Sponsored by:

New Porsche TT Owner Joys and Woes

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 07:16 PM
ccsfd
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoscOtis
Hmmmm? How to best describe the launch? Sport mode on / PASM Off (no traction control) - When I stage the car I mash the brake and press the gas pedal until I feel a "kick down" in the pedal. It's ever so slight so you have to be cognizant of it (Do not fully push the pedal to the floor). Just want to reiterate this is a launch technique for an automatic Tiptronic car. The car will build boost. Watch the boost on your center display. You only need about 7lbs to pull you out of the hole. I will watch the boost build on the pre stage bulb then bump it in using my foot brake with my ebrake as an assist. Just remember to fully release your ebrake when you launch. Hope this helps. It works well for me. I'm used to using a staging brake so the ebrake along with my foot brake feels comfortable to me.

The Cobb stage 2 is OTS, not the drag tune. I'm working with Fabspeed now on a specific "Drag Tune".

Good Luck with it!

Shifter on "D" or 1st manually selected?
Thanks mate, saw your other post with the 10.7 very impressive, cant wait to try mine, I'm waiting for my 3" catless exhaust,already got the Cobb.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:55 PM
RoscOtis
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ccsfd
Shifter on "D" or 1st manually selected?
Thanks mate, saw your other post with the 10.7 very impressive, cant wait to try mine, I'm waiting for my 3" catless exhaust,already got the Cobb.
Yes on D. You can try manual if you want but I prefer to let the Tip do the work.

good luck! Keep us posted on your endeavors!
Old 04-14-2018, 08:13 PM
cstyles
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by cakM3
Personally, I find threads like this very informative and appreciate the people who take the time to detail what they have been going thru.

I have had my 997.1tt for about two trouble-free years now and consider myself to be lucky I guess. I still have a lot to learn coming from the BMW community but I have to say being back in a Porsche has been nothing but rewarding so far. I plan to have my cooling pipes replaced and pinned with sharkwerks piping when that time comes. So far I have not had any issues with my OE cooling piping. As for the cams, I will deal with that when the time comes... not sure if I will do a preventive maintenance on this but then I might... I'm still figuring out the priorities for my car.
I think the cam pinning job is very large ie the motor not only comes out, but comes apart. You would never do this job as PM as it doesn't damage anything if it does occur - you just lose the variocam functionality. In fact some guys have had the cam spin a full 360 degrees where the oiling holes line up again and everything goes back to normal LOL. Absolutely no reason to do this job as preventative maintenance, unlike the coolant fittings for which there are reasonable arguments to do so - as noted in this thread.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:49 PM
RoscOtis
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cstyles
I think the cam pinning job is very large ie the motor not only comes out, but comes apart. You would never do this job as PM as it doesn't damage anything if it does occur - you just lose the variocam functionality. In fact some guys have had the cam spin a full 360 degrees where the oiling holes line up again and everything goes back to normal LOL. Absolutely no reason to do this job as preventative maintenance, unlike the coolant fittings for which there are reasonable arguments to do so - as noted in this thread.
Thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: New Porsche TT Owner Joys and Woes