Sponsored by:

997TT rear camber adjustment bolt issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 05:03 AM
RajuPatel
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Default 997TT rear camber adjustment bolt issue

i have the BILSTEIN B16 DampTronic installed with TechArt Nose Lift function. I have swapped all other stock suspension and replaced them with Tarett adjustable arms and links/dog bones etc. I have also installed the ER adjustable caster arm. recently i sent the car to the dealership in Mumbai, India to have the alignment done to my set up (-2.0 front camber, -1.5 rear camber, 0.02 deg. s toe in front)while i was out of station. The dealer sent me a video saying that the rear camber adjustable "eccentric" bolt threads are "worn" and we will need to "change the engine sub frame" on which it rests. I was surprised to hear this since the lower is shim adjustable and that there was NO NEED to touch the eccentric bolt for achieving additional negative camber. AM I RIGHT?
Old 03-21-2018, 12:10 PM
XPC5
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The bolt may need to be replaced if the the threads are bad, but there are no threads in the subframe, just a slot for that adjuster to move around in. Even with shimmed arms, you could use the eccentric to fine tune and even out the settings left to right. That keeps the arms the same length and the geometry the same left to right, which is how our car is done.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:16 AM
RajuPatel
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

"The bolt may need to be replaced if the the threads are bad, but there are no threads in the subframe, just a slot for that adjuster to move around in" I thought as much. Thank you for confirming the same. The PORSCHE service centre guys WERE trying to con me.

Quick Reply: 997TT rear camber adjustment bolt issue