Sponsored by:

greater appreciation for PDK in sport+

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2023, 06:42 PM
tonupbklyn
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts
Default greater appreciation for PDK in sport+

not sure if this is merely butt "dyno" feeling, but i'm having a greater appreciation for the pdk shifts in sport plus mode.
i normally drive my .2TTS in sport only cuz i like to go back/forth from auto/manual throughout the course of a drive.
the higher shift range and stiffer suspension of sport plus...is less desirable given my local street and freeway driving.

however, most recently i've given a few goes in sport plus manual...allowing me greater control of shift points.
although the suspension is a bit more than i need, the shifts are noticeably sharper/quicker (almost unnoticeable, in fact) than running the paddles in normal or sport mode.

am i off, or is this in fact what sport plus is meant to do?
it's certainly re-energized my love for this .2TTS.
Old 04-23-2023, 11:42 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

That is, in fact, pretty much the only thing Sport Plus does vs. Sport. If you read the manual, all it says for Sport Plus is:

"In 'Sport Plus' mode, the PDK transmission changes to a shift program designed for driving on race circuits. 7th gear is not selected. THe gear changing performance is enhanced significantly again compared with 'Sport' mode."

Also, you can hit the PASM button when sport or sport plus is selected and toggle the shocks back to soft....

I'm a little confused by a few things you say:

Originally Posted by tonupbklyn
i normally drive my .2TTS in sport only cuz i like to go back/forth from auto/manual throughout the course of a drive.
Not sure what this has to do with Sport mode. What am I missing?

however, most recently i've given a few goes in sport plus manual...allowing me greater control of shift points.
although the suspension is a bit more than i need, the shifts are noticeably sharper/quicker (almost unnoticeable, in fact) than running the paddles in normal or sport mode.
What do you mean "greater control"?

Last edited by Needsdecaf; 04-23-2023 at 11:45 AM.
Old 04-24-2023, 10:21 AM
tonupbklyn
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
That is, in fact, pretty much the only thing Sport Plus does vs. Sport. If you read the manual, all it says for Sport Plus is:

"In 'Sport Plus' mode, the PDK transmission changes to a shift program designed for driving on race circuits. 7th gear is not selected. THe gear changing performance is enhanced significantly again compared with 'Sport' mode."

Also, you can hit the PASM button when sport or sport plus is selected and toggle the shocks back to soft....

I'm a little confused by a few things you say:

Not sure what this has to do with Sport mode. What am I missing?

What do you mean "greater control"?
not sure if this is merely butt "dyno" feeling, but i'm having a greater appreciation for the pdk shifts in sport plus mode.
the higher shift range and stiffer suspension of sport plus...is less desirable given my local street and freeway driving.

am i off, or is this in fact what sport plus is meant to do?
it's certainly re-energized my love for this .2TTS.
i was stating that i preferred being in sport mode due to the fact that i tend to switch back/forth auto/manual throughout a given drive. if i were in sport+ on auto mode, the shift points are too high when cruising around neighborhood streets.

and when i decide to go into sport+ mode, i'm staying strictly in manual mode due to that very reason...cuz i want to be able to shift at lower revs rather than letting the pdk wait until 7k to shift at every gear.
The following users liked this post:
Needsdecaf (04-24-2023)
Old 04-24-2023, 01:14 PM
Cnair
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

Yeah Sport plus in manual mode is a good setup for the street.

Last edited by Cnair; 04-24-2023 at 05:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Nacelle (04-27-2023)

Quick Reply: greater appreciation for PDK in sport+