Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennline Adjustable Engine Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 11:20 AM
cstyles
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 91 Posts

I did not change the transmission mount. Considering that the blue 'sport' engine mount inserts gave me a bit too much added volume in the cabin (with no perceivable difference in performance), I'm hesitant to install a transmission mount. I understand they add significantly more noise into the cabin than semi-solid motor mounts.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:23 AM
512bb
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks. I know which way I am going now! Thanks again.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:25 AM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by cstyles
I did not change the transmission mount. Considering that the blue 'sport' engine mount inserts gave me a bit too much added volume in the cabin (with no perceivable difference in performance), I'm hesitant to install a transmission mount. I understand they add significantly more noise into the cabin than semi-solid motor mounts.
I've heard the same regarding transmission mounts. I may try the orange inserts from Function First after I install the RS mounts.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:08 PM
WaddyP
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered the sport / yellow Function first inserts and hope to get them in next week. The Rennline motor mounts are next on the list.
Old 11-11-2018, 11:25 AM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 101 Posts

Give us some feedback after install!
Old 11-12-2018, 02:36 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 583 Likes on 326 Posts

Thanks for the information and for your description of the difference "better" motor mounts make in a manual TT car. My car is undergoing some major upgrades/maintenance and one of the items I added were the 993RS motor mounts...I have heard really good things on what to expect, especially on a lowered manual car and can't weight to drive her when she is all buttoned up later this week (or next week?).
Old 01-08-2020, 02:58 PM
Derek997ABQ
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

So happy to hear this. My 997 is my first 911 and I thought this tail wagging was a function of being a rear engine car. I was pretty much ready to go back to BMWs with 50/50 weight distribution because I found the tail wagging unsettling. At whatever point I get my car back, this will be my next mod. I would rejoice if this tightens up the rear and makes the car handle the way I thought it was going to.
Old 01-09-2020, 02:32 PM
lliejk
Three Wheelin'

Received 389 Likes on 275 Posts

The rear engine design of any 911 is going to dictate how it handles. Your choices in tires, shocks/springs, motor/trans mounts and sway bars all will contribute to that, but at the end of the day, if you mash the throttle mid turn you will push the back end of the car around.

You might benefit from attending a DE event so you can get to know the car's characteristics and use them to your advantage. As with any vehicle, being smooth with your inputs and not upsetting the suspension is as important as each of these components in determine how fast in/out you can manage a turn. There is a reason that medical emergency chopper pilots call 911's "Surgeon Killers", and it has less to do with the mechanical aspects of the car and more of what the guy in the driver seat is doing to it.

Ed
Old 11-28-2020, 11:24 AM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

I promised I would post the knock sensor data using the OEM mounts as well as the Rennline mounts. Here it is.

Rennline engine mounts using the yellow 75A durometer inserts appear to have no effect on the knock sensors. Here are two pulls, both stock ECU mapping without tuning. The top one is with the oem mounts, to the top of 3rd gear. Bottom graph is with the rennline mounts, full 3rd all the way to top of 4th gear pull. Note the Y axis scales are different, but both before and after show retardation of only ~2.25 degrees in just a single cylinder.

So, there we have it.

This is a great review and also great data posted. This proves the claims of sensor knock being effected by Semi Solid engine mounts to be unwarranted, I look forward to installing my Rennline with the yellow inserts. Thank you for sharing this.
Old 11-28-2020, 11:37 AM
512bb
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Para82
This is a great review and also great data posted. This proves the claims of sensor knock being effected by Semi Solid engine mounts to be unwarranted, I look forward to installing my Rennline with the yellow inserts. Thank you for sharing this.
Awesome, thank you for the follow-up!
Old 02-22-2023, 08:25 PM
russellclaude
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I started with the blue, and although I hear a little more engine noise (very mechanical vs pneumatic) its not that bad in my 997.1 C2S. I like them so far... 2 hours in haha!

Quick Reply: Rennline Adjustable Engine Mounts