Sponsored by:

Agency Power rear wings ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 11:07 AM
GazC2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Agency Power rear wings ?

Does anyone have any experience with this company in regards fit and finish of the wings , I woukd like to fit a GT2 style wing but quite like this compromise of fitting the wider wing to the existing spoiler

http://www.agency-power.com/catalog/...1cp0gtcu31rh80
Old 08-27-2015, 01:24 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Do not buy anything from Agency. It is complete crap. It's made by Vivid and they are scum. Please take this seriously. You don't want to get involved with Dan from Vivid. He is a snake and customer service does not exist. You really have to pay up if you want a rear wing. Porsche aero kit or Tech Art. There are probably a few other good ones out there. Keep looking and see if you can see the wing on a car and chat with the owner about quality. Run it by here first.. All the best
Old 08-27-2015, 01:56 PM
therock88
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by phillipj
Do not buy anything from Agency. It is complete crap. It's made by Vivid and they are scum. Please take this seriously. You don't want to get involved with Dan from Vivid. He is a snake and customer service does not exist. You really have to pay up if you want a rear wing. Porsche aero kit or Tech Art. There are probably a few other good ones out there. Keep looking and see if you can see the wing on a car and chat with the owner about quality. Run it by here first.. All the best
Ha....^^^^What he said X10^32

DC
Old 08-27-2015, 03:00 PM
GazC2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for that Guys I will keep looking (Elsewhere) these guys have genuine ones for sale a bit spendy though

http://teile.com/en/search/gt2_wing
Old 08-27-2015, 03:50 PM
phillipj
Drifting

It's a very expensive mod. No alternative that's reasonably priced.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:07 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OP I've seen some of these aftermarket wings in person and they are hit or miss when it comes to quality and fit. Do a search for bumpers and wings on any porsche, BMW, lambo forum for Misha Designs, VRT, Vivid etc and read the horror stories.

The majority of aftermarket body panels are made from vacuum formed plastic or fiberglass that is not a direct plug & play OEM quality fit and requires significant rework at a body shop to get an acceptable fit, so there is a hidden cost you need to consider. Even then, the material can feel and look cheap, IMO you have to see it in person to know exactly what you're getting. Werks1 carbon fiber spoiler is the only product I have experience with that was OEM quality & fit out of the box, but they are expensive and there's probably a reason for it.

As an aside, Phillip is a solid contributor here and has direct experience with Vivid products so I would strongly suggest you take his advice seriously.

Good Luck
Art
Old 08-27-2015, 06:31 PM
phillipj
Drifting

LOL! Yes please!
Old 08-28-2015, 12:54 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I can vouch for Phil 100%
Old 04-02-2016, 04:22 PM
halo777
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by GazC2
Thanks for that Guys I will keep looking (Elsewhere) these guys have genuine ones for sale a bit spendy though

http://teile.com/en/search/gt2_wing

I recently went to order a bunch of stuff from their TEILE.COM, as they have an amazing selection of used OEM parts.... or so it seems.

When I asked about a rear GT3 RS 997.1 rear bumper that was shown on their site, they said they didnt have one. Then I went to order about 12 brand new parts that were listed on their site. I didnt think there would be any issue with the new stuff.

Wrong... they only had five of the 12 parts I placed an order for, and didnt make any effort to get the other parts for me.

Their customer service is very quick and professional. Items were shipped pretty fast, but Im still waiting for them to arrive (which is no surprise since they are coming from Europe)

It seems like a really good resource, but we'll see when the parts arrive.

In any case, dont rely on their website for stock levels. Even with the new stuff.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:09 AM
El Dario Loco
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've heard good things about cargraphic regarding fitment and quality, supposed to be on par with techart. Not the cheapest but still better than oem. I've just ordered a GT2 style rear wing last week and can report back after I get it installed.

Was originally planning on a vorsteiner vrt body kit but learned that they recently stopped making it for the 997. Guess I waited too long... 😭
Old 04-03-2016, 10:35 AM
triplenet
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just recently installed an AP front spoiler and very happy with it... fit and finish excellent ...

ordered the rear wing last week will see how it turns out ..

I have heard some of the issues with Vivid and AP ... but my experience has been fine ...

Last edited by triplenet; 04-03-2016 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:23 PM
AlexluvsTTs
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by triplenet
just recently installed an AP front spoiler and very happy with it... fit and finish excellent ...

ordered the rear wing last week will see how it turns out ..

I have heard some of the issues with Vivid and AP ... but my experience has been fine ...

Triplenet, any updates on the AP rear wing? I too was considering going with the AP X50 wing....until I came across this thread!
Old 04-13-2016, 10:22 AM
triplenet
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AlexluvsTTs
Triplenet, any updates on the AP rear wing? I too was considering going with the AP X50 wing....until I came across this thread!
Actually didn't order it ..... thinking about either a wrap like yours or finding something slightly more aggressive ...
Old 04-14-2016, 03:42 AM
MadScience
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've seen some unfortunate rear wings on a couple cars in person recently. Ugh. I'm not sure how someone put that on and pulled out of their garage without reverting back.

They were really bad. Not Rauh Welt "shabby chick" cool. -- He makes his stuff work. They were just bad. I'd rather be on stage wearing my worst underwear with my fly down than to be seen driving with one of those wings.

FWIW, I have an e-bay aero lip on my car at the moment (with my driveway, it's a wear item that does little for performance), and it's not perfect either, but looks no where near as bad as a bad rear wing.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:23 PM
halo777
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by halo777
I recently went to order a bunch of stuff from their TEILE.COM, as they have an amazing selection of used OEM parts.... or so it seems.

When I asked about a rear GT3 RS 997.1 rear bumper that was shown on their site, they said they didnt have one. Then I went to order about 12 brand new parts that were listed on their site. I didnt think there would be any issue with the new stuff.

Wrong... they only had five of the 12 parts I placed an order for, and didnt make any effort to get the other parts for me.

Their customer service is very quick and professional. Items were shipped pretty fast, but Im still waiting for them to arrive (which is no surprise since they are coming from Europe)

It seems like a really good resource, but we'll see when the parts arrive.

In any case, dont rely on their website for stock levels. Even with the new stuff.
UPDATE

Two months after I placed my order with TEILE and made payment via Paypal, and I finally got a full refund from Paypal. My order was deemed lost by CanadaPost a month ago, but I had to open a dispute, and then finally a claim with Paypal, to finally get a refund.

This is the first time I have had something lost in the mail, so I dont know how long these things normally take to get sorted. But the final refund wasnt offered from Teile. It came from Paypal after they decided the case in my favor.

This whole thing has been very frustrating. I had hoped to have the parts for Spring, and now two months in, and I am back at square one.

I am just finalizing a large order with Sunset Porsche, and they have been amazing so far, during the ordering process. Hopefully all will go well, and I can finally get my GT3 bumper installed this Summer.

Quick Reply: Agency Power rear wings ?