipe. More fun to come once those manifolds are on and you can do some logs. It will get even better!

I appreciate this community so much and I always try to give back with service and support so thank you everyone! Welcome to the family Chris!

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
Old 06-20-2018, 07:22 PM
MIKe30
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on getting it sorted. Is that graphite blue?
Old 06-21-2018, 09:22 PM
Nate2046
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by MIKe30
Congrats on getting it sorted. Is that graphite blue?
+1
PTS? Wrap? Respray? We need details! Perfect color for a 997!
Old 06-21-2018, 09:25 PM
chris9304
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrap

thanks for the compliments it’s a Avery grey gloss wrap. It’s black naturally but the guys that did the wrap did it right. They took the car apart and cut in all of the jams. If anyone is in Orlando I’d also like to give a call out to drivers choice. They are a Porsche certified shop that took care of me on parts vs the stealership.

Old 06-21-2018, 09:29 PM
MIKe30
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chris9304
thanks for the compliments it’s a Avery grey gloss wrap. It’s black naturally but the guys that did the wrap did it right. They took the car apart and cut in all of the jams. If anyone is in Orlando I’d also like to give a call out to drivers choice. They are a Porsche certified shop that took care of me on parts vs the stealership.

Nice. Share some more pics when you get a chance.

Quick Reply: New Car and New Mods with Sam @ By Design