Sponsored by:

What is considered “High Mileage”??

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 05:42 PM
Oregonian
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ocious
My 2011 TTS speedo just turned 40K miles and my car still runs and performs like new. I thought I would keep it under 40K for resale purposes but now that it has I really don't care anymore and will drive it like it's supposed to be. A Porsche will last a long time and I don't think miles are a huge factor as long as it's been well maintained and documented.

BTW mt 2011 CTT just turned 60K and it's rock solid too.
That's been my experience also. My 2010 911TT has 37k and still looks and feels like new, inside and out. Porsche cars are well engineered and built to very high standards. Couple that with religious maintenance and service and they last a good long time.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:30 PM
oceancarrera
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So all of you would buy online cars to your liking? Out of warranty cars? Private owners out of warranty?
Old 10-22-2017, 09:44 PM
Oregonian
Advanced

Originally Posted by oceancarrera
So all of you would buy online cars to your liking? Out of warranty cars? Private owners out of warranty?
Two of my three Porsche cars have been out of warranty and I had no issues with either. I sought out well maintained and serviced cars and did the same during my ownership.
Old 10-22-2017, 10:41 PM
Catorce
Banned

Received 73 Likes on 45 Posts

I do it all the time!
Old 10-23-2017, 09:41 AM
oceancarrera
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's great! I always chicken out on buying online/non-warranty cars. Thanks for the honest info. That's my biggest worry.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:47 PM
Oregonian
Advanced

I look at it like this- the extra protection of a warranty is nice if available, however if you take your time and are selective in the vehicle you choose you can be relatively worry free also. I think it's just a matter of personal preference, I have friends and family that will never own a car out of warranty just for the peace of mind.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:52 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

Yes, I've never had a problem. Start with cars advertised here on Rennlist, they are generally very well represented and the owners are honest. At least that's been my experience. I've also purchased many cars from Carmax including my current TTS. They have a great reasonably priced warranty and their 7-day return policy and 30-day no questions asked warranty is second to none, JMO.

Quick Reply: What is considered “High Mileage”??