Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manual 997.2 - who bought recently?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 01:03 AM
Rambler_13
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

[QUOTE=Dodaleca;14887778]You could see if option 640 was listed on the build sheet (original or from VIN) or present on the build sticker ( if one can be found).[/QUOTE

Dealer installs show up on the build sheet? First I ever heard of this unless maybe it was added upon original delivery where it could be added to the window sticker. But I think you misunderstood my question, I know what the factory option is and this one does not have it.

Last edited by Rambler_13; 03-22-2018 at 01:18 AM.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:38 AM
Rambler_13
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 650kid
I was over there looking at some of the other inventory, but naturally I had to ask about the turbos. Lot of cool inventory.
Do you know or did you meet Ryan? I chatted back and forth with him a couple times back when I was considering trading my Turbo for a GT3 he had. Seemed like a nice guy but we ended up not even being close on prices on either end.

Old 03-22-2018, 03:48 AM
RxDruggist
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought mines in January from Hennesy Porsche. Had all options except pccb. GT silver, one owner car and was able to have it cpo'ed. Saw it on autotrader.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:41 AM
650kid
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 63 Posts

I don’t think anything your porsche dealer installs (even when OEM) gets added to the build sheet. It won’t show up on a COA.

Originally Posted by Rambler_13

Do you know or did you meet Ryan? I chatted back and forth with him a couple times back when I was considering trading my Turbo for a GT3 he had. Seemed like a nice guy but we ended up not even being close on prices on either end.

I do know Ryan. He’s a really nice guy who grew up loving cars. I think over time he amassed a pretty large and special collection of cars and it got to a point where he decided to start RFMC. A lot of these cars he’s owned for years before getting his dealers license. The spec on his CGT is unreal...

You were looking at the guards red GT3?
Old 03-22-2018, 10:11 AM
Dodaleca
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts

[QUOTE=Rambler_13;14887820]
Originally Posted by Dodaleca
You could see if option 640 was listed on the build sheet (original or from VIN) or present on the build sticker ( if one can be found).[/QUOTE

Dealer installs show up on the build sheet? First I ever heard of this unless maybe it was added upon original delivery where it could be added to the window sticker. But I think you misunderstood my question, I know what the factory option is and this one does not have it.
Yes I did misinterpret your question - I thought you meant it had the sport chrono clock and you wanted to see if it was factory installed.

Didn't 997.2 Turbo sport choro also add dynamic engine mounts as well?
Old 03-22-2018, 11:32 AM
Rambler_13
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=Dodaleca;14888491]
[left]

Yes I did misinterpret your question - I thought you meant it had the sport chrono clock and you wanted to see if it was factory installed.

Didn't 997.2 Turbo sport choro also add dynamic engine mounts as well?
Yes, it did and I'm not sure if the dealer install also includes the mounts (if not, even more reason to have spec'd this). I know with 997.2 GT3s where DEMs were not spec'd, they could be added on later so long as the car came the wiring harness/pigtails to allow you to retrofit if wanted. But I don't know if the same applies for the Turbos.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:40 AM
Rambler_13
Rennlist Member

I don’t think anything your porsche dealer installs (even when OEM) gets added to the build sheet. It won’t show up on a COA.

I do know Ryan. He’s a really nice guy who grew up loving cars. I think over time he amassed a pretty large and special collection of cars and it got to a point where he decided to start RFMC. A lot of these cars he’s owned for years before getting his dealers license. The spec on his CGT is unreal...

You were looking at the guards red GT3?

Yes, the GR GT3 which he mentioned he was selling for a close friend of his. Unfortunately, there were too many unknowns with the car to get me comfortable with it - No service history or records with 6 previous owners, Ryan wouldn't go through with a PPI at my cost (although he did get a dme readout which was really clean). He just said that the car must be perfect because of the low miles and the current owner is rich and meticulous, etc. It may have been a perfectly fine example, it was just frustrating that I couldn't get simple questions answered or any history about the car. For example, the owner couldn't even confirm whether it had PPF on it or had the coolant pipes pinned which didn't seem in line with someone who is meticulous and a perfectionist about their cars.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:30 PM
650kid
Rennlist Member

6 owners is a lot - I didn't know that. But when I saw the car there it was in pristine condition. Nice spec too (full leather dash/seats looked really nice on a GT car). I'm shocked to hear he wouldn't send it out for PPI though, especially with how close Porsche of Roslyn and South Shore Porsche are to him. Now that we're talking about it I texted him to see what happened with the car. Apparently he still has it - he's been sorting through front axel lift issue. Maybe ring him if you're still interested.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:07 PM
Misplacedyankee
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

6 owners is a lot - I didn't know that. But when I saw the car there it was in pristine condition. Nice spec too (full leather dash/seats looked really nice on a GT car). I'm shocked to hear he wouldn't send it out for PPI though, especially with how close Porsche of Roslyn and South Shore Porsche are to him. Now that we're talking about it I texted him to see what happened with the car. Apparently he still has it - he's been sorting through front axel lift issue. Maybe ring him if you're still interested.
They won't send it for a PPI? Thats not good. Absurd.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:03 PM
Rambler_13
Rennlist Member

Yeah, the 6 owners was on the Carfax. He thought the seller was the 2nd owner so always good to check. It was strange that he didn't want to do the PPI, but it may have been because he already had another buyer lined up who didn't care about a PPI and didn't want to waste time with me nitpicking. He had the car all lined up for inspection too at P of Roslyn but ended up only getting the DME report. Interesting about the axle lift - that was one of my questions that he was able to answer and he said it was working fine!

He gave me a low, sight unseen offer for my car, so even if the GT3 was perfect, we were still too far apart. But thanks for reaching out about it. My guess is that it'll also need some general maintenance and coolant pipes pinned.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:40 PM
Rambler_13
Rennlist Member

Back on topic, I'd be curious to hear Ryan's take on the 997.2 Turbo market based on the 2 he has for sale. Again, I'm surprised they haven't moved and he keeps dropping the asking prices. They both seem spec'd pretty well. Neither has PTV/LSD but a proper LSD can definitely be added if preferred.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:29 AM
mobilegun
Intermediate

i talked to him too about both when they just popped up, had him send me a couple pics, but the numbers were just a bit high imo. weird about the PPI... i recently found one but it wasn't a short search. pricing over the past year has been about even if not a slight uptick but thats not overly mathematical, just based on a few (~10 or so) i was tracking/interested in.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:59 AM
650kid
Rennlist Member

Maybe he's had 95K a few times but feels like he's leaving money on the table? I'm equally as surprised, especially on the 12'. Last year made and that particular car looked like it had been sitting in a plastic bubble.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:58 PM
mobilegun
Intermediate

Maybe he's had 95K a few times but feels like he's leaving money on the table? I'm equally as surprised, especially on the 12'. Last year made and that particular car looked like it had been sitting in a plastic bubble.
I think some of them will just sit on the car and wait for the buyer who is willing to just pull the trigger on it (theres a few that have been lingering for sale for 6+months, etc). some may be weekending the cars themselves (depending on size/nature of the "dealership").
Old 04-11-2018, 03:42 PM
650kid
Rennlist Member

Back on topic, I'd be curious to hear Ryan's take on the 997.2 Turbo market based on the 2 he has for sale. Again, I'm surprised they haven't moved and he keeps dropping the asking prices. They both seem spec'd pretty well. Neither has PTV/LSD but a proper LSD can definitely be added if preferred.
Looks like the 12' sold

Quick Reply: Manual 997.2 - who bought recently?