Another Shifter Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 10:41 AM
El Dario Loco
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny DB
Have you installed the cable ends yet?
Unfortunately no. Still recovering from an ACL-surgery. I can post an update when I get around to it.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:42 AM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by El Dario Loco
Unfortunately no. Still recovering from an ACL-surgery. I can post an update when I get around to it.
All the best in the recovery!
Old 06-14-2018, 10:18 AM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by El Dario Loco
I had that done twice - same knee - no more hockey for me. Hows the CPM !? - Good luck with the rehab!
Old 06-14-2018, 05:13 PM
El Dario Loco
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny DB
All the best in the recovery!
Originally Posted by JG 996T
I had that done twice - same knee - no more hockey for me. Hows the CPM !? - Good luck with the rehab!
Thanks guys! Good to finally get that over with. Damn football (=soccer)

No CPM device for me JG996T, just some old fashioned exercises 7-8 times a day :P
Old 06-25-2018, 04:32 PM
911 Prospect
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey All- Just an update for anyone who may be interested. I decided to keep the car OEM+ and went with the Porsche SSK. With the help of all the other threads I was able to very easily install the shifter myself (with the help of my 12 yo son- good garage time! ) I am not going to post dozens of pictures because it is exactly the same as all of the other postings. I only drove the car for a short while yesterday, but it has already made an impression! This is the way the car should have come! An upgraded shifter should not be an "option" in a $140,000 sports car. Great and direct feel with a noticeable shorter shift- exactly as you would expect. Looking forward to enjoying many shifts with this upgrade. If this ever seems to get sloppy I will do the Function First parts swap, but for now it's perfect for me (no racing, just enjoyment).
Thanks to ALL of the people who posted pictures and helpful bits of info on how to make this an easy job throughout this forum!

Quick Reply: Another Shifter Thread