Sponsored by:

Where to get PTS examples?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 12:33 PM
nuclearfishin
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Where to get PTS examples?

I need a change from the meteor grey and was thinking about getting a wrap for my car. I'd like to keep the color in the Porsche family and was wondering if anybody knows where I can get sample swatches for the PTS colors? The shop that will do the wrap has tons of choices, but I'd like to keep it as close of a match as possible. I'm afraid I'm going to think I ordered Miami Blue and then I get it home and it looks like a Smurf. Or I'm thinking about gelbgrun green and when I get it home it's going to look like Shrek. Lol. I'm also not opposed to getting something like the Gulf paint scheme, or even the current GTLM paint job. I track the car frequently so don't mind bright colors that stand out on the track. Any opinions? I plan on keeping the car a long time so am not worried about resale, especially since it's completely reversible. Thanks!
Old 02-22-2018, 08:53 PM
MK_TT
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Either Miami Blue or Gelbgrun would look great IMO if your going for a bright color.

For swatches, can you reference the OEM color code?
Old 02-23-2018, 03:34 PM
nuclearfishin
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MK_TT
Either Miami Blue or Gelbgrun would look great IMO if your going for a bright color.

For swatches, can you reference the OEM color code?
I can get the OEM color code, however I'm not sure how to tell if its a good match for example to 3M's version of a similar color. Ideally i'd like to have a swatch to compare side by side before I decide. I did see where you can order model testers paint online using the OEM paint code. Maybe I should order a few colors and try that.

Quick Reply: Where to get PTS examples?