Notices

08 Turbo

Old 01-10-2018, 08:00 AM
ble2011
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Makbros View Post

Iím one of those ďidiotsĒ also.
Iím one as well. So, donít couldnít out selling it for more!
Old 01-10-2018, 04:26 PM
Steven954
User

Originally Posted by gotgolf52 View Post
I recently sold my 997TT MT and I already miss it, hence I PM you with an offered. I think you price it correctly but little over my budget for another TT. I wish I didnít sold my car, I am back to the hunt for another low mileage, unabuse, and full maintenance records. It nearly impossible to find a clean car with warranty and untamper with ECU. If I canít find anything until the next 718 Spyder, I just gonna build my own Spyder.
Why did you sell the one you had in the first place?
Old 01-10-2018, 11:50 PM
Dodaleca
User

I'm also a charter member of the IDIOTS club.

I phoned the dealership and told them I'd buy the car even without knowing the price first! I did know what the previous owner got for a trade-in but for me it was an "acquire at any cost" purchase and I didn't even bother to haggle to risk possibly losing this vehicle to someone else.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:49 AM
gotgolf52
User

Originally Posted by Steven954 View Post
Why did you sell the one you had in the first place?
well, I never own any car for more than 2 years, my last TT lasted for 3 years and I get itchy. Lusting after the F-458 but decided it too much of a poseur for a young guy like myself driving around small island. Now I am toy-less and waiting for 718 Spyder with (wishful thinking) detune 4.0L GT3 engine (wishful of course)
Old 01-11-2018, 07:58 AM
MIKe30
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dodaleca View Post
I'm also a charter member of the IDIOTS club.

I phoned the dealership and told them I'd buy the car even without knowing the price first! I did know what the previous owner got for a trade-in but for me it was an "acquire at any cost" purchase and I didn't even bother to haggle to risk possibly losing this vehicle to someone else.
Your car is gorgeous! Nice find.

well, I never own any car for more than 2 years, my last TT lasted for 3 years and I get itchy. Lusting after the F-458 but decided it too much of a poseur for a young guy like myself driving around small island. Now I am toy-less and waiting for 718 Spyder with (wishful thinking) detune 4.0L GT3 engine (wishful of course)
Funny how where we live can often dictate what we choose to drive or own and for different reasons.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:05 AM
Johnny DB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911 Prospect View Post
Ha! I'm one of those "idiots" that you speak of, but at least I admit it. I bought my 09 last April and I know I paid a bit too much for it having no PCCB and ***, but it met all of my other requirements: 09, coupe, stick. BUT I looked at the happiness I would receive in buying the car and the few extra dollars just didn't matter!
No judgment here! At the end of the day, I don't get the possibility of loosing out on the car you want for say $5000. Most times the energy spent afterwards thinking about the car I really wanted and lost out on because of a $$$...
Old 01-11-2018, 09:07 AM
Johnny DB
Addict
Rennlist Member

That says a lot about the 997TT! You kept it longer than usual and after you sold it you miss it and want another one...the 997TT most be doing something right!
Old 01-11-2018, 09:48 AM
markmark26
Addict
Rennlist Member

sent you a PM
Old 02-12-2018, 09:51 AM
bmwtmx
Addict
Rennlist Member

I find that every time I sell a car it is a miserable experience of tire kickers and non-buyers trying to steal the car from you. I may list mine (MAY!) but after I sold my last car I am quite reluctant. Don't know if I can do it again..
Old 02-12-2018, 10:27 AM
John Belk
User

Originally Posted by bmwtmx View Post
I find that every time I sell a car it is a miserable experience of tire kickers and non-buyers trying to steal the car from you. I may list mine (MAY!) but after I sold my last car I am quite reluctant. Don't know if I can do it again..
It can be a hit and miss for sure. The alternative is selling it to Carmax or another dealer, but you already know, donít expect a kiss before they nail you. My own anecdotal experience has been listing the car on Rennlist has yielded positive results. Seems, the only inquiries Iíve received are ďrealĒ buyers. Again, thatís been my experience... That said, Iím always very careful about the scammer trolls that are on Rennlist. Maybe, Iíve just been lucky. Good luck to you.
JB
Old 02-12-2018, 09:24 PM
TRIPLEBLK1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thinking of selling my nicely optioned 6 speed. Under 4500 miles. Looks and smells like it just came out of the showroom. What is a realistic number I can list it for?
Thanks

PM sent!
Old 02-24-2018, 09:46 AM
JSorkin25
User

Thinking of selling my nicely optioned 6 speed. Under 4500 miles. Looks and smells like it just came out of the showroom. What is a realistic number I can list it for?
Thanks

PM sent!
Old 02-28-2018, 11:06 PM
DaveCarrera4
User

Mercy! Very low miles, closer to original pricing.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:42 PM
Big Swole
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wow!!
Old 03-13-2018, 02:02 AM
Misplacedyankee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John Belk View Post

$85.5K
Solid deal, 09s at a premium as last year of manual mezger and the few upgrades prior .2.

Was it a manual?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 08 Turbo

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: