SpeedTech 2018 Spring Sale Is On!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 10:29 AM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 307 Likes on 213 Posts
Default SpeedTech 2018 Spring Sale Is On!

Get ready for summer - we are offering our deepest discounts on all SpeedTech Exhaust and other products. Contact us for a great price on your new system!
2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials SpeedTech Exhaust Videos facebook

Last edited by John D II; 03-26-2019 at 12:44 AM.
Old 04-14-2018, 02:58 PM
ShatterPoints
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by John D II
Get ready for summer - we are offering our deepest discounts on all SpeedTech Exhaust and other products now through April 30th. Contact us for a great price on your new system!
Do you have anything that does include a cat in the system? I live in TX and they will do a smog test when I get the car inspected.
Old 04-14-2018, 03:25 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ShatterPoints
Do you have anything that does include a cat in the system? I live in TX and they will do a smog test when I get the car inspected.
Yes, we certainly do. We sell more catted systems than catless. We use high quality German HJS catalytic converters on our 997 turbo systems. Is your car a 997.1 or .2? I can PM you a price.
Old 04-21-2018, 07:58 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

For anyone thinking about a SpeedTech exhaust for their 997TTand needing a little reinforcement - this review just came in from a just installed 2.5 X-Pipe system:

997.1 turbo with Speedtech 2.5 X-pipe

First of all, a big thank you to John for his excellent support and quick feedback, but more importantly for his patience. I am a very picky person and I have drowned him with emails. Thank you John!

I have gone through an extensive research on various 997.1 TT exhaust providers and none have really convinced me, until I came across Speedtech. It is clear that the extensive R&D has resulted in a very customized solution providing 911 fans with a few options to cater to their specific tastes.

Personally, I have always found the 997 TT exhaust note very disappointing. The twin turbos take away the mythical 911 sound which you find on the Naturally Aspirated 997.1, like the 911 GT3 or the standard 911 with Porsche Sport exhaust (which I had on my Targa 4S and was magical).

No exhaust system on a 997.1 TT can bring back the Naturally Aspirated sound, but the Speedtech 2.5 X-pipe system, is the closest it can get.

I cannot really describe how it sounds but you can imagine an orchestra with percussions, string instruments and wind instruments, all playing together in harmony the legendary 911 sound and then when the Turbos spool, it is as if one of the wind instruments, let us say the trombone, takes the lead for a few seconds and then all the instruments follow ... and it just keeps repeating after each gear shift (that's if you have enough road left ahead!)

Fathi - Beirut, Lebanon

And our spring sale is still on...

Last edited by John D II; 04-21-2018 at 11:18 PM.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:03 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks for all the orders, Rennlist members - you know who you are! What a great response to this years spring sale. One week left for anyone wishing to join in.....
Old 05-02-2018, 11:17 AM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

For anyone that is interested - We are keeping this sale open through Friday, May 4th!
Old 05-02-2018, 10:25 PM
kjresener
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Happy customer here! I’ve had my 2.5 inch x pipe with 200 cell cats for a couple months now and it sounds great! Have had two compliments on the sound from random strangers this week alone.
Was maybe a little more quiet than I had hoped for in the beginning but it has definitely loosened up and sounds fantastic now. Glad I made the purchase and would recommend to anyone interested in making the car sound like it should have been from factory!
Old 05-11-2018, 01:51 PM
gt9118
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I took advantage of the spring sale! Before I get too far into it let me say..... well done SpeedTech well done..... This is my 4th attempt at an exhaust on my turbo. Frist was a catted 2.5 x pipe with mufflers from xxxx company. The exhaust was a notch louder than stock. The tips that came along with it were a joke. They were so bad I decided to keep my stock ones on it in fear of getting made fun of. In my attempt to make xxx company's exhaust louder I went with a catless setup. This help a little with exhaust noise, but that's what is was.... noise. I then wanted to experiment with straight pipes. I lasted about a week and a half. I wanted a loud exhaust, but straight pipe drone will rattle your brains. So, three weeks ago after reading all the reviews about speedtech I ordered the 3.0 catless X pipe. I installed the exhaust last night, fired the car up and yowzers. Cold start is as loud as straight pipes. I didn't panic, and let the car warm up. Once it settle down the sound was amazing. Pulled out of my driveway and the first thing I notice is 0 drone. I could easily get out of my neighborhood without sounding like a top fuel dragster. Once on the road its hard to explain the sound that comes out of the exhaust as its completely different from anything I've heard come out of a Porsche Turbo. The best I can describe the exhaust sound is that every sound that comes out of the exhaust has a purpose rather than annoying noise. Its loud but very smooth and raspy. Speedtech has somehow taken the drone noise out of the equation. Simply amazing. I highly recommend this exhaust. Youtube does not do the exhaust justice. (as everyone has stated) Overall construction was great. The tips are perfect. Looks good, sounds good, and reasonably priced for an exhaust.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:47 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks so much for the kind words and very complimentary review. We totally understand your position, what you have gone through in your search for the right exhaust and what you are experiencing with your new SpeedTech 3.0 X-Pipe. We feel it is exactly as you describe it, very unique to the Porsche Turbo aftermarket exhaust market.
We put a lot of R&D into refining our systems and optimizing the character of the sound and it is very rewarding when we see customers as thrilled as yourself, as a result of our efforts. With all the choices in the market these days, I would like to personally thank you so much for the confidence you placed in us! Enjoy....

Best Regards,

John
Old 05-17-2018, 03:03 PM
911.Forever
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Hi John: I just placed an order for your 3.0 X-pipe, cats and 3" tips. After considerable homework I'm comfortable you will under promise and over deliver! Thank-you much for all of your, and Chad's assistance. Harry
Old 05-17-2018, 03:06 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hi Harry,

Thanks so much for the order! We truly appreciate the business and the confidence you have placed in us!

John
Old 03-26-2019, 12:43 AM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Our 2019 Spring Sale is on! Contact us for special sale pricing. This sale runs for 1 week beginning today.

Quick Reply: SpeedTech 2018 Spring Sale Is On!