Poll: 997.2 Turbo S exhaust choice - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
View Poll Results: Exhaust choice for 997.2 turbo S
Cartographic loud
2.04%
Europipe
42.86%
Leave it stock
6.12%
Something else
48.98%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: 997.2 Turbo S exhaust choice

Old 03-12-2018, 10:25 PM
bmwtmx
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have had most of the exhausts on this list in my 997TT or my 996TT and GT2. I have had loud and catless but the loud ones I installed had nasty drones and got annoying. Catless didn't seem to improve performance much and I hated myself for driving without them. I don't think any really make bad noise but but some are made like crap and you question that. My favorite is my current Kline exhaust in quiet with 3" cats (I think). It has no drone at all and makes great noise when revving. It is almost disappointingly quiet at low speeds but I think that is me just getting used to it. It looks like a high quality piece as well.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:56 PM
gbooth
Addict
Rennlist Member

All great info. I have a gt3rs that I did cross pipes on and that is intoxicating when rpm is greater than 4000. I’m looking for something similar to that. I will need to run a catted system because I’m in California. At this point, I’m going to try and listen to a few and see what I like. As a previous poster mentioned. The 9A1 engine sounds different and I want to make the exhaust tone match the amazing power of the car
Old 03-13-2018, 12:14 AM
etchhead
User

I just received my new to me 2010 Turbo (bought sight unseen) and am absolutely loving the car and performance. I was told the car was Stock and was surprised that it sounded so good after reading all of the reviews on exhausts and need to upgrade. I crawled under the car and noticed it had the Sharkwerks post cat System with Stock tips. It’s nothing like my GT3 or GT350R, but his is supposed to be a different kind of car.

At at some point in near future I’ll be doing a few DEs and suspect the OEM cats will rob some power, but I’m Stock tune (for now) and want just stretch her legs a bit.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:57 AM
gbooth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by etchhead View Post
I just received my new to me 2010 Turbo (bought sight unseen) and am absolutely loving the car and performance. I was told the car was Stock and was surprised that it sounded so good after reading all of the reviews on exhausts and need to upgrade. I crawled under the car and noticed it had the Sharkwerks post cat System with Stock tips. It’s nothing like my GT3 or GT350R, but his is supposed to be a different kind of car.

At at some point in near future I’ll be doing a few DEs and suspect the OEM cats will rob some power, but I’m Stock tune (for now) and want just stretch her legs a bit.
congrats on the new car! Mine came to me and we can go. So I am in the same boat as you. Did my first driving experience and have a really great time. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. Cheers!
Old 03-13-2018, 11:02 AM
gogoevo
User

Originally Posted by D.Kinsey View Post
Speedtech is pretty damn nice, sounds great and looks great! I'm always being asked about it.

This - and reasonably priced as well.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:42 AM
butzigear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by etchhead View Post

They do sound amazing, especially when they are opened up some. As far as stock cats, they are the bottleneck in these cars and more so on the 991s. For all out performance sport cats or catless would be the way to go. You would need to do these mods in conjunction with a properly matched cat back to keep the sound levels manageable. There are a few combinations you could run for optimal performance and aggressive sound - without going overboard and keeping it enjoyable (/amazing). Here is a shot of a Kline exhaust sent in by my client Robby in AL. We went with a catless set up with mufflers to give a medium semi-aggressive sound, great power/response with no drone. He's loving it! Next is a custom tune to match the exhaust and intake mods (in his near future).

David Esposito

owner/operator
Butzi Gear LLC - a Porsche centric speed shop in Milford, CT.
Personalized consulting, parts, tuning, customizing & complete builds for those that LOVE to drive
Contact David at:
[email protected] or call 203-713-8089 - we ship worldwide.
Akrapovic • BBI • BBS Motorsport • Brembo • Ceramic Pro • COBB • ERP • Fifteen52 • Fikse • GIAC • IPD
JRZ • Kline • Momo • KW • Ohlins • Porsche Motorsport • Recaro • Rennline • Tarett Engineering • XPEL & More
Old 03-14-2018, 03:05 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I would take one good look & listen to this 997 Turbo iPE exhaust and try to locate one near you in Cali because the sounds is beyond words.

+28 hp and + 14 ft-lbs of torque aren't too bad either. Contact me directly for more details.

HRE's Largest Dealer in the World // ANRKY's Largest Dealer in the World // Vorsteiner's Largest Dealer
David Nussbaum // 786 249 0127 (ext.2109) // [email protected]
BBS / Forgeline / Akrapovic / iPE / TechArt / Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory / Nitto / Pirelli / Michelin / Dunlop / Goodyear / Falken / Continental and tons more....
Old 03-14-2018, 04:52 PM
onefastman
User

Here you go.

I bet you could get a good deal on it. I absolutely love mine, the ability to have 4 different sound levels (valves open/closed & sport mode on/off) is just perfect.

Also, don’t hesitate to go used. They are well made and it’s not like the metal is going to wear out!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...7-2-turbo.html

Originally Posted by WheelsB View Post
I would take one good look & listen to this 997 Turbo iPE exhaust and try to locate one near you in Cali because the sounds is beyond words.

+28 hp and + 14 ft-lbs of torque aren't too bad either. Contact me directly for more details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grF0hB8CDYM

Last edited by onefastman; 03-14-2018 at 04:53 PM. Reason: forgot link
Old 03-15-2018, 01:02 AM
Rambler_13
Addict
Rennlist Member

That iPE sounds great, I would definitely consider that new or used. Exhaust sound is such a personal preference, this was the video that sold me on the AWE that I currently have on order.

Old 03-15-2018, 01:10 AM
gbooth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sounds great! Love hearing your reviews. Keep ‘me coming!
Old 03-15-2018, 10:19 AM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Here is a customer supplied video of the SpeedTech 997.2TT 3.0 catless X-Pipe w/ SpeedTech full 3" dual tips

Old 03-15-2018, 10:48 AM
o7silverturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just go straight pipes no cats....let the people hear the music
Old 03-15-2018, 01:21 PM
Jedi
Addict
Rennlist Member

Would like to hear Turbo S with Cats and the 2 1/2 inch crossover
Old 03-16-2018, 02:57 AM
gbooth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
Would like to hear Turbo S with Cats and the 2 1/2 inch crossover
me too
Old 03-16-2018, 10:56 AM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Here is a video of a SpeedTech 2.5" X-Flow system. It is just slightly louder than OEM, which is why most customers choose a 3" system. If all you desire is a slight increase in sound with improved sound "quality" or tone, then the 2.5" X-Pipe is the right choice for you....

Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: