Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question Regarding Alignment. Does it Push The Wheels Out?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 12:34 AM
Southpaw
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Question Regarding Alignment. Does it Push The Wheels Out?

I have a 997.2 turbo on centerlock GT2RS/GT3RS wheels. The front offsets sit very flush with the front fenders due to the OEM fender flares on the RS cars but the rears are sunken in. To me, this looks "off", it looks like I have spacers on the front but not on the rear.
I'd like to see if I can poke the rears out just a tad (like 3mm) so they match the fronts a little more. Since they're centerlock wheels, spacers are not an option... My question is, can a camber alignment push them out ever so slightly?

I was always under the impression that the pivot axle when adjusting camber is in the center of the wheel but someone recently told me it may be adjusted by pushing or pulling the tops or bottoms of the wheels.

Can someone confirm? Thanks in advance!

Before someone asks, yes, they're widebody wheels. Here's how they currently look.. I'm on 235/305 tires and will step up to the proper 245/325 sizes first thing in the spring.

Last edited by Southpaw; 01-03-2018 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Add picture
Old 01-03-2018, 08:12 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,370 Likes on 793 Posts

Alignment is not gonna have a meaningful affect on the track width. your wheel to fender looks fine to me

Quick Reply: Question Regarding Alignment. Does it Push The Wheels Out?