Sponsored by:

Preparing for winter slumber?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 08:35 PM
theplings
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Britzky9
Also, do folks with the lighter adapter lower the window and feed the cord through?

Thanks!
I close the passenger door on the wire - seems small enough to not cause any damage, I also have a ctek. I don't monitor the status of the lights, I just plug it in and forget it.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:01 PM
Britzky9
Racer

Received 122 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by theplings
I close the passenger door on the wire - seems small enough to not cause any damage, I also have a ctek. I don't monitor the status of the lights, I just plug it in and forget it.
I rolled the window down half way...garage kept, no cover cause I like to look at it! Have a Battery Tender Jr on a different car. The green light lights up the garage at night.

By the way, watched your video of the folks in the TT for the first time - hilarious!
Old 11-20-2017, 10:41 PM
theplings
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

By the way, watched your video of the folks in the TT for the first time - hilarious!
Thanks - yeah it was fun taking them out. I'd like to do some more of those videos, I was borrowing a go-pro, I should get one for myself and shoot some more.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:13 AM
Britzky9
Racer

How about nitrogen in the tires? Gimmick or should I top them off with air if the car sits a bit?
Old 11-21-2017, 09:32 AM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 43 Posts

How about nitrogen in the tires? Gimmick or should I top them off with air if the car sits a bit?
Nitrogen is and isn’t a gimmick. It’s dryer and doesn’t vary as much pressure wise when the temps change. Your fine topping off with air for storage.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:47 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 3,815 Likes on 1,640 Posts

If you are 5psi low on pressure (for example), top off with regular air at a local gas station or at home. Then when you get to the dealer, just tell them to remove the last 5psi and replace that with Nitrogen.

Sorry, I just hate the whole nitrogen thing. It's a money-making scheme at the dealer. I can understand the science behind it, but honestly, my tires rarely lose any pressure anyway.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:47 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
If you are 5psi low on pressure (for example), top off with regular air at a local gas station or at home. Then when you get to the dealer, just tell them to remove the last 5psi and replace that with Nitrogen.

Sorry, I just hate the whole nitrogen thing. It's a money-making scheme at the dealer. I can understand the science behind it, but honestly, my tires rarely lose any pressure anyway.
For sure what the dealers charge IS highway robbery!!

In an area where extreme temperature change happens (Chicago was 65 and 30 within 24 hours last week) it CAN be helpful.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:46 PM
05Mdriver
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 39 Posts

Just did a fresh oil / filter change.. filled the tank.. put sta-bil in... detailed it.. plugged in the tricker charger and covered it.

See it next year !
Old 11-21-2017, 06:22 PM
Britzky9
Racer

Originally Posted by 05Mdriver
Just did a fresh oil / filter change.. filled the tank.. put sta-bil in... detailed it.. plugged in the tricker charger and covered it.

See it next year !
We might have just done the complete opposite...

Unplugged the ctek, grabbed the kids, went to Dave and Busters, they are off today and Daddy gets to drive the car, and then sat in bumper to bumper on the ride home (with a smile on my face...even though it's a manual).

I might actually be rooting for global warming.

Quick Reply: Preparing for winter slumber?