Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"System fault visit workshop"(and others...)

Old 09-29-2017, 02:28 PM
caslca
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default "System fault visit workshop"(and others...)

Fresh in the 29th day of my CPO expiring, after an hour in the soccer cage, my son and I put our gear in the frunk. When I got in to drive off, the car decided we're close enough to Christmas and it's time to light-up that dashboard good:
"System fault visit workshop"
"Drive Off Assistant Failure"
"PSM failure"
codes: [p1627]

Keeping the story short, I checked the fuse box (i've read C6 may be out when you see this) but mine were all healthy.

My theory was that we got statically charged (the ground is plastic tiles in the cage) and when we got to the car, we went for the frunk first which caused the discharge to zap the front control module. I cleared the codes with my Autel scanner(
Amazon Amazon
) and went on 50mile ride. Codes/errors haven't come back (there aren't any pending codes either)

Anyway, most similar posts I could find referred to 997.1s so I just wanted to raise awareness that the 997.2 doesn't appear to have fixed this issue.
Old 03-22-2019, 09:58 PM
RennKit-Dave
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 169 Likes on 116 Posts

Reviving. 997.2 TTS. Same codes now most of the time. Nothing until I put battery on trickle charger after being parked for a month in garage. Cleared codes with iscan POR II. They come back, usually PSM, but every few times all listed in prior post. Any ideas?
http://rennkit.com/
  • Patented eRam Kit™ for 996/997 Turbo & Carrera GT wings
  • Cal*Cool™ - brake cooling 996/997 / Bluetooth Retrofit Kit™ for 1998-2011 cars / Wing Extenders™ 987 Cayman / 997 Turbo
  • AUTO-BLiP for MT / Function F1RST Shift ***** / Girodisc 2-piece rotors / OS Giken LSD / Phenix suspension / Zunsport grills / 997/987 switches/PCM ***** / Border Coilovers

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "System fault visit workshop"(and others...)