New Clutch and LSD - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

New Clutch and LSD

Old 03-12-2018, 12:34 PM
T10Chris
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DaveCarrera4 View Post
They say the Carrera GT clutch (ceramic) is a handful. How does carbon compare to stock?
Only handful if not driven properly. Carrera GT you do not give any throttle when starting from standstill, even on steep hill. Just release brake and slowly release clutch; the car's electronics control the take-off. If you give it throttle while letting out the clutch it has a fit and bucks like a bronco. It's very counter-intuitive.

It's also a carbon clutch in that btw small diameter I believe 7.25".
Old 03-12-2018, 12:35 PM
T10Chris
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by skyak View Post
It has a narrower engagement compared to the stock clutch, but totally slippable if needed. For example, to park my car I actually have to back my car up my inclined driveway, and to avoid scraping the aerokit front lip I have to come to an almost complete stop when the lip is transitioning from street to driveway. I can do this relatively painlessly with this clutch, which I think says a lot for its usability. The other big difference is how fast the revs respond during a shift (which I love), but I assume this has more to do with the SMFW.
smaller diameter clutch also plays a role. Less rotating mass and it is not as far away from the center of rotation which helps the moment of inertia.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:23 PM
skyak
Addict
Rennlist Member

My clutch conversion is now complete. The hydraulic assist is gone, replaced with a BBI slave cylinder, GT2 master cylinder and GT2 spring. The triple carbon clutch, smfw & wavetrac lsd are still working great. I am extremely happy with the final result. All work was done by Driver Source in Houston. Can not say enough about Steve and the team at Driver Source!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Clutch and LSD

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: