Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   997 Turbo Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turbo-forum-139/)
-   -   Do I Need a DSC Controller? (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turbo-forum/1055961-do-i-need-a-dsc-controller.html)

4ocious 03-10-2018 08:02 AM

Do I Need a DSC Controller?

I may eventually and occasionally track my TTS. I have an opportunity to buy a DSC for a lot less then retail. Do I really need it? My TTS spends a lot of time in my garage and only escapes on nice days. Will I notice any difference during normal non-sport driving? I've read a lot of good reports about them and those who own one like it, but they also track their cars. Your thoughts please?

estrellajon 03-10-2018 08:03 AM

I want to know as well

triplenet 03-10-2018 08:41 AM

short answer,,,,,, YES ...... one of the best mods you can do - especially for occasional track days

TrackJunke 03-10-2018 10:04 AM

I was a skeptic but now a convert. Even for strictly street driven car it is a very nice upgrade. Settles the suspension down quite a bit and help with handling of mid corner bumps/rough roads. More controlled and comfortable then stock.

skyak 03-10-2018 10:06 AM

Such a great mod. I highly recommend it.

djillusion 03-10-2018 10:42 AM

Yes! There is no question what-so-ever.

Rambler_13 03-10-2018 01:20 PM

4ocious, I have one on order which I plan to install along with my exhaust when it comes in. Like you, I plan to do an occasional track day and figured this was a safe mod that seems highly recommended. I'll be paying full retail though!

4ocious 03-10-2018 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Rambler_13 (Post 14859936)
4ocious, I have one on order which I plan to install along with my exhaust when it comes in. Like you, I plan to do an occasional track day and figured this was a safe mod that seems highly recommended. I'll be paying full retail though!

Watch the parts for sale and member classifieds. I've always had good luck there and it's nice to deal with Porsche people. I'll post my impressions once my DSC is installed. I "hope" it makes the difference I've heard and read about. Next on the list are new PS4's and a Cobb PDK flash. I'm also considering an ECU flash and an exhaust. Time and available spendable $$$$ will tell.

BTW I'm jealous of your 11 6MT TT! Great choice and a real keeper.

WaltB 03-10-2018 04:10 PM

Yes! Best bang for your buck suspension wise.

Walt

Dodaleca 03-10-2018 04:45 PM

I've got a new one sitting on a garage shelf and am anxiously waiting until springtime when I can get the car out of winter storage to do a proper before and after comparison.

I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised with the results.

Rambler_13 03-10-2018 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by 4ocious (Post 14860137)
Watch the parts for sale and member classifieds. I've always had good luck there and it's nice to deal with Porsche people. I'll post my impressions once my DSC is installed. I "hope" it makes the difference I've heard and read about. Next on the list are new PS4's and a Cobb PDK flash. I'm also considering an ECU flash and an exhaust. Time and available spendable $$$$ will tell.

BTW I'm jealous of your 11 6MT TT! Great choice and a real keeper.

They seem to sell quick in the classifieds, a testament to their popularity! I would see them pop up for sale periodically when I wasn't really looking to buy one. In any case, the new price is not too bad all things considered and over time, it'll hopefully be worth it. It'll also be good to sit down with the shop owner (who sets up race Porsches) to discuss optimal settings for nearby roads and tracks so I don't mind giving him the business and he won't charge me to install. Thanks for the compliments on the car, I love it as well. I traded my 991.1 TTS for it. But I also envy speed yellow, one of my favs and love seeing your avatar!

512bb 03-10-2018 06:08 PM

Son............. you don't need a DSC................. you WANT a DSC!!!

Pull and Nike and just do it. You'll thank us later.

JG 996T 03-11-2018 09:22 AM

Yup. :thumbup:

atcbi5 03-11-2018 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Rambler_13 (Post 14860390)
They seem to sell quick in the classifieds, a testament to their popularity! I would see them pop up for sale periodically when I wasn't really looking to buy one. In any case, the new price is not too bad all things considered and over time, it'll hopefully be worth it. It'll also be good to sit down with the shop owner (who sets up race Porsches) to discuss optimal settings for nearby roads and tracks so I don't mind giving him the business and he won't charge me to install. Thanks for the compliments on the car, I love it as well. I traded my 991.1 TTS for it. But I also envy speed yellow, one of my favs and love seeing your avatar!

Quick in the classifieds, that’s what I find confusing. I don’t see Europipes in the classifieds, Dension, or other proven aftermarket parts. No thanks, skipping the DSC hype. If it was that good people wouldn’t be selling them often.

JG 996T 03-11-2018 11:35 AM

I’ve seen all of the above sell quickly in the classifieds. I bought DSC and DEnsion new during promo and group buy.