Sponsored by:

Advice on this 997.1TT Please!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 06:13 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,262 Posts
Default Advice on this 997.1TT Please!!

2007 997.1TT, Silver / Cocoa, 6MT, 60K miles, PCCB's, Sport adaptive seats, Carbon Package, NO SPORT CHRONO
Drove well. Has a few paint issues but over all not too horrible. only 1 key.

No records (dealer car, prob bought at auction) but Car Fax is extensive...3 owners....1 minor accident in front reported (might be the damaged front spoiler, but not sure what else.)

Look at it and tell me what y'all honesty think about the car and color combo (for resale purpose someday).

Once I get some responses, then I'll tell ya what I could buy it for and we'll see if it's worth it.

Thank you in advance.

David

Old 09-08-2017, 06:14 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Old 09-08-2017, 07:17 PM
thatonealex
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The CF console is held in with rivets and glue? I don't think I have seen that before, that would be a red flag for me in terms of how well the car is maintained. The climate control rockers have stickers on them as well, very common fix for when they're worn out.

Check if PCCBs are in good shape, no chips or pitting. The adaptive seats are a plus.

I'm not a fan of the color combo, but if you like it then that's not an issue. Might be a bit harder to sell but nothing a good asking price wouldn't fix. Damage on the dash can most likely be repaired, some light paintwork will get her looking like new. Sport chrono isn't a major issue in my eyes, just get a tune and DSC module.

Did you do a PPI? Maybe call the shops that serviced the car and see if you can get an idea of the service history.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:22 PM
Skwerl
Drifting

Received 303 Likes on 185 Posts

Everything can be resold easily if you price it right...

That said, this one probably isn't one of the more desirable examples if resale is a focus. The lack of Sport Chrono is a non-starter for some, even though it can be fixed easily with a tune, and I've noticed cars without it tend to sit longer on classified sites. The cocoa interior won't be to everyone's taste, especially on silver, and especially with the carbon fiber trim pieces. The miles will shrink the buyer pool a bit further. (I've heard some people talk about 40k-mile TTs like they're all used up. )

Speaking of Sport Chrono, sort of weird that they paid thousands extra for the PCCBs and Adaptives but not the basically standard SC...

If you get it for a good price at the front-end, though, you could probably sell it for the same good price a few years down the line, it just might not be quick and painless.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:28 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

The buying price is now at $58,500 after negotiations.

Fairly good I'd say, BUT I'm sill just not sure on the color combo / condition.

Going to keep shopping but an 07 997.1TT for under $60K isn't too bad a deal I recon.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:44 PM
05Mdriver
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 39 Posts

If the requirement is to be under 60k.. thats not a bad one
Old 09-08-2017, 08:01 PM
Skwerl
Drifting

Received 303 Likes on 185 Posts

If there are no undisclosed mechanical issues and you get it in the mid-$50s you should do fine come resale, I think.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:12 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 05Mdriver
If the requirement is to be under 60k.. thats not a bad one

Under $60K would be preferred, but I am looking at cars above that for sure... Undecided on a real budget since I'm financing a majority of the car I buy...Long as payment is reasonable, I'm good. But want a "Deal" on whatever I purchase.

Originally Posted by Skwerl
If there are no undisclosed mechanical issues and you get it in the mid-$50s you should do fine come resale, I think.

$58,500 sounded like their bottom...They've had it a while though and was as high as $64,990.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:31 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,247 Likes on 783 Posts

It's a bit rough, but it can be brought back to something special with a little attention. I like the color combination. If I wanted a silver car, then I would definitely consider it. I've seen that combo in person and I think it looks nice.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:14 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dennis C
It's a bit rough, but it can be brought back to something special with a little attention. I like the color combination. If I wanted a silver car, then I would definitely consider it. I've seen that combo in person and I think it looks nice.
Thank you for the positive post. I'm gonna keep shopping but this one will stay on the list for now.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:23 PM
strato58
Pro

Received 113 Likes on 66 Posts

Im sure it could be brought back but at what price? The carbon replacement pieces are very expensive. Looks like the car was stored outdoors and the heat and sun affected the carbon trims. For the money you have to put into this to get it "perfect" you might just be able to find another car. Plus the dents and the leather scratched dash. Im too **** retentive with my cars. Sorry
Old 09-08-2017, 11:13 PM
Dodaleca
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts

This car gives me the sense of being uncared for so I'd be wary that what I can't see easily is in worse shape. I'd certainly get the best PPI that I could plus get some $ estimate of known repairs to use for budgeting and possibly beating the price down further if I was going to buy (I wouldn't as I don't have the time to fix a vehicle much and it would annoy me continuously until it was nearer a good condition).

From the performance standpoint I agree it is odd - spend big money for PCCB and adaptives but don't get the LSD or sport chrono.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:42 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 435 Posts

Yes, keep looking, sir. You're not totally loving it. You should really LOVE the car you find. I know, in time, you'll find something more to your liking. it just doesn't seem like it was loved and personally, if I could afford it, I'd ONLY want to buy a car I loved, even if it meant going above my budget, which I actually did, by a whopping $10k. On the other hand, if you loved this, you'd have gotten it. Which you didn't, so it's all good. No rush...
Old 09-09-2017, 02:12 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
Yes, keep looking, sir. You're not totally loving it. You should really LOVE the car you find. I know, in time, you'll find something more to your liking. it just doesn't seem like it was loved and personally, if I could afford it, I'd ONLY want to buy a car I loved, even if it meant going above my budget, which I actually did, by a whopping $10k. On the other hand, if you loved this, you'd have gotten it. Which you didn't, so it's all good. No rush...
Funny you say that... I did find THE car I LOVE and it is WAY more than I was planning on spending. However I've already been approved for the loan amount of it. So really all I have to do is say GO....lol

It's just I was trying to do the "Smart" thing and try to spend less on a "Toy"...all be it a "Dream Car Bucket List Car".

If I'm making a payment, I might as well get the car I really want, huh??
Old 09-09-2017, 02:16 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 435 Posts

YES!!! 100% Live for today.

Quick Reply: Advice on this 997.1TT Please!!