Sponsored by:

Factory Tour Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 09:45 AM
tinkerbill
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Factory Tour Questions

I will be flying into Frankfurt from Seattle for 3 weekdays in September 2018 and would like to take a tour of the Porsche factory while I’m in the area. What advice/recommendations would you give me on how to go about getting to the tour location from a hotel in Frankfurt (bus, rental car,?) and return? Things to do and avoid, etc.
I see that there is a place that will bring a new 911 to the hotel and I can rent it for the day but if traffic, construction, parking is a problem in the area it may not be worth the trouble.
Also, sadly, my wife is not a car person and may want to tour the shopping areas or museums so any recommendations along those lines would be helpful as well.
Any advice is appreciated, thanks
Bill
Old 05-14-2018, 01:18 PM
Catorce
Banned

Received 73 Likes on 45 Posts

First of all, you need to contact the factory and book NOW, I booked 6 months in advance and it fills up fast.

If you stay in Stuttgart, there is lots of shopping on the Koenigstrasse which is 20 mins from the factory. The tour takes a couple hours, and then you can see the museum which takes at most another hour if you move fast. Lots to do locally for non-car people.
Old 05-14-2018, 01:23 PM
tinkerbill
Instructor

Originally Posted by Catorce
First of all, you need to contact the factory and book NOW, I booked 6 months in advance and it fills up fast.

If you stay in Stuttgart, there is lots of shopping on the Koenigstrasse which is 20 mins from the factory. The tour takes a couple hours, and then you can see the museum which takes at most another hour if you move fast. Lots to do locally for non-car people.
Thanks, we are staying in Frankfurt. Ill sign up for the tour today
bill
Old 05-14-2018, 05:25 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by tinkerbill
Thanks, we are staying in Frankfurt. Ill sign up for the tour today
bill
Make sure you sign up for an English speaking tour too, I don't think they offer tours in both languages at the same time. As was already stated sign up immediately.

There's plenty of parking in the underground structure under the museum.

The Mercedes museum is worth it if you have enough time left in the day, it's about a 15 min drive away
Old 05-14-2018, 05:33 PM
tinkerbill
Instructor

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
Make sure you sign up for an English speaking tour too, I don't think they offer tours in both languages at the same time. As was already stated sign up immediately.

There's plenty of parking in the underground structure under the museum.

The Mercedes museum is worth it if you have enough time left in the day, it's about a 15 min drive away
Thanks
I sent a request through an email contact I found [factorytours@porsche.de] Is there a different contact or site I should be using?
I dont see anything available at the time Im in the area on the website but I will keep looking and contact them through email. The FAQ's say 2 months in advance to reserve but Im 5 months out and may have a problem. I may just have to rent something and go for a drive

Last edited by tinkerbill; 05-14-2018 at 05:51 PM. Reason: more info

Quick Reply: Factory Tour Questions