TrackJunke
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Airbag Light and Pinpointing the Issue

I recently got an airbag light and hooked up my durametric showing codes below:

Passenger Airbag OFF open circuit/short circuit to ground
C152
Communication PSM control unit drive

From my research it seems it could be variety of sensors or likely the airbag control module. Does anyone know how to use the Durametric to pinpoint the faulty sensor before buying parts? I have reset the codes and the C152 has disappeared but the 8016 keeps coming back. The sensors I can check with the Durametric all seem to be between 2.4-2.5 Ohms but not sure if I can isolate the control module as an issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:05 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,461 Posts

First thing I'd do is just reset and see if/when it re-trips.

Airbag lights never self reset, and any momentary glitch will set them off. Looking for a bad sensor might be a snipe hunt if your not consistently tripping the light.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:06 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Never mind... I guess I should have read your whole post! I see that are getting a consistent fault.

I've had vehicles in the past (VW Touareg) where the airbag fault issue wasn't a sensor, but a connector not making good contact, even when fully clicked in. Ended up being a TSB, but as an early adopter (2004!), my dealership chased their tails on it.

I think the 'passenger airbag off' might relate to the weight sensor in the passenger seat. That happened to be my exact problem on the twarg. Might want to check and reseat airbag connectors under the passenger seat?

Does the fault reoccur immediately after startup or after driving around for a a few days? If after driving around, further points to a loose/intermittent connector rather than a faulty sensor.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:07 PM
TrackJunke
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

I have reset multiple times and keeps tripping when starting the car. Planning to replace the light in center console and see if that fixes it. Will update if it does.

Quick Reply: Airbag Light and Pinpointing the Issue