Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to pull the trigger on this beauty - newbie help request :-)

Old 05-02-2018, 04:29 PM
nifiction
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks all for the responses. I decided to not go ahead with the car for now. I’m too inexperienced and don’t want to buy something that will take thousands of dollars to fix up.

The dealership got back to me and offered to fix all the items on the list, but would charge me full asking ($55,900). That just didn’t seem right to me... negotiating a discount and then you have to pay that amount to get the car back into shape?!
Old 05-02-2018, 11:28 PM
jonstreetzel
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be patient and keep looking , it took me a solid year , but I found my 08 997 tt cabrio for 55k. it was a 6 speed like I wanted with an FVD exhaust (dealer installed), extensive service records and zero issues or accidents. PPI revealed no over revs and only negative was a loose exhaust heat shield. Everything else was in great shape. It was high mileage (75K) but its my dream car and with that history and engine , I was not concerned . My dealer would not negotiate the price because they knew what they were selling. I believe the price was fair based on all the options and history /condition of the car and the fact that it was the correct color combo i was looking for .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: About to pull the trigger on this beauty - newbie help request :-)